Thread: Question about breastforms

Question about breastforms

I would very much like a pair, but I would prefer to pay cash. So, if you don't buy breast forms online, where do you get them?

Thanks in advance,
    Christie

Hi,
    Try a medical store in your area that has breast prothesis. Get a good pair(s), it's well worth the investment.
    Huggs,
    Andi...
    Last edited by Andrea Nicole; 12-21-2006 at 03:40 PM.

The first pair of silicone forms I purchased were from Studio Lites in Denver, CO. The advantage of buying them in person was that I was able to try on several different sizes before deciding on which one to buy. Of course, I wanted several of them but my $ would only allow one pair.

Quote Originally Posted by christie View Post
    I would very much like a pair, but I would prefer to pay cash. So, if you don't buy breast forms online, where do you get them?

Thanks in advance,
    Christie
    Try Glamour Boutique in Auburn, Massachusetts, they are on the web, and they also have stores in LasVegas, and California, you can buy a money order, or a check from some drug stores, and they ship in plane brown wrapper so no one knows what is in the mail, good luck Charolette ,I purchased mine from them,

Why not buy them on line? I have purchased all of mine on line. If you would like to get ratings, PM me. w.

i purchase mine online infact im waiting for my first silicon ones to arrive i used the foam they give great shape and are light but have no weight or natural feel. thinking about the ones i purchased i do wonder if i should have got the adheasive ones but then you live and learn will try theses when they turn up and use them as a guide for the affect i want. us girls do worry about our looks dont we

i find ebay the best way to buy as it all goes through paypal so nothing nasty on my credit card lol
    it would be nice to be what you want
    but helps to be your self

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christie View Post
    I've just been researching a purchase, from a manufacturer that deals through local researchers. Their store locator is at
    http://thebreastcaresite.findlocation.com/

I plugged in a random Bloomington MN zip code and easily found 10 vendors of that brand in that area.

The particular brand (amoena) is higher end (especially if you want fancier forms); I didn't research to see what their lowest-cost items are. On the other hand, any local vendor that carries that brand likely carries other brands too.

Or as a first pass, check your yellow pages for "mascetomy"; that'd get you the more retail side. There may also be "medical products supply" places that carry the same thing but without the personal service.

try Dillards dept. store if you have one near, they have a nice pair for $50.00, will increase your breast size 1 1/2 to 2 cup sizes

Smile

Wow... I found 3 within 20-27 miles!
    Also found a large ad for Apple Discount Drugs that seem to be all around Maryland. Still within the same mileage!

I bought mine at a store that caters to crossdressers. I also tried on some bras with them and then a few skirts and tops. I bought the silicone breast forms, a skirt, a blouse, a couple pairs of panties and a few pairs of stay-up stockings. I didn't like the bras they had, very limited selection and the only one that fit was green. It was so much fun actually being able to try things on before buying them.

I did a search on the internet for crossdresser stores in the city I was going to and found one. Later I found a better one which is actually a TG club which has a store in it. They sell everything. Wildside, Toronto, Canada

Mascectomy shops are always good....phone first, the worst they could do is be rude (I've always found them absolutely wonderful).
    Otherwise..take that cash and buy a money order (banks, post office, wherever you get them there) and send it off to your favorite online store

Diane

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    The web site www.thebreastcaresite.com is owned by Amoena. So you'll only get information about the forms they make. That said, Amoena forms are excellent. Not inexpensive by any means, but worth the cost. Get the ones that are attachable if you can afford them. You may find them locally at surgical supply stores, lingerie shops, and mastectomy boutiques. I have had excellent experiences with both lingerie and mastectomy shops. Telephone ahead and ask if they would have any objections to fitting you. Never found one that did. Shop around. I found my Amoena attachable forms for the same price locally as I could find on any web site. Buying locally means that I could try different sizes and shapes to get the right ones. Also, no sales tax on medical supplies, and no shipping charges. Plus, if the fitter is good, and most are, you'll have the right forms to give a natural shape.

I can see no reason to buy from mail order, unless there is no local outlet in your area.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony