Thread: Close call.

Close call.

I decided that for the first time since October, I was going to spend my telecommuting morning dressed. I took my shower and was leisurely going about getting dressed, and I was about to put on my wig and start taking pictures when I heard keys jingling at the front door.

Now the thing is, there's not really a lot of privacy in my apartment. Worse, my own room isn't big enough to take pictures in, so I'd already stacked up a box pointing at the front door with my camera sitting on top of them; There was no way someone coming in the front door could miss it.

But there was no way I had time to worry about that, and as I shut my room's door I heard roommate 1 ask "Am I interrupting?"

"Yeahkinda," I squeaked out, relieved that it was roommate 1. She knows that I'm into dressing, but she only saw me dressed once, 7 years ago, though I've been too shy to share dressing with anyone since.

One might have argued that that would have been a perfect time to get more comfortable with being dressed in any sort of public, but there were two problems: 1. She was borderline go-to-the-hospital-sick; And 2. I was wearing a *terrible* uncoordinated outfit and she would have given me hell about. ;-)

But needless to say, that put a damper on my plans for dressing up for the rest of the day.

What would you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by DressRehersal
    One might have argued that that would have been a perfect time to get more comfortable with being dressed in any sort of public, but there were two problems: 1. She was borderline go-to-the-hospital-sick; And 2. I was wearing a *terrible* uncoordinated outfit and she would have given me hell about. ;-)

What would you have done?
    I think you have done right.

Crucial point for me is the "*terrible* uncoordinated outfit".
    I wouldn't have opened the door myself for that reason.

Nevertheless, with an outfit you are satisfied with or only partial dressed I'd think about a talk with the roomate, maybe she even can help to make photos. But that's something you have to decide, you know her better.

DR,

Taken your room mate to the hospital first. Then when she's better, she could cure your outfit issues.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Banned Read only
    You might have missed out on a good opportunity not only to get it all out in the open, but also to find out why you can't get your stuff coordinated, and get some help with that also.

But I will let you off the hook if she was sick. Important stuff first.

If she knows I may have went with it
    Angie

I may have been unclear: Yes, she knows; She knew exactly what she was interrupting when she asked "Am I interrupting?"

And yeah, she was pretty sick. I got changed, and then took care of her and got her to the doctor when she decided she actually needed to go and it wasn't going to get better a few hours later.

If she feels better, take the opportunity to tell her you didn't open because of your uncoordinated outfit and ask her if she's willing to help finding a better one (she might even offer it herself)
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-20-2006 at 01:25 AM.

????????

DR,

If she knows, and has seen you dressed seven years ago, then this is not a surprise to her. When are you going to level with her and get coordinated? This could be a great opportunity.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

wow, finacarina- incredible legs......mmm

I remember when my first wife caught me. I was dressed in her garterbelt and stockings with one of her new Victorias Secrets bras. She really surprised me when she asked me to put them up when I was done!
    WOW! Katie_ you look incredible!