Thread: male voices

male voices

Hi ladies

when we are dressed en femme and we go out into public how do we hide our male voices.

I don't...I talk in a quieter version of my normal voice....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.. My attempted fem voices always sound more male than my male voice.... hehehe And I don't really care if someone know's I'm not female...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I found a web site... http://heartcorps.com/journey/voice.htm
    Hope that helps.

Voices

Can't hide 'em Hon. As Karren said she talks more softly. When I'm Ericka my voice automatically softens for some reason( I don't do it consciously).Some gals take "speech" lessons to sound like a woman. I don't have the time, energy or patience for that. If I did, I would go the whole "nine yards" and learn to sing as well. It's not just the voice itself, though. It's what you say and HOW you say it. Women talk differently than men. Alison Liang wrote a book about it. I used to have it, but that went the way of a lot of my other stuff when my wife threw things out trying to "save" me from my femme self. EKR

Quote Originally Posted by rosemarie View Post
    Hi ladies

when we are dressed en femme and we go out into public how do we hide our male voices.
    I've studied it the key is to avoid the resonance and speak softer. Men and women share a range of pitch but women don't have resonance and don't speak as loudly due to differences in the voice box. I use a tape recorder and practice a few minutes every day. It took me a bit of practice before I "found" a resonable femme voice.

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    I found a web site... http://heartcorps.com/journey/voice.htm
    Hope that helps.
    Could you please check the link? I got a '404'

Jan

Not a little girl
    On Saturday I had to make a phone call to a GG that I have known for about a year but had only talked to in person, never on the phone.

I had to tell her twice who I was (she only knows me as Jennifer). When I later saw her later that day in person, she told me that my voice was a lot deeper on the phone.

I wonder now if is the appearance that made her think that or if I just hadn't kicked into my femme mode yet.

I don't make any concious effort to disguise my voice, but do speak softer.

typos, typos

Sorry... Typos... Just hate them! here is the corrected one....
    http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm

I left of the 's' in journeys

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    Sorry... Typos... Just hate them! here is the corrected one....
    http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm

I left of the 's' in journeys
    Thanks - that's perfect.

Jan

Common advice includes trying to produce the voice 'around the roof of the mouth instead of in the throat.' That necessitates a quieter voice. Yelling will no longer be an option - and the world will thank you for that (eventually). Also: sing along with female vocalists, not bad, try Peggy Lee or late Joni Mitchell. Do not attempt Annie Lennox unless you want a sore throat.

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Also: sing along with female vocalists, not bad, try Peggy Lee or late Joni Mitchell. Do not attempt Annie Lennox unless you want a sore throat.
    Done that
    Sing along alot at my computer or in the car, also Annie Lennox

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I am one of the lucky ones. I dont have to try too hard at all. I called my house today to leave a message for my wife. I got home before she did and listened to it. I now see why I get called Mrs. all the time
    Drumming, My other hobby

I use my male voice, I'm really not trying to pass though. I dont think that with how much I swear that the fem voice would do.
    Last edited by dods460; 12-17-2006 at 07:45 PM.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

Punk Rock "Little" Sister cdeeko's Avatar

True Story

I may not have to...I am gonna ask my friends who know I am starting into Cross dressing if I need to. Whenever I answer the phone. People call me maam. And yesterday i could not get my account balnce from the bank's customer service rep because she said I sounded like a woman and I of course have a man's name on my account. I had to call automated 1-800 number to get it. Because there you just push butons.LOL
    "Oh she is not born like other 'gurls',
    but I know how to conceive her.
    Oh she may not look like other gurls,
    but she's a snarl tooth seether. Seether!"
    -Veruca Salt (slightly editted.LOL)

The illegitimate daughter of Eddie Izzard and Denis Leary.

Another one here with an androgynous voice. Often called maam on the phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]