Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaving "Down There"

Bra Lover
    I don't understand the shaving deal. I don't see why women make a big fuss over their man shaving in areas other than the face. I feel each individual has the right to groom themselves as they see fit. This shouldn't be your spouses choice as it's your body. I'm not really hairy but nonetheless, I don't all that body hair. It feels so unclean. JMO

Sarah

StephanieCD
    It was explained to me once by a girlfriend as - she didn't like the shaving because it was a daily commitment to femininity and a daily reminder, thusly. IF she could come to terms with the occassional panty set or nighty it was once thing but to always know I was smooth disturbed her.

That was then.

Bra Lover
    I just don't get why shaving is associated with being feminine. Lot's of men shave such as athletes. Why does a woman think this about male shaving??

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    It was explained to me once by a girlfriend as - she didn't like the shaving because it was a daily commitment to femininity and a daily reminder, thusly. IF she could come to terms with the occassional panty set or nighty it was once thing but to always know I was smooth disturbed her.

That was then.

Yeah, I know that shaving is a HUGE effort - keep thos 'hairs' off of you. Maybe there's a 'shortcut'?
    XOXO,

Racheal

Quote Originally Posted by Merinda Widget
    One slip with the razor and you'll really be a girl
    Well now, that might not be so terrible, would it?
    Kisses, Linda

Vickie-CD
    Quote Originally Posted by donna anne
    just started shaving the other week. feels great, my legs stay smooth for a long time but the bikini area needs constant attention, dont know how long ill keep it up.
    Yes the bikini area does need constant attention, coarser hair. I would not recommend shaving there unless you are going to keep it shaved. If not, the regrowth process will have you scratching all the time.
    Love to All,
    Vickie

I defintely shave down there and my partner seems to prefer it that way...I know I do!

Hugs,

Stephie

I keep myself shaved all over all the time. I've found that using Avon's hair minimizing lotion daily really helps. It's not a remover, but softens the hairs, making them easier to shave, and it also seems to make the shave last much longer.

I've tried the chemical hair remover, but a few years ago I went a little overboard (like leaving it on for almost an hour!!) that I've become extremely sensitive to it. Works great when I first put it on, then the next day I'm covered with very itchy bumps that lasts almost a week.

I use an electric shaver almost everyday (one dedicated for that) and along with the lotion, everything stays very smooth. I really don't like using a razor because of the danger of nicks and the mess that follows.

Sherry
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're right
    Henry Ford

Vickie-CD
    Sherry my experiance with lotion hair remover is that they are just to harsh for me. I find that shaving regular works best for me, how often do I shave, mostly everday, I never go more than two days.
    Love ya All,
    Vickie

Quote Originally Posted by Merinda Widget
    One slip with the razor and you'll really be a girl
    Would that really be such a bad thing?
    Kisses, Linda

Here baby, there baby, everywhere, no hair, baby

I generally try to keep all the hair on my body gone. I find it difficult to manage the underarm and groin area on continual basis, so what I do is keep them as short as possible with hair clippers, that way I can shave them off without much trouble when I feel a desire, which is frequently. I find that having no hair "down there" is preferable for several reasons, the biggest reason being I just love what it looks like.