Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest makeover adventure (pic included)

WOW, you look great.

Dana, what a great way to end a dry spell.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    Thanks sweetie You are far too kind - but keep it up!
    Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?
    Thanks Maddie, that is nice of you to say. It depends on what you mean by "near"
    Thanks
    Thanks Ashley - you just print that pic out and keep it taped to your monitor this Sunday, so you can see who it is you're playing....
    Carol, not a prob, your comments are welcome. You are right about the liner and eyelash (I felt as if the lash was loose a bit). In her defense, this was the first time she had made up a male before, and the first time we had worked together, so there is room for improvement Also, she knew nothing about wigs, so again, it was a learning experience.... hopefully it will only get better as we get used to each other.
    OMG, I love that come back!

Thanks sweetie You are far too kind - but keep it up!
    Not too kind at all, you know me Dana, I say it how it is and I mean what I say, you look absolutely fabulous
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    The foundation and hair looks fake to me.
    Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?
    Jennifer, one thinks you are jealous... Of course the hair is fake, it's a wig, as for the foundation, the lady is a professional, she knows exactly what foundation to use for photography... sheesh..... I'd better not show you my makeover photo, you'd say the whole thing was fake (nice comeback Dana... had me rolling)
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Passion View Post
    Absolutely fabulous hun, You've given me some great ideas. A picture is worth a million in your case......red kisses....nicki
    Thanks nicki - glad I could give you soem ideas, I hope they are good ones LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I had a similar problem finding a new salon when we moved this last time. I swear that there must be a salon on every conner here in Dallas. It took me about 4-5 months to find the salon and tech that I now use. It was not a appointment problem as much as service and price. The first salon I went to charged me $80 for a pedicure/manicure/fill. She also did not do my nails correctly. One place I went to, I felt very uneasy, since I was the only cutomer she had in the shop and no one else came in while I was there. Then I found my current salon and WOW, is it great. I can get a pedicure/manicure/fill/polish/eyebrows for only $40. Half of what some in the area are charging. Also the shop always have customers in it and many are walk ins. Each tech has her own Cliental, which means you get the personal touch that make all of the difference. Plus their massage chairs are hevenly.

I hope she works out for you and you enjoy each and every experience.
    Hiya JoAnn - yep, finding a good salon can be a bit of a search, but it pays off when you find a good one.... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    WOW! Judging by the pic... You look like a GG! I wish I could.
    Thanks marie - a GG huh? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    Nice one.
    Thanks Julie back at ya...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlyn View Post
    Hi Dana ...if I may say so ...I hate you!!! ...and you know what that means
    LOL Sherlyn - your hate is the best compliment I could get - thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeauxmarie View Post
    I think you look lovely. Jealous, that's me. If you had other gurls or girls in your area to recommend to your stylist, I'm sure she would love you for it, and make sure to be available for your scheduled appointments. You being such a valued customer and all.
    Thank you thank you! For now, she is mine all mine LOL
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pinkshelly View Post
    Wow, wow, wow, and wowsers. You look HOT. I'm very envios.
    Hugs, Shelly.
    Shelly - you'll have me blushing over here of you keep that up
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicagirl View Post
    Do you know how many people you're going to make jealous? (psssst: me included)
    Thanks veronicagirl - amazing what a little makeup can do....
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Vanya View Post
    Dana,

You look amazingly like an actress on a now syndicated sitcom. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the sitcom but it involved three girls and their nanny. I think the actress's name could even have been Dana.

I don't understand those who are nitpicking your picture here. You are absolutely gorgeous! I don't see one iota of "male" in your picture dear. Oh, and as for the eyelash? Nope, I don't see it as misapplied or loose. It's just viewed in profile.

