Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest makeover adventure (pic included)

My latest makeover adventure (pic included)

I haven't been posting much about my makeover adventures for the past year, because my luck has turned really bad. I lost my regular makeup artist last year when I felt she was taking advantage of me, and when I asked about it she quickly said she didn't want to do my makeovers any more.

I found another girl who was really good, but after 4 makeovers, I started getting the sense I was again being taken advantage of - that is, appointments canceled at the last minute, being made to wait for over an hour when I have a scheduled appointment, etc. Again, when I mentioned it (and I was very tactful) I was told that I better find someone else.

I think that these women felt like they had me over a barrel, knowing that it would be hard for me to find someone else to do these makeovers. Well, I started looking again. I went in for consultations with 3 more makeup artists/hairdressers. All 3 were wildly enthustistic about doing my makeovers, but when it came time to schedule an appointment, there was always some problem. This went on for several months, until I found another girl who was really fun and had fun doing them, even if she wasn't the best makeup-wise, we had fun. But again, she canceled too much, about 1 in 4 scheduled appointments ever happened - the rest were canceled by her for various personal reasons (read: home problems).

So now, I think I have found THE one - that is, if she doesn't also turn out to be a total flake She is a former state beauty pagent winner, worked as a makeup artist for Estée Lauder and also worked with pagent girls teaching them deportment. She is very enthustiastic, is a lot of fun and has already come up with lots of ideas she wants to try - like doing me up as a pagent winner, I even get to wear her crown and sash LOL

We had an appointment last Friday, we only played with makeup and wigs (she also did my brows and nails) but we both had a great time, and I hope to see her again for a full dress-up, nails, makeup etc appointment. Hopefully, this will mean a lot more opportunities for me to get all girled up more often.

I am very happy and excited about this, but I need to be guarded in case she also turns out to be unreliable....

Oh - here is a pic from last week
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, Dana. That's the best makeover, yet. She sure sounds like a keeper. Hope everything works out for the two of you.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

What a great picture! I'm glad that you finally found someone that can do your makeup--the results are outstanding so perhaps it was worth the effort! I wish I could find someone locally but I have only had a makeover done infrequently while traveling and the results were certainlly not as impressive. Have fun!

Dana dear, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune with make overs. The pic is great and you look good. I hope this works out for you this tme dear.

Tiffy
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Makeover

Absolutely beautiful Dana. You are one of the definative gals here. Richard wanted to ask you to dinner but I told him to behave(just kidding). Very nice Dana, it suits you well. Ericka Kay

Beautiful!

Very Beautiful! She made a good job. And the two of you had fun which is better! I hope it works out for you both.

Caroline

WOW!!!!! That has to be the most stunning picture I've seen of you out of all the makeovers you have had. You look amazing Lets hope she's a keeper
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Aspiring Member
    The foundation and hair looks fake to me.

All I can say is wow and please tell me you are near so i can use her.

Fabulous darling

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I have to agree with everyone and say how very lovely your pic looks. Too bad your chances at advancing in the fantasy football playoffs this weekend dont look as good.....
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Hi Dana,

Your foundation makeup, lips, brows and nails look wonderful, but if I can be allowed to nitpick some minor details, eyes could be a little better, in that she didn't blend your eyeliner on the lower lid very well, kind of a hard line, and it appears that the false lash on your right eye is either coming loose at the outer corner, or else it wasn't applied correctly.

I'm not a fan of messy-looking hair styles, so the wig styling isn't my favorite, but it sounds like you've found a stylist with lots of possibility.

I really hope she turns out to be a good one for you. From your picture and description, I'd certainly be a customer of hers if she was around here.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Thumbs up Wow

Absolutely fabulous hun, You've given me some great ideas. A picture is worth a million in your case......red kisses....nicki

I had a similar problem finding a new salon when we moved this last time. I swear that there must be a salon on every conner here in Dallas. It took me about 4-5 months to find the salon and tech that I now use. It was not a appointment problem as much as service and price. The first salon I went to charged me $80 for a pedicure/manicure/fill. She also did not do my nails correctly. One place I went to, I felt very uneasy, since I was the only cutomer she had in the shop and no one else came in while I was there. Then I found my current salon and WOW, is it great. I can get a pedicure/manicure/fill/polish/eyebrows for only $40. Half of what some in the area are charging. Also the shop always have customers in it and many are walk ins. Each tech has her own Cliental, which means you get the personal touch that make all of the difference. Plus their massage chairs are hevenly.

