Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do you shave your legs

do you shave your legs

I have a membership to the local gym, but do not go as often as I would like due to having shaved my legs. Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs

I have been shaving mine during the winter months for years now. Just a few weeks ago I shaved mine and then the weather changed. It has been shorts weather for the past week and I have worn shorts on several occasions. Not a word. I don't think that I would worry about it. If anyone says anything to you just tell them what I'm going to tell them. Skirts look better with hairless legs.

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser
    Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs
    No, the contrary. Went the first time swimming in years after my first complete (almost ) body shave.
    Shaved legs are no big deal today (may depend a bit on where you live).

I've been shaving my legs for years, and years, and I do wear shorts when the weather permits and no-one has ever said anything about it. Of course I'm in my 50's now and a lot of men my age start losing hair where they used to have it and growing it in other places, like your ears?

Washington, DC area....from time to time down in Miami, FL area; Dallas, TX as well.

cause nothin' beats a great pair ...

I get mine waxed, along with the rest of my body, and I've never had anyone say anything to me. I go to the gym regularly as well ... no one really cares if have hairless legs or not. I say go ahead if you like to.
    Jessica1

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs
    If you're not ashamed, no one could possibly shame you.

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    ".. a lot of men my age start losing hair where they used to have it and growing it in other places, like your ears?
    Exactly! Just do it, like it, feel like yourself. Odds are, no one will notice, unless you have been previously recognized as a particularly hairy individual. I have shaved mine at least three times a week for the past 3 years. My GF was concerned when I showed up at her place a while ago and my legs had a week's stubble. Of course, in a Wisconsin winter, hairy legs do have some benefits. w.

hair

I been shaving my legs and arms for years and the only time anyone has said anything to me was in 8 th grade and i didn't care. And shaving my legs and arms has nothing to do with cding i just don't like hairy legs are arms.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Yes, I shave my legs

I go to the gym wearing sweats with shorts under them. I take them off depending on what I am working on and how hot and sweaty I get. The only time anyone has said anything is....one GG said she wished she had legs like mine.....what a sweet thing to say! And one guy got in the sauna with me and noticed that I am completely shaved (towel around waist) and commented that I probably wished that he was a greek bath house boy.....not sure what that means. I said no, I don't need a boy....just here to sweat crap out of my system!

I think that whatever suits you is the key! But I do not go the the gym to be social....maybe that makes a differance. I go to get my workout and I am gone!

What is living on the edge is changing in and out of panties and a bra in the locker room....be careful there! I do hate those bra lines in my back!

I wear shorts in the summer and I am sure that people have wondered "where the hell are his hairy legs" but never been ridiculed.

If I were to be called out...I would tell them the truch...that I had knee surgery on both legs, they were shaved and I liked it so much I keep them shaved.

Have fun shaving your legs. You could get some nice comments.

Red face

You will find that most people don't care if you are hairless or not. When I was a lot younger 30 or 40 years I was fairly hairy. I started to shave from the nose down 15yr ago and even when I visit my mother she has never said any thing about my hairless body when I walk around her apartment in nothing but my(male) shorts.

[QUOTE=carla smith;666387]....one GG said she wished she had legs like mine.....what a sweet thing to say!
    I went on stage en femme as a part of a set-up to try to throw the headliner off his act. I came out as my 'cousin' Polly, Polly Darton" (although I wore my smallest breast forms). All the regulars in the audience knew who I was, and at the end of the show, a lady in her 70's came by and said "If I had legs like those, I would wear a skirt like that!"That was in August, and I still have people asking when Polly is coming back! Hiding in plain sight. w.

Aspiring Member
    I have been shaving fully now for about 4 years, and have never had a comment about my shave legs.
    When wearing nylons or Panty Hose, shaved legs are a must.

Since I have been shaving fully, i have been taking notice of the men around and I was pleasantly surprised and pleased to see how many now have shaved legs or fully shaved.

A lot of the athletes will shave their legs or fully shave as they say it gives them more speed, especially in the swimming events

Denise

I shave mine.....try to explain that to all the guys in the locker room where i play ice hockey every week.....guess what, no one has asked and I don't have a pat answer ready except I like to shave my legs.....lol

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Don't know what I'd say, I'll let you know the first time somebody asks.

Anyway, I can't imagine you would catch too much crap around a gym. Don't all those Bodybuilders shave their bodies and put chicken fat all over themselves? I would imagine in that type of atmosphere, you wouldn't even get noticed.

Heck, just tell them you plan on entering The Tour De France this year.

Peace and Love Joanie

I shave mostly in the winter months. The more I do the less I worry about what someone would say, although I don't find myself in many positions that require shorts this time of year.
    Shannon

I shave my legs all year round and as everyone has said before me, Nobody even notices and if they do they make no comments about it. So relax and enjoy.

I do shave legs. Only my wife has asked about my shaving. I guess she has a right to. I plan to keep shaving them through next year. My answer should I be asked...I like the look and hate the tape pulling hairs from bandages. (sports injuries)

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Keeping in mind that I do live in Texas and aside from Austin, Texas is not the most sexually liberated part of the world. I have shaved my legs for years but I always have tried to avoid the man on the street from seeing that my legs are shaved. People might not have the nerve to say something to your face if your legs are shaved but my experience is that guys do notice it. And I have also seen that they probably will say something derogitory behind youir back. But I guess what you don't know can't hurt you.

Leggs

I don't go out dressed so there isn't as much of a need for me to shave my legs however I do shave from about mid thigh up.

Peggy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

I used to wonder if people noticed my shaved legs, now I don't care what people think.

Kymmie

Silver Member
    Well, my experience is JUST the same as everyone else's. I used to obsess over someone noticing and I would only shave in the winter. Now I shave all the time, and guess what, no one gives a rat's patootie. I look at other men's legs and smooth legs seem to be about 50/50. The fact is, shaving your legs has NOTHING to do with CDing or sex except in YOUR mind. Many, many, men are smooth shaven these days. Swimmers, bicyclers, wrestlers, weight lifters, runners, models, and yes, CDers. So, for goodness sake, relax already. If you want to shave your legs and chest, just do it. And really, the only answer you need to give is, "Because I want to", if someone is so impolite as to ask why.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    Yes I stopped wearing shorts, except for the times I am where nobody knows me. I would wear them near home, but most of the people I know are narrow minded, and would never shut up about it.
    Erika Leigh

Banned Read only
    If you don't care, neither do they

Shave them all the time this time or year
    Angie

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

nope

Nope, never have. I get mine waxed . So much easier and it last for months! But then again, I think you were asking the CD's not us
    GG's
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]