Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving information

Giving information

Stupid question here (Yeah, what else is new?). When some new "dark horse" joins the Forum who shares no information about themself in their profile or a picture, why are we sometimes so eager to spill our guts, especially if they ask pointed questions? I'm not referring to the people we more or less know as some have various reasons for not giving information, they have more or less "proven" themselves and I have no reservations posting a comment, especially if I feel it can help and especially in relation to CD issues. I sometimes hesitate to post until I see where the thread is going to get the "feel" of it to see if the person is genuine or not. It somewhat irks me to provide entertainment for some "jackass" who may just be doing it to see what us "pervs" have to say. I realize the Forum is more or less anonymous and a tool for otherwise closeted folks to get information but sometimes I just get the feeling we may be being "used" to fulfill someone's wacko fantasy. That won't stop me from posting even so if I feel the need for it. Just an observation, that's all. Ericka Kay
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 12-21-2006 at 04:01 AM.

I am at one with you, and have my speculations (of course ) why some readily jump in, but's better not to tell.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-21-2006 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    I sometimes hesitate to post until I see where the thread is going to get the "feel" of it to see if the person is genuine or not. It somewhat irks me to provide entertainment for some "jackass" who may just be doing it to see what us "pervs" have to say. I realize the Forum is more or less anonymous and a tool for otherwise closeted folks to get information but sometimes I just get the feeling we may be being "used" to fulfill someone's wacko fantasy. That won't stop me from posting even so if I feel the need for it. Just an observation, that's all. Ericka Kay

And they think CDR's are weird and perverted ??????????????? says it all don't you think
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Pertrisha Bradley View Post
    hello Ericka

I have not posted many replys but do read alot
    And Ive learnt more about myself that Ive leant about all thee other girl

love Pertrisha P.S plus I am shy
    I realize a lot of folks are shy Pertrisha and have no problem with that. I was withdrawn most of my life. It took being Ericka for me to become enthusiastic about life and become interested in people. We're here to help one another, so you don't need to feel bashful. If you are worried about what you say, don't be. We want to hear what you have to say because no matter how long some of us have been at this, we don't know everything. I make a fool out of myself all the time--just ask anyone here-- . It's just good to hear from others who are honest and open and share their heart felt feelings. I'm the absolute last person to attempt to judge anyone else. I just wanted to point out that we don't really know who we are talikng to sometimes unless they share part of themselves and when they do,we all appreciate that. Don't worry, it will come in time. As I said, I used to be shy myself, now you can't shut me up and I'm going to get my in one way or the other. Good hearing from you, Hon and look forward to hearing from you more. Ericka Kay

Used

Sometimes it's fun to go along with them. Whatever happened to "MR" Stapler, anyway? That was a good turn-around! Who knows what fantasies we play into here even with long term members? Just gotta take things at face value sometimes and not be paranoid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

While I see the point you are making about new people joining and giving out little or no information

I stop and think !!!! That was me once upon a time. I had very little knowledge of the forum worked I was just glad to find this place
    I did not give out many details in the beginning.

There is no such thing as a stupid question either.
    There will always be someone who find the answer useful most often not always the person who asked it
    Just forget about the jackasses of this world and remember you are helping someone somewhere
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Because the female side of us just wants to help others.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I think it is not too hard to spot the perverts since they try to steer the discusion around their sexual fantasies. Real crossdressers have had a tough life full of guilt and shame and come across as very genuine in their point of view and interest in others.

Remember though the main forum is open to the general public anyway so anyone can see our private thoughts if we put them down. It is the price we pay for having an open supportive forum, much like free speech gives jerks the opportunity to bash anyone they want.

I have to reply to this one, you reply to most of mine First I do not have a picture because I do not know how to post a picture of me dressed up. New computer, I'm still learning

I have to agree with occdresser, I haven't posted picture due to being computer dumb. I just know the basics. I reply to some posts, but not many. Most posts that I would reply, evertthing that I would say has all ready been said.

