Thread: Hey, new here

Smile Hey, new here

Basically I just typed this whole thread and tried to send it, but something went wrong and it got deleted. So I'm very dissapointed. Here's my re-typed, shorter version of it:

Hey, I'm new here to the board. I am a FTM, and can relate to almost everything you guys say.

Especially pocoyo. This is creepy but I remember you once posted something similar to 'my friend say: you'd make a crap boy' Strangely, my friend said that EXACT same line. Word for word. No joke. Alot of other coincidences such as that. But maybe it's just cuz we have this one thing in common, who knows.

Just so this post is useful and not just me introducing myself, here's a survery and/or disscussion. The question is meant to be just a study, not meant to offend anyone, ok?

For FTM's...

If you like males do you lean towards feminine males, masculine males, or somewhere inbetween?

If you like females do you lean towards feminine females, masculine females, or a mixture?

Or do you like both genders?

Same question for MTFs actually.

I know that just cuz your trans doesn't make you like one gender over the other...but I am more curious about the style of the gender you like. The feminine, masculine or both. I'm just curious because I have always like really feminine men - shorter than me, slim, long hair, girly.

I am curious to see if FTM like more feminine men (if they like men). And maybe MTF like more masculine females (if they like females). And maybe there are some other patterns. I could be totally off key and discriminatory, but I'm just wondering. And then - if FTM do like more feminine men, it's sort of like the chicken or the egg question - did liking feminine men lead to their being trans? or did their being trans lead them to like feminine men.

So anyways, I'm glad to be on the forum you guys seem like a great group of people. I went through a time when I thought I was basically one of very very few like this, and I would never find anyone I could relate to. So it's good to know there are others.

Welcome Avery to the funny farm. Just joking. It's always nice when we get some new people to our little corner.

I really like your question. It made me think.
    I'm attracted to both men and women but, I tend to fancy men more. For women I would have to say I go for the more masculine type. In my experience the really feminine ones that I have had relationships with are too much trouble.
    As for guys it depends on the person. A great deal of the ones I am attracted to (this includes my husband) are more feminine but, I also go for the in between.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

GRRR we're both having posting problems. Could be because it's the middle of the night here... anyay repost.
    Hello and welcome! You've picked a wonderful cornder of the net to hang out it. Come in, sit down, and pick your favorite drink. I'm sure the rest of the guys will be along before too long to welcome you before too long.
    As to your survey... haha I'm a bad first respondent. I'm bisexual (hence the SN) and some sort of androgynous/trans/something...haven't really decided yet. But as for who I'm interested in, well it's all types. The interesting thing is, though, I tend to react accordingly. Right now I'm with a real gentlemanly type, likes to take care of me, and I find myself wanting to wear a skirt (GASP!) and get all emotional around him. Other times I want to be the man in the relationship, with a man or a woman, and be the caretaker. Still other times things are more neutral and even. So yeah, I dunno.
    I'm curious to see what the others respond, though. My friend has this theory that in a solid relationship each gender tends to average out. I'm interested to see if that holds true.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Hi Avery and a warm welcome to the board

In answer to your question which is a good one, I like women both masculine and feminine. I don't fancy men although I can appreciate their attractive qualities. I get on really well with effeminate men probably why my best friend at work is gay he's the best lol! Hope this helps xx Felix

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Hiya, and welcome!
    As to your questions. Hmmmm. Well, the one thing I can say for sure is that I like guys. Haha! As for the feminine/masculine business, well, I really don't know. I can definitely say I'm not into the super-macho jock-type tough guys, but I'm not into gay guys either (pity, eh?). I suppose I'm mostly into the in-between guys. Rough around the edges with a soft interior, I guess. I'm totally in love with Hugh Laurie (as you might have picked up on whilst reading through other threads) and I suppose he's somewhere in between-- he can be quite rough and tumble (he was a big, buff oarsman in his 20s) but he's, deep down, a very sweet, nice, gentlemanly guy. *shrugs*
    so, I really don't know, but if I ever do figure it out I'll be sure to tell ya!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Hello Avery and welcome!!!
    I'm glad you found this place

For FTM's...

If you like males do you lean towards feminine males, masculine males, or somewhere inbetween?
    I like feminine males/ Like you I like them to be girly and shorter than me, or about the same height as me.
    This is probably to help me feel more equal to them and less girly myself.
    That isn't the only type of guy I find attractive though but seems to be the kind I like most.

If you like females do you lean towards feminine females, masculine females, or a mixture?
    With a female body I would not want to be with a female, if I had transitioned though I think I would like to date ladylike young ladies (haha) what I mean is feminine but not blonde pink and fluffy. I don't think I would particularly like to date a hugely butch and masculine female (incase she outmanned me!) However an androgynous or tomboyish type of female (who resembled a feminine guy I suppose) would be pretty cool.

Or do you like both genders?
    As a girl, no. As a boy, probably.

I am curious to see if FTM like more feminine men (if they like men). And maybe MTF like more masculine females (if they like females). And maybe there are some other patterns.
    Hmm, I guess TGism could be a factor but probably not the overriding one. I mean yeah I like small girly men due to my TGism but I have a feeling I'd like that type anyway. Plus I also fancy a whole other range of people which has nothing to do with it.

