Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Hair Vs Wigs

Real hair for me, but one boyfriend is talking about getting me a wig. I have a thing about femme colored hair - I don't like it because I don't think the colors ever match the complexion. I am totally gray, but might go for a gray wig that is close to my color.

At the time being I wear a wig because my hair is short and cut and styled into what I would almost describe as one of those "white sidewalls" jobs that were around 30 and 40 years ago.There isn't any baldness in my family but my temples are real high and I get dry scalp,etc.a whole lot.I had shoulder lenghth hair when I was 19 and 20 years old and I was just starting to dress on a fairly regular basis,albeit "in the closet".I took excellent care of my shoulder length hair sometimes shampooing twice and always every shower, sometimes twice daily!I had a blow dryer,berretts,bobby pins,and when everybody was out of the house I'd go crazy for an hour or 2.In those days and for a long time afterward I often wore my hair in a Peg Bundy Top Knot. And when I would have the house to myself I'd do Updos and Beehives. I used Aquanet hairspray.I got a short haircut in 1977.I wanted to emulate the punk style which was new at the time.

Aspiring Member
    I don't like wigs---they need to be washed (I'd rather just wash my real hair in the shower) and feel hot. I also felt my synthetic wig looked fake. Though, I might've had better experiences with wigs if I had bought a human hair wig.

I'm growing out my real hair; the front part is at nose-length now. I think it'll be the minimum length I want in another month or two! I plan on going to the hair stylist and doing something feminine with it after I'm recovered from my FFS (which is on Jan 3), but I haven't yet decided what.

wigs here. only took buying a dozen to find one or two I really like. You get what you pay for

I wear a wig all the time. Don't have real hair up there anymore.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Who out there wears a wig? More than those who don't I bet. Most people have other "boy lives" which means that at work we don't want long hair. All other times..... ....wigs "do the business"!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I used to not wear wigs since my own hair was quite long; at one point it was down to my derriere. Unfortunately long hair is a safety issue in my current job, so I had no option but to have my own hair cut and wear a wig while dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wigs and length

Hi,this is just my opinion, please,but I think it looks more natural if one wears an 'age appropriate' wig. I turn 60 next month and plan to hire a makeover and probably will purchase a wig. I think shorter styles blend in better. Sure I wish I were 21 again and could wear super long hair, but that would look absurd at my age. I have a full head of hair, but it's very fine texture and would look terrible grown out. Merry Christmas to all, Helen

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I'm bald, old, and ugly - yes i wear a wig. (Dang it!)
    Kim
    you may be old but you look beautifull in your picture
    it would be nice to be what you want
    but helps to be your self

It's my hair but someone elses colour
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    It's my hair but someone elses colour
    Snap

Denise
    xxx

My hair has been shoulder length for the last 25+ years, waist length for a few years, and it always looked good when I was dressed femme. Unfortunately, time and testosterone have caught up with me and I now sport a large bald patch in my still long but now thinning locks. I've now got several wigs but none of them look quite as good as my own hair did.