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    I have to reply to this one, you reply to most of mine First I do not have a picture because I do not know how to post a picture of me dressed up. New computer, I'm still learning
    That's okay Hon, I don't have a problem with you. I'm technically challenged myself. It took me a while to get a cam and figure out how to do it also. I just take most things with a grain of salt and just wanted to put up a caveat for the occassional wick wacks. Most folks here are genuine like yourself. I just got thinking about it after Tekla mentioned "posers" yesterday on another thread. They are out there "hiding" in plain sight. I just wanted to let them know that we know it and that they are not fooling anyone. Just have to go by the clues and context I guess. I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from asking questions, especially if they are unsure of themselves or need help. Someone popped up the other day with a personal survey to go to another site and answer questions. As DT said, "what's in it for me?" When we answer legitimate questions, we gain friends and they gain insight and understanding. Don't however use the Forum to get a grade in a Thesis or try to personally sell me something using the guise of flattery or patronizing me cause I ain't gonna bite. We're here to help and support one another, not for personal gain. Ericka

I disagree

I'm not concerned about the small number of people who might use this forum for what you perceive as disingenuous reasons. Having dealt with the shame of crossdressing that we all have had to overcome, I see this forum as a lifeline for crossdressers of all kinds and at all stages of their personal struggles with self-acceptance.

I believe that the overwhelming number of threads and replies are sincere. And the diversity of opinions and feelings expressed here should be appreciated and welcomed.

Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    Hi Ericka Kay, I have to say the same as OCC said, but I am trying hard to learn how. I have started to post a little more and really enjoy it. Ericka, you think some of the post we get here are bad you should see some of the E-Mails I get and have to delete. I put my e-mail on my signature to hear from other CD's and talk about our way of life. Not for some of the stuff I get. I have learned a lot from you and the other girls. Thank You for being here.

I dont have a lot of posts at this forum, but its not my first go at being an online cd. Anytime you do anything online your at a worldwide podium so you go in with that info in mind. Its a good idea really to require minimal info from folks anyway as milage varies as to our individual risks of being outed. Myself, Im not interested in admirer types, but Im sympathetic to something thats that integral a part of ones personality and mental construct not being a choice but a compulsion.

Kimberley, Tell em what you think. Now be nice dear
    Tell tham! Be polite and your usual pleasant self.
    Kimberley: I'm so confused....

Now that the voices in my head have had their say....

People lurk. Nothing wrong with that. We'd prefer they joined but to each their own.
    People are shy. Nothing wrong with that but get over it. I did.
    People are misleading and deceptive: This is the internet, you expect total honesty?
    People use this place for their own nefarious personal amusement: We pick it up fairly quickly. We've seen it all before from some of our own trying to get into the GG forum to people posting sexual fantasy.

If some weenie get his jollies by stirring things up and not taking part it is his loss, not ours. We will go on and he will fade away.

Some of us (myself included) are less likely to be as skeptical but once these individuals are exposed we back off. I have a NEED to help others avoid the c**ppy life I have had with this. I have a need to help others in distress.

I dont too often divulge my true identity except to a few close "friends" here and for damned good reason. Those who do know of me I am sure are satisfied as to who I am and I am what I say. These people have the ability
    to write direct and in a few cases pick up the phone if they want.

Okay girls, is that okay?
    Barely. Could have been nicer but okay.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Very well put Kimberley. I want honest feelings, that's why I started the thread. It was basically me thinking out loud early this morning. We know the benefits out weigh the downside. It's a fact of life, however, that not everyone has our best interests in mind. Someone had contacted me a few weeks ago and seemed to be interested in meeting me.I gave them the benefit of the doubt and exchanged E-mails and pictures. We had established by all indications just how our meeting would go. I never heard from them again. I can't help but wonder if those pictures were used for nefarious purposes. It really didn't bother me but did piss me off somewhat, to be trusting and then get "dissed" like that. I'm a "big girl" and can handle that. I just wanted others to be aware of it, especially others who are bashful or closeted. We all tend to be trusting when we come here and that's the way it should be. I just don't want someone to get hurt by someone else who may be thoughtless or selfish. Forewarned is forearmed. We should enjoy ourselves but be careful, that's all.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 12-21-2006 at 10:01 AM.

