Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wears nail polish in drab?

Hi I keep my nails polish all the time most of the time french or american but for the holidays I went with red. I think most people noticed the red but not one person sad a word but most people that know me are used to seeing me with nails that red was no big deal!
    huggs jennig

HI Geneva, Always wear a clear nail polish as it protects my nails from chipping and breaking. I like to wear my nails somewhat very long for a m but great for the f in me. Samantha

I Do! I Do!

Since I joined this forum, I let my nails grow to about 1/2" beyond my tips, and I keep my finger and toe nails polished at all times.
    I dress and I semi-dress, so I never know what I'll be wearing or when I'll "fully-dess" (wig etc). so I'm always "just me".
    Right now have my toes done in a deep gold and my fingers in a light gold. Getting a manicure tomorrow, let's see, last time I went srmi-drab, pocket-tee, missy embroidered shorts, fem sandals and lipstick. This time I'm going to wear a new, deep-V neck, embroidered, pink tee, denm, above the knee skirt, sandals, purse, lipstick, eye shadow, liner and mascara. Hmmm, maybe a necklace, fem-watch and braclet too, giggle.
    I love being me! giggle

Been keeping my fingers polished for better than a year now. Use Sally Hansen "Hard As Nails" clear gloss. When I do my nails once every two weeks I put on four coats and they look real shiney. My toes have been done since July. (just love it) This time I had them done in a glittey red with a snowman on each big toe. My next pedicure appt in in two weeks, almost Valentine time, so I'm gonna get them done in a bright pink with either a heart or Cupid on the big toe.
    When my wife saw them this time she just rolled her eyes as if to say, "you old fool", but at least she didn't yell at me to "take that stuff off"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Not in Drab

Today I went out in drab and was complimented on the appearance of my finger nails, by a lady security guard at the hospital that I was visiting . She could not believe that I did them myself. Good words, on one's looks, always makes this girl glow, in drab or not. & Trina
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Content and Happy
    Toe nails are polished 24/7.

Lanore

hi there well i have nail polish on in drab in fact i was going to post my trip to the salon were i got my nails and my eye brows done with pictures
    oh and i was in drab too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I do. Right now a diamond dust (clear with glitter) and decals in each finger...small finger a snow flake, ring finger a Christmas Tree, middle finger a candy cane, index finger a Santa hat, and the thumbs have Merry Christmas in them. Here's a picture (I apologize for the quality)...
    "Lady Fingers"

I keep my toes painted all the time too. Sometimes i wear a base coat/satin finish on my fingernails.

I've gone out with one fingernail done clear but my toes have been done for 2 weeks now just wear socks when out or someones here
    Angie

My toes occassionally. Not brave enough for my hands. Maybe someday while out of town.

New CD in San Antonio RandiCD78209's Avatar

Love to do my nails

I like my nails long and love the ritual of grooming my hands & nails. I wear a clear-to -pink polish - not too noticeable. Just my wife comments and few glances by work associates. So far I'm not compelled to shorten my nails nor stop the manicures.
    RandiCD in San Antonio

Spinster of this Parish Madeleine's Avatar

Fingers only

As my nails are often split,chipped and torn, I got my wife to do them in clear hardening varnish from Sally Hansen two weeks ago. Works a treat, and look good. If asked why they look so good I can always say that it is for 'remedial treatment'. Why not give it a try?

Madeleine with a new avatar xx
    If I get to where I'm supposed to be going then please stop me.

Just a matter of time.

I'm going to out myself one day.

My toenails are polished now but it's winter here and even I never see them <But you can! Just check out "Post your pretty toes polished." on the Pic/Vid Forum>. I think next summer would be a good time I could hide them if I had to, otherwise show them off.

I've been wanting to do my hands - you girls have given me some ideas - maybe I'll start with clear or just a finger or two. Oh the ways we encourage each other!
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

When my two sides were fighting each other, I used to wear clear nail polish at work to spite myself (!?)along with "toned down" mascara, shadow, blush and face powder and pantyhose, panties and bra under my work clothes. Did I care if anyone noticed? Not really as my "tomboy" persona was emerging and I would have literally busted anyone in the chops if they said anything(angry young lady, that one). Now that things have settled out, when I'm Ericka, I'm Ericka, when I'm Richard, I'm Richard because I know who I am. Richard is "all guy" and "real men" don't wear nail polish or eat quish (or do they?)
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar

Hard as nails

I too, have used Sally Hansons polish with nylon. It has a very faint pink tinge and I have worn it when doing grocery shopping many times. No reaction from the till assistants at all and only once was I aware of a man looking at my hands while I was has paying.
    Love
    Edwina

Wink Secret Nail Polish

[SIZE="3"]I wear a clear satin nail polish 24/7. They feel like polished nails, but do not look like polish. They feel and look very smooth but no shine.
    TTFN
    CYndie
    [/SIZE]

Nails

Every winter my toenails are painted a bright red. Can't do it in the summer because I'm at the lake alot and don't wear socks. Lately, when I get a manicure, my girl has been buffing my fingernails. Makes them look like a clear polish, but isn't. Really like it that way.

Right hand, middle finger, black!

But hey, I'm a goth chick.
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

Not too often

I do my toenails pretty often in drab, but not my fingernails unless I'm dressed. I'm going out to take some pics tomorrow morning, and have been growing my nails longer the last few weeks, so have had clear polich on to keep them strong.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    My toes are almost always painted nowadays Life is too short to have ugly toes. hehehe.

I'll sometimes wear finger nail polish when in drab. Usually it is clear or a very light pink. I once went out with pinker-then-normal nails and when asked I just claimed that it was the new way guys are showing support for breast cancer.

"Ribbons and rubber bracelets are soooo last century. Painted nails are the new way to go."

Hahahaha.

"I once went out with pinker-then-normal nails and when asked I just claimed that it was the new way guys are showing support for breast cancer."

LOL! Fantastic ad-libbing!
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Model View Post
    "I just claimed that it was the new way guys are showing support for breast cancer."!
    Ok I'm sooo going to use that line when the next person asks me why I am wearing make up.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Today I will go to work with clear polish on my nail extensions !
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I remember being about 14 or 15 and my younger sister got this crazy nail polish, the kind that had sparkley stuff floating in it, anyway I put one swipe on and it didnt leave enough sparkles so I kept layering until my whole thumb was covered with these sparkles, holey cow was my sister mad when she had seen how much of it I used... she then banned me from her nail polishes. The funniest part was I still wasn't out to her at that time.
    Can you really have to much mascara?