Thread: Work???

Work???

Hi I Have Just Received a Email from a Job I Have Applied For and i need to go for a meeting tomorrow so do u think i should tell them about me Crossdressing
    I Thiunk I Should but i would be working in a Supermarket and i would like to stay dressed as a woman
    XXX Emma

Why tell 'em if you're not presenting there? If you do wanna present there, present at the interview. I'd go for it if I were you - it's not like a grocery store job is like, um, an editorship at Rolling Stone or something.

Depends on how much you want the job.

I would'nt tell them anything , un-less they bring it up first, thats how I roll..
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Evon View Post
    I would'nt tell them anything , un-less they bring it up first, thats how I roll..
    I agree with this statement go to the job interview in your male attire ie suit tie etc. and do not mention anything about crossdressing since this would almost be a nail in the coffin for the position you're going for since you don't know how the person will react or think.

Hence keep quiet and roll with it as a guy and then if you get the job make friends and influence people first and then slowly get the lay of the land to see what would happen if you do come dressed as a women.

However since working in a supermarket is a customer based role and as such the company would want you to present yourself as an "ambassador" then being dressed as a female at work maybe in this situation be unfeasable as you don't know how members of the public will react.

and thats my 2cent!

I would have to agree with the girls....I wouldn't say anything, and I'm not sure if it would be legal for the prospective employer to bring up anything about your preferences as such, so if they did I might not want to workk there anyway!

On the other hand, it sure would be nice to be a full timer ;-}
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by KateLongman27 View Post
    [...] get the lay of the land to see what would happen if you do come dressed as a women.
    I think one way or the other would be better.

The point about being an ambassador for the store is a good one, to be considered if you are serious about the job. If it is direct customer interaction on a regular basis (you would be interfacing with the gen public), then you should appear for the interview the way your application indicates, I.e. if you applied under your male name, then that is what they are expecting, if you applied under your fem name, then that is what they are expecting. Understand that once you committ, you can't start bouncing back and forth, no matter how ill you might be one day. Hit them with the "are you comfortable with my crossdressing " first thing out and as someone who employs people, my first reaction is that they are more concerned about thier crossdressing than about doing my job. No one has to give anyone a job just because they applied for it, job applicants should remember that.
    If it doesn't entail customer interaction, you should still present according to the application that you filled out.

Dont tell them but when you go to the meeting show up wearing a tight black dress that shows all your sexy curves, black seamed nylons stockings with a garter belt that shows just a bit when you sit, oh and dont forget the black patent 6 inch slingback pumps. Have fun and good luck!

is in her vest
    Quote Originally Posted by CD Angel View Post
    I Thiunk I Should but i would be working in a Supermarket and i would like to stay dressed as a woman
    XXX Emma
    Hi

if I read this right, then you want to dress as a woman when you work, then go to the interview as a woman...simple, you won't have to tell them anything...
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Erm.....let me waste five minutes of my life.......

No can't be bothered.

Job interview

Perhaps a call to the store would be in order. It's a big decision to let the rest of the world into our world. It would be nice to think that everyone would be accepting of our lifestyle. But we all know that is not the case. Listen to your emotions. They won't fail you.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

24/7

It sounds to me like you want to go there. Question, Does everyone you know. know about Angel? If not, everyone could potentially know since you will have direct contact with the general public. It's alot to think about. I wish you the best of luck and good luck whomever you show up as.

Robyn

If you want to dress as a female, then you should definitely dress so for your interview -- you have every right to do so. Of course, your prospective employer also has every right not to hire you, for just about any reason they can come up with.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

If you do want to dress the go dressed, but do it conservitive. Don't wear a dress to an interview for a supermarket job. Nice Jeans and a nice top are in order.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

If it is your intention to wear female clothes during work, wear female clothes during the interview. Show off your best side. Never hide who you are - to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cori View Post
    If it is your intention to wear female clothes during work, wear female clothes during the interview. Show off your best side. Never hide who you are - to anyone.
    That says it all honey, be yourself, they will most likely consider you on yourself, so be yourself! Good luck whatever you decide, I hope the best for you!