I understand your feelings Ericka. I am new here, and from my viewpoint of things, I certainly am hesitant about divulging too much, at least until I establish a personality here. It takes time to build a certain amount of trust and it's a 2-way street. I can't expect the other girl to give out personal information if I am acting like an internet troll. We all have the desire to be accepted, to be liked by others, and sometimes that's the reason behind our willingness to let out sensitive information...often too prematurely!

I know it will take time before I am accepted, before I am trusted by the girls on this forum. I am OK with that. I am willing to pay my dues, so to speak, to put in the time and to build on what I have started.

We have a small plaque in our home here that says "It Takes A Long Time To Grow An Old Friend" and it's true! Rome wasn't built in a day, and patience has its own rewards!

Christine

Hmmmm....definately maybe....

But I really enjoy the one post wonders myself.....lots of comic relief...hehehe

Someone needs to compile a thread of them....kind of "Crossdressers Most Funniest Posts".... or "The Best Of......."

Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-21-2006 at 11:23 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree with you Ericka. You have to be a little suspicious of some of the threads that are started here. Doesn't really matter. It is MUCH more important to try and help someone that is asking for advice than to worry about one of the 'tiny brained' people just here to amuse themselves.

As far as posting a picture or personal information. I can understand the reluctance. I do for my own curiosity like to see a persons age and approximate part of the world their from. But of course it's not necessary.

We need to do what we have been doing help each other and have some fun with it there will always br Jerks in our world we con't stop helping good people so just let the jerks p--- off
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    In my case, I don't mind everyone knowing that I had my testicles removed and stuff like that because I'm anonymous here.

Say what you want, mean what you say!
    We never know who we're talking to either here or in the 'real' world, ask my SO!
    Keep the faith girls, Amanda

I, too, get a little suspicious when no information is given besides the name.
    But, hey, if they get off reading these comments, let them.

I enjoy the insights and tips I've read here. So I can understand some people who just like to read. There are some mighty interesting reading here.
    What I enjoy most of all is when I connect with someone. There are a few of you that I feel I have connected with and that makes all the difference.

I must be dreaming
    I can understand hesitance to participate in threads started by newbies. Being one myself, it takes a lot to put one out and one of my early ones burned me big time because I revealed too much. Not all of us can post photos for reasons that we must remain anonymous. I would love to be as free and open as so many are here. Because of the conflicts that I have, at times, I vow never to return again but keep coming back because I do need this outlet even if it gets painful sometimes. I cannot tell others who know me of these thoughts. I could be one of those folks trying to be a trouble maker for all you know. However, in my case you hear some stuff from me that NO ONE else in the universe except God hears.

Kay

see if the person is genuine or not

Yes, I agree with you. This site is really a "fantasy island" for a lot of us. Yes, I will include myself. I try to be as honest with my feelings as possible. I tell stories about myself and my experiences with the hope that others can either learn or see humor in them. I am here to learn and comment where I think I can help.

Yes, I was the jackass, in a former life, seeking out anyone different than myself to belittle and ridicule. These people are all around us, it is why so many of us are fearful of being found out…fearful of being our true selves.

Are they here? Yes, of course, they are. It is not something that will stop me from coming here. I have not completely filled out my profile because I feel that I have said enough about me that the members here know me by now. The jackass just passing by will not go to the trouble to read all of my posts but...they might read my profile, so I chose to not put the data there.

Remember that there are jackasses that can be trained! Jesus rode one, why not me?

Now I have said too much!

Have fun out there!