I hope she works out for you and you enjoy each and every experience.

WOW! Judging by the pic... You look like a GG! I wish I could.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    HUH?
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Nice one.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Rearen View Post
    HUH?
    I mean, the hair looks like obviously a wig, and her skin looks like it has a lot of foundation on it, rather than natural skin.

Hi Dana ...if I may say so ...I hate you!!! ...and you know what that means

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar

Beautiful!

I think you look lovely. Jealous, that's me. If you had other gurls or girls in your area to recommend to your stylist, I'm sure she would love you for it, and make sure to be available for your scheduled appointments. You being such a valued customer and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Rearen View Post
    Wow, Dana. That's the best makeover, yet. She sure sounds like a keeper. Hope everything works out for the two of you.
    Wow thanks Sophia!! We took more pix but this one was best I think....
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    What a great picture! I'm glad that you finally found someone that can do your makeup--the results are outstanding so perhaps it was worth the effort! I wish I could find someone locally but I have only had a makeover done infrequently while traveling and the results were certainlly not as impressive. Have fun!
    It can be a bit daunting, but there are ways to search for makeup artists in your area, I would be happy to share my method with you if you want? Thanks for your nice comments too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffy View Post
    Dana dear, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune with make overs. The pic is great and you look good. I hope this works out for you this time dear.

Tiffy
    Hopefully, all's well that ends well and this will continue to get even better.... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    Absolutely beautiful Dana. You are one of the definative gals here. Richard wanted to ask you to dinner but I told him to behave(just kidding). Very nice Dana, it suits you well. Ericka Kay
    Many thanks Ericka/Rich - both of you are very nice people and I would be honored to go out with either one
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinebrookes View Post
    Very Beautiful! She made a good job. And the two of you had fun which is better! I hope it works out for you both.

Caroline
    Thanks Caroline, we did have fun and to me, that is at least 50% of any makeover...
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, wow, wow, and wowsers. You look HOT. I'm very envios.
    Hugs, Shelly.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

Do you know how many people you're going to make jealous? (psssst: me included)

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Dana,

You look amazingly like an actress on a now syndicated sitcom. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the sitcom but it involved three girls and their nanny. I think the actress's name could even have been Dana.

I don't understand those who are nitpicking your picture here. You are absolutely gorgeous! I don't see one iota of "male" in your picture dear. Oh, and as for the eyelash? Nope, I don't see it as misapplied or loose. It's just viewed in profile.

I can't wait to see pics of you with the tiara and sash! You're definitley one cutie patootie!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    WOW!!!!! That has to be the most stunning picture I've seen of you out of all the makeovers you have had. You look amazing Lets hope she's a keeper
    Thanks sweetie You are far too kind - but keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    All I can say is wow and please tell me you are near so i can use her.
    Thanks Maddie, that is nice of you to say. It depends on what you mean by "near"
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbobbie View Post
    Fabulous darling
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Jersey View Post
    I have to agree with everyone and say how very lovely your pic looks. Too bad your chances at advancing in the fantasy football playoffs this weekend dont look as good.....
    Thanks Ashley - you just print that pic out and keep it taped to your monitor this Sunday, so you can see who it is you're playing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Hi Dana,

Your foundation makeup, lips, brows and nails look wonderful, but if I can be allowed to nitpick some minor details, eyes could be a little better, in that she didn't blend your eyeliner on the lower lid very well, kind of a hard line, and it appears that the false lash on your right eye is either coming loose at the outer corner, or else it wasn't applied correctly.

I'm not a fan of messy-looking hair styles, so the wig styling isn't my favorite, but it sounds like you've found a stylist with lots of possibility.

I really hope she turns out to be a good one for you. From your picture and description, I'd certainly be a customer of hers if she was around here.

Carol
    Carol, not a prob, your comments are welcome. You are right about the liner and eyelash (I felt as if the lash was loose a bit). In her defense, this was the first time she had made up a male before, and the first time we had worked together, so there is room for improvement Also, she knew nothing about wigs, so again, it was a learning experience.... hopefully it will only get better as we get used to each other.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]