Thread: Bum-barded!

Bum-barded!

Hey everyone..
    Boy does my butt hurt! I just looked at a thread earlier regarding red bumps after shaving. Well, I have this issue. Karren Hutton had suggested to use Veet - so I just tried it. MAN.. I got issues now.. I got a barrage of bumps all over my bum and THEY HURT! What's the deal with this? Why does my skin hate to part with the hair so bad? I tried to tell it.. "Smooth skin good.. hair bad..." But it doesn't listen and throws a tantrum when shaved. Ugh.

-- KP

Speaking from my experience, take the Nair and Veet and toss 'em. Next, get some Noxzema 4-blades and a hand mirror, fill up a bath with the mildest bubble bath and, well, take it from there.

Try a cortisone type cream. Sometimes I get that irritable rash (not on my backside, thankfully) and a little of that takes care of it right away.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Your body is not used to shaving and the stuff you are using. The body is pretty adaptable.When I first started shaving , I had a reaction similar to that.Now I shave every other day. Frequency may be one of the answers but the other suggestions given may be helpful as well. Ericka Kay

Exfoliating and moisturizer always seem to work for me.. I used to get bumps and rashes until using this method!

Don't use shaveing cream Use a Gel like Skintimate and a new razor blade. You can use Destine
    ( Used for Diaper rash ) for the rash works really well and also start moisturizing your body.

OR WAX. Hurts like the dickens the first couple of times but after that it gets easier. Azulene for cleanup and to soothe the skin then use a light creme like Vit.E with tree tree oil after to soothe and heal the skin. Rather smelly but does a lovely job.

Just make sure to exfoliate every other day. You will go for 4 to 6 weeks between waxings.

The other slightly less painful and effective method is to buy an epillator. I use a Braun Silk Epil and it does a nice job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

I've used the cheap pink bottle Nair for years and years. Never had a problem, even on my backside. Don't use it on your private lower parts or nipples. They do say to do a test on a small skin area first to check for allergies.

I think Erica has it pretty well covered. Go to the Walmart and buy a generic tube of Cortisone Cream. Take a dab and rub it into your backside or wherever your getting the inflamation. Should go away overnight.

The hydrocortisone won't prevent the problem but it will treat the redness and spots. If you want to go a step further, wait about 20 minutes after you have applied the Cortisone and slather on some nice Vitamin E hand lotion.

Eventually, your body will get used to the shaving. Your behind and behind your knees will be expecially sensitive and you might want to be very careful when you are shaving those areas. Don't go over the same spot a bunch of times.

Peace and Love, Joanie

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    Everyone is different so you have to remember that 'your mileage may vary' with every bit of advice. When I first started to shave my chest I got the red bumps too. After about two weeks they went away and now I shave just about everyday with no red bumps. But remember, YMMV.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Have a look at this recent thread does anybody shave all, for some good advice on body hair removal & dealing with rashes & other reactions.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Please do not post a photo of your injury!
    Any time you use a strong chemical such as a hair remover try a little bit first to see if you're sensitive to it. Hope that you will soon be sitting pretty.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Slip Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplayer74 View Post
    Hey everyone..
    Boy does my butt hurt! I just looked at a thread earlier regarding red bumps after shaving. Well, I have this issue. Karren Hutton had suggested to use Veet - so I just tried it. MAN.. I got issues now.. I got a barrage of bumps all over my bum and THEY HURT! What's the deal with this? Why does my skin hate to part with the hair so bad? I tried to tell it.. "Smooth skin good.. hair bad..." But it doesn't listen and throws a tantrum when shaved. Ugh.

-- KP
    If the red bumps itch, you may have hives. If so, try an antihistimine. Are you, pray to god not, alergic to latex?

Red face

If you look at the bottles they all tell you to watch for reactions so Veet is not for you try Nair or mens or womans shave creams or gels and find out what works best for YOU. I use Nair but their are some spots that I have problems with so those I shave with razor and cream.

Silver Member
    I got the same reaction when I first started shaving my bum. It seems to have gone away. BUT, I started to use Stridex pads (for pimples) when I first experienced this and I still use them. So does the medication help, or have I just gotten used to shaving? Don't know.

Lovies,
    Stephenie