I can't wait to see pics of you with the tiara and sash! You're definitley one cutie patootie!
    Wow Vanya - thanks! I think I know who you are talking about, but OMG - I don't even want to mention who I think it is that you are thinking about! My makeup artist was already wondering if I could fit into her sequin gown, but she weighs about 98 pounds - so THAT ain't gonna happen. I could maybe use her gown for a wrap or something though
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiecd636 View Post
    WOW, you look great.
    Thanks Jamie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Dana, what a great way to end a dry spell.
    Holly, that is exactly what I was thinking too! Now, onto more and better makeovers....
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I forgot to mention, I have never been into the going out thing, but she has already started on me to go out. She has said she wants to get me to go out, and that she would be there to watch over me and protect me

Oh - and one more thing, there is a second girl at this salon who also wants to make me over, so the two of them are getting together to work out a way so they can both participate! Wow, this is really gonna be fun - or dangerous - I am a sucker for GGs who say "Pleeaassseeee Dana..." LOL

...and thanks for all who have responded, you have really touched me
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DanaJ,

You look so pretty. Your face is so smooth and your nails look so nice. I would like to see the tiarra and sash in future pictures.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

OMG how gorgeous are you? WOW!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-13-2006 at 05:15 PM.

Silver Member
    The foundation and hair looks fake to me.
    Actually hon you look great. My only advice is to learn how to do your hair and apply makeup yourself and save your money for those special events when you want to put on the dog and have someone with special experise do the hair and makeup. And Jennifer, I would love to see your photo in either your profile, avatar or maybe in a post. Curious to know what you think is real and natural. xoxoxox Janessa
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Dana -- You posted this less than four hours ago and already you have over 30 posts. I know why. We all wait for you to post those makeover stories and pics and when you do, it's showtime!
    I don't believe it, but I thought that you couldn't look any better than you have in some of your other makeover pics. You have proven me wrong. You look absolutely deliciously gorgeous in the pic. And I love your nails.
    Are you going to let us in on any secret methods she used?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Dana, thanks sharing the marvy photo, you look polished - and great.

(Viva la free market - good for you not taking any crap from makeover pros.)

Yo, Jennifer, you got some nerve.
    Last edited by Calliope; 12-13-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Stunning- Absolutely Stunning

I thought your other pics were good but this is well .........WOW

Its just not fair on us poor mortals

Beautiful and Intelligent what a combination
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.

I found it!

Lisa Whelchel, who played "Blair" in the sitcom Facts of Life!

http://www.lisawhelchel.com/gallery/factsoflife/fol.htm

Now, tell me you don't look like her twin!!!!

I mean, the hair looks like obviously a wig, and her skin looks like it has a lot of foundation on it, rather than natural skin.
    Believe it or not, but I'm quite sure, that there is a beard under there somewhere. That is one hell of a nice foundation job.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Stunning pic. absolutely gorgeous! I don't understand why the make up artist problems...guess there is more demand than supply....but whoever did this make up job...I'd keep!

Very sweet.....and the make only enhances your natural beauty! You are gotrgeous and are even without make up... I can just tell!

Goodluck hon.... thanks for sharing the photo.

Wow, very nice!! If you have any more photos, post 'em please

Trish
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-13-2006 at 05:14 PM.

absolutely stunning
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fabulous

hi dana,
    you look fabulous, i to had a makeover some time ago, and it made me feel a million dollars.
    so i know how you must have felt, and to find a good makeup artist is a feet and not easy.
    keep the pics comming.

love linda

You look very sweet dear, you should go out, get the attention you deserve. And don't worry, if the gg's say they will look out for you, they will, they just might let you sweat a little before they intervene when you start getting approached by all the men who are going to be hitting on you!

Wow....not only is the make-up excellent, but the style of the wig fits you perfectly. Keep her and give her all these compliments!!!

I just came back from my electrolysis, but I started out the session with my praise for the work she was doing.....it goes a long way!

Dana,

Does this pic come in life size....
    I'd keep you.....
    "I DREAM TO BE THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE"

OMG am I jealous

I always do my own makeovers (the cost factor you know) but once in a while it is soooo much fun to have one done for you by a pro. Once again I am sooooo jealous.

Platinum Member
    omg omg Dana omg you got to have a sister omg ...did i say omg yet?? omg girlfriend you look fab..... as soon as things slow down here we need to talk ... go out you pass trust me omg just fab.........

simply gorgous