Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you date "yourself"?

Quote Originally Posted by megan81 View Post
    you know I honestly dont like myself enough to date me male or female.
    Maybe you just need to get to 'unknow' yourself a bit. You're a young 'un still. It takes time to learn to love.

sure would

Susan loves high heels, leather clothes, thi high boots, and wants to try new things with her partner, what man would not like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey2 View Post
    . I hope thats not to weird but it is true.
    Umm, too weird? You're bringing Coal to Newcastle Kelsey . . . .

No I am too hideous and pathetic.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    Or maybe, better to say, for the straight ones amongst us, would you be attracted to date someone who looked like your femme self?
    Hard to say. The women I consistantly "notice" at work are the ones who tend to wear tasteful femme clothes such as long skirts, so I might notice Tess-Leigh's tasteful clothes. Then again, Tess-Leigh has a bunch of other clothes that aren't necessarily quite as "tasteful" but are interesting -- so drab-me might notice the variety.
    But drab-me is kind of a bore (but not a boor!), so I don't know if Tess-Leigh would have any interest in drab-me!

I definitely would,, I tend to like the ****ty ones the most!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    Or maybe, better to say, for the straight ones amongst us, would you be attracted to date someone who looked like your femme self?
    I can't recall the exact words, nor the person that spoke them, but I think Groucho Marx once said something along the lines of "I would never associate with anyone that would associate with me". I'm sure I butchered that, but the concept is there . . .
    Kim

Groucho

Groucho Marx said " I would never belong to a Club that had me as a member ", or something pretty close. Maureen

The only trouble if I dated me is that I would have to get out of a warm bed and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Maureen View Post
    Groucho Marx said " I would never belong to a Club that had me as a member ", or something pretty close. Maureen
    That's it! Thanks so much - it has been driving me nuts trying to remember the exact phrase.

Kim

There are a few variations of that quote around. I think it was first used in Animal Crackers. In his book, "Groucho and Me", he puts it like this: "I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."

For more fun Groucho quotes, see here.

I often think about this quote in reference to TG relationships. My variation of it is: "Never have intimate relations with someone significantly more (or less) crazy than yourself".

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I know that I pick clothing and hair styles that I find attractive, so I guess the whole package would also be attractive to me. I try for the upscale, dressy, but still girl next door look and that is what I've found pretty most of my life.

Sally

Banned Read only
    "I often think about this quote in reference to TG relationships. My variation of it is: "Never have intimate relations with someone significantly more (or less) crazy than yourself"."

Mine was always "never sleep with anyone who has more problems than you do." Lucky for me, that narrowed down the field to playable levels.

Of course, Groucho also said.

I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Remember, we're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably far more than she's ever done!

Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.

and the one we should all remember, if not live by....

The first thing which I can record concerning myself is, that I was born. These are wonderful words. This life, to which neither time nor eternity can bring diminution - this everlasting living soul, began. My mind loses itself in these depths. ...

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    Last edited by tekla west; 12-20-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Sejd
    What a fun question.
    No I don't think I would date myself. I would look at Sejd and say:"too Lutheran, go back to Michegan or Minesota!" LOL
    I guess, that's why I am married to my wonderfull wild, South-American Jewish Great GG.
    hugs
    Sejd