I could be totally off key and discriminatory, but I'm just wondering. And then - if FTM do like more feminine men, it's sort of like the chicken or the egg question - did liking feminine men lead to their being trans? or did their being trans lead them to like feminine men.
    Lol! In my case I really don't think that the type of person I find attractive has affected my gender.

Cool questions

Nice to meet you
    pocoyo
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Heya, Avery. We can be new together, if you like, since I just started here within the past 10 days or so.

I like guys. How feminine or masculine they are isn't my first consideration. I look for interests and sense of humour first. Yeh, I like gay guys, but the ones I meet at bars lose interest the moment I tell them I'm trans. I need to start finding some venue where I can meet guys who aren't focused quite so narrowly on sex and p***ses.

Hi, Avery (nice name), and welcome! When I opened your thread, I knew I was going to need more coffee (still doped up from last night's sleep). So, the coffee is here, let's see how I do.

I'm attracted to men and transmen, although I have found some masculine women attractive - so I guess you could say I'm attracted to a masculine presentation. As for the type of men, I'm not sure . . . I guess the guys I'm most attracted to are somewhere in between, but I wouldn't rule out feminine men or more masculine ones. As long as they're respectful (not super-macho types) and aren't depending on me to define them or take care of them, it's all good. I hope that makes sense.

I don't think my being trans has anything to do with fancying men, and vice versa. That's just the way things have turned out for me, I guess. I'd be interested to hear the results of your polling. My guess is that there is no general answer, and everyone feels a bit different about these things.

We have a nice bunch of guys here: fun and supportive, so I hope you'll stick around. Here, have a drink . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

someone to move with me

Hi Avery Welcome to the group. I'm a Somewhat MTF but I loved your question and wanted to put in my two cents.

But first I must warn you, don't drink too much rum with these scallywags. They are the front men for Capt Lex's nafarious press gang They try to drink you under the table then its off to the ship and you wake uo a piriate bound to roam the seas, so watch your self. They are terrible men nothing but rum, plunder, and pilliage.

As to your question. I found my person so, male, female, others, doesn't even registar with me. What I wanted/Have is a person who can move with me. When I'm with them I move, my feelings, emotions, move. What I want to experience changes. In a short period of time I can move through masculin to feminin and back, then to somewhere in between, all in a short period of time. My partner moves, very comfortably to match where I am at and I end up feeling whole complete not just parts. What I want is a person who can move.

Well it's taken me a while to respond but here it is:

First, I meant to put 'do MTF like *masculine women*' but I was tired that night when I wrote that part. So sorry if that was confusing to anyone.

I know what you mean bi_weird (or at least I think I do), sometimes I just just want to get rid of gender, make everything and everyone a combination of both. By "my friend has this theory that in a solid relationship each gender tends to average out," do you mean each partner averages out or the two balance each other with their seperate traits?

I definatly agree, pocoyo. As a guy I think I'd like girls also, though I think I'd like more masculine girls for reasons unknown to me. Yah, I also have the feeling I like the people I like just because I like them but you never know.

And here's the results of a 'poll'...which...I didn't create so I'm just telling the general results here: which are that there is no pattern, except that the majority of people on this site seem to go for pretty neutral-gender people.

So...CaptLex, you were right about there being no pattern.

Thanks to the rest of you : ladymoonserpent, Felix, Abraxas, Dasein9, and ubokvt (I like your idea of being open to anyone, that's a good way to be) for replying.

Oh and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy(Merry?) Yule, Happy Winter, or Happy whatever you celebrate.

Aspiring Member

I'm MTF TG, primarily attracted to females. I like feminine and androgynous/tomboy (but not particularly masculine) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ubokvt View Post
    Hi Avery Welcome to the group. I'm a Somewhat MTF but I loved your question and wanted to put in my two cents.

But first I must warn you, don't drink too much rum with these scallywags. They are the front men for Capt Lex's nafarious press gang They try to drink you under the table then its off to the ship and you wake uo a piriate bound to roam the seas, so watch your self. They are terrible men nothing but rum, plunder, and pilliage.

As to your question. I found my person so, male, female, others, doesn't even registar with me. What I wanted/Have is a person who can move with me. When I'm with them I move, my feelings, emotions, move. What I want to experience changes. In a short period of time I can move through masculin to feminin and back, then to somewhere in between, all in a short period of time. My partner moves, very comfortably to match where I am at and I end up feeling whole complete not just parts. What I want is a person who can move.
    Hi Avery, and welcome. I agree with everything ubokvt said above -ESPECIALLY the part I highlighted in red. I hope you're not going to become one of the black pirates who are always leading us girls down temptation's path. Someone has to protect our virtues! (and it's not us obviously )
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Hi Avery, and welcome. I agree with everything ubokvt said above -ESPECIALLY the part I highlighted in red. I hope you're not going to become one of the black pirates who are always leading us girls down temptation's path. Someone has to protect our virtues! (and it's not us obviously )
    Maybe so Kerrianna, but Cap's boys are pussycats compared to the "Pinky pirates". I mean God help the guy who makes me break a nail in battle. Pillaging is one thing but don't mess with my "looks" buddy or tear my dress because you will be "toast". The Wench
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

LOL Ericka well I definately have a softer side to my nature! xx Felix

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Girlie girls

Well as a M2F I like the girlie girls, my wife is on top of the list

Need I say more...a girlie girl liking a girlie girl...