Thread: dressing to look slimmer

cathybicd

dressing to look slimmer

new girl would appreciate some help and experienced opiions on whether or not dresses make you appear slimmer or skirts and tops do . tks cathy

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    hi cathy, i can't really say if dresses makes one look slimmer or not because i don't normally wear them. i personaly like the skirt/jeans and top combo. most of my tops are black because black is a slimming colour and thats good for the slightly bigger arms and shoulder area. hope this was atleast some help to ya. marisa

We all like to think that some clothes make us look thinner, but I don't really think it is true, if you want to look thinner, go on a diet, if you can't lose any more, use a waist cinch or even a corset. But truly, it is not neccessary in order to look good. Find the clothes, or cominations that make your body type look good. Sure that can be hard, designers do not make as much stuff for some body types, but if you shop till you drop, you can find some nice things. Any girl can with some effort look good, and girls have as wide a range of body types as men do. So you can start looking good too, just accept your current body type, and make clothing decisions based on that. If your body type changes over time for the better, good, that is a reason to shop! Just learn to be yourself, you will be most attractive and comfortable in clothes that make you look the best, no matter what style or type you aspire to someday. Good luck, and good shopping dear!

Banned Read only
    One word - a record for me I'm sure.

BLACK

In general I can't wear dresses because I have a fairly wide back, compared to my waist, so dresses don't look that great, but a few months ago, I bought a "wrap dress". I love it! You can do a lot more with skirts, especially if you go with a basic black one, but if you really want a dress, go the wrap way.

I like exersizing and loosing weight to look slimmer.....worked for me. Lost 50 pounds in 9 months!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think dresses do make certain body types a little more proportioned, I can't wear then though due to the fact I have massive shoulders.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

I find dresses give me the best shape. I go for either the wrap style of ones that button to one side or gather just under the bust. They seem to accentuate my slimness and give me more of a waist. Check out my various posts for photos.

Sally

I too am a big girl. Do diets and exersise, have lost some wieght but I am a long way from the right size for a female. But don't give up hope. There are lots of tricks on cloths you can do.

I did a bit of a detailed thread with pics and stuff on this in the beauty club a few months ago. Check out the link. You might have to join the beauty club but its worth it for all the advice, tips and good info there.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41445

Good Luck!!!!

Newport News has dresses and skirts and tops that will help with the illusion that you you are thiner. Or high light your better parts. It's call the FX collection. And cloths can make you look heavier if to loose or to tight. If you have wide shoulders and wear a tight skirt your shoulders would look wider and out of proportion.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Just my opinion, but I think you should start with single color dresses to look slimmer. Skirts and tops extend the wardrobe because you can mix and match but they don't neccessarily help one to look slimmer. Sometimes a loose fitting top will hide a waistline, sometimes it just makes you look bigger. Dresses normally give you a single "line" from shoulder to hem. That Tends to look slimmer.

Lots of patterns and designs on any clothing tends to make you look bigger, the same thing for horizontal stripes.

Already been said, but black gives "The Illusion" of less bulk. Every GG seems to instinctivly understand this, that's why they spend a lot of time and put forth a lot of effort on the pursuit of the perfect LBD. In fact, all of these fashion ideas share that one theme in common. They help to create an illusion, nothing takes the place of simply being slim.

A particular style? You will have to find what works for you, usually with a lot of trial and error. Learn to haunt The Thrift Stores and Consignment Shops, and the close-out racks. Just like The GG's, your going to buy something and then find that you don't like the way it looks on you. Better to try out new ideas on the cheap....it really sucks to make a hundred dollar mistake!

But, try to have fun with it! The reverse of the hundred dollar mistake is finding that perfect outfit. That, will make you glow all over!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west View Post
    One word - a record for me I'm sure.

BLACK
    Kat is right on both counts, Black, and it is a record

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Don't buy clothes that are too tight. Get clothes that are slightly larger in size.