Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how far is too far

how far is too far

I set boundries with my dressing that protects my family, job, and community from knowing anything about Darlene. However, everytime I am feeling really good about being Darlene the urge hits to step out in public.

There I go sneaking a dress and drive to do something trivial, even though if I were to hit a deer and the police came I would be all over the papers the next morning. So many of us do it here but I just don't want to risk what is stable in my life. I am at a crossroads, how can I be the girl I want to be without mucking everything up everywhere else. We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town. Then we can all take trips there and live it up like the girls that we are. Ahhhhhh if only.

Luv You Girls

Dar
    Last edited by DarleneCD; 12-24-2006 at 03:04 AM.

With the concerns that you have, which are very valid, I think your right in leaving things as they are, at least for now.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Hi Darlene. Myself I'm to well know so I drive North to the next city where I have friends. The rest is a history unfolding at the moment.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    I too can relate. I am in a position of being well known, and if outed I would suffer great consequences. But I am also feeling couped up as of late and cant seem to help doing things that are very risky ( going for a pedi, wearing my femme boots in drab, etc). Anyway, When are we going to put CD town USA together? Im all in.
    Erika Leigh

We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town. Then we can all take trips there and live it up like the girls that we are. Ahhhhhh if only.
    Could I go Deer Hunting there?

Im in the same boat Darlene, must protect the loved ones 1st.

Smile

CD Town! Yea! Let's see... It'll have to have lots of dress shops, and of course housing for all that would come... That could be a problem being that we are a growing population, but hey that's what expansion is for.
    Have we got an architect here? Let's build a town!

If there is deer huntint I'm in
    Angie

how far is to far

Hi Darlene, I know exactly what you mean, I too am in the same boat. The town thing seems like a real good idea, count me in as well and also count on me Just think of the possiblities, "no more sneaking around, wearing what we want, going out all the time with everyone in town etc etc". Just tkinking about it is giving me goose bumps.

BonnieAnne
    "to thine own self be true"

Just be very careful, but I really dought that they would put it in the papers that you a crossdresser hit a deer. You just have to be real careful. You may come in contact with people, I guess it depends on how you react how they react.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Darlene
    Is there is a city nearby where you can go and *get lost* so to speak?

If not, consider planning a weekend get away the next time a cd convention comes up out of town.

I mean, if your wife is aware {although you did not state that}, I am sure she would much rather you be out of your immediate area and dress than take a chance driving in your town and having something like you think about happen.

I dont' think there is anything wrong with going out, but planning and thinking in advance will usually work better than a spontaneous trip.

push the envelope

I always say if there is a will there is a way. You can try attending a cross dresser convention (in a town far far away), or take cross dressing vacations. I view my cross dressing as a hobby, and I have fun with it. I think of it as a gift not a burden. Enjoy your "gift".

Take care
    Lisa

May I name your "DREAM TOWN" as " OUR WONDERLAND"
    Rain

I'm also at the cross road ,in the same boat,have the same wishes,I'm a well known CD,you won't believe how much troubles you would face unless you decided go ahead no matter how,problem is I have not got into that level yet Make up your mind to go ahead ,stay in the present stage or quits asap.
    Otherwise,don't be crossing the road in the crossing rain .
    Rain.

Banned Read only
    oh no, a CD town wont be fun. then none of use would be special !!! .

hey dar
    why don't you come up here. i will take you out. who knows you this side of the border? anyone. if thats too fer then i agree why not travel out of town get a room and paint the town red
    hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where ever CD town is established, it will have to be near crossroads; we're always at a crossroad! It will also have to be on a lake; we are always in the same boat. And of course, it will have to have a creek running through it;
    how could we get up it without a paddle. To my of thinking it should have no city limits; we've been limited far too long!

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

just a thought Darlene: http://fantasiafair.org/home/index.htm

P-Town may just be the most tolerant town on the planet.
    not too far from NJ either.

The gays tried this with Lake Alpine in California in the seventies. It didn't fly, we have to be brave enough to blaze new trails for future generations by coming out wherever we live. That said, it is true many of the older cd's have invested in a life for decades that would seem impossible to damage given the current social opinion. I guess it is up to the younger cd's primarily, to swallow their fears, come out into public, and demand their rights. Sooner or later someone is going to have to, because we are NOT going to go away...
    Oh well, Merry Xmas, and Viva La Transgendered!

Quote Originally Posted by DarleneCD View Post
    I set boundries with my dressing that protects my family, job, and community from knowing anything about Darlene. However, everytime I am feeling really good about being Darlene the urge hits to step out in public.

There I go sneaking a dress and drive to do something trivial, even though if I were to hit a deer and the police came I would be all over the papers the next morning. So many of us do it here but I just don't want to risk what is stable in my life. I am at a crossroads, how can I be the girl I want to be without mucking everything up everywhere else. We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town. Then we can all take trips there and live it up like the girls that we are. Ahhhhhh if only.

Luv You Girls

Dar
    Wow - if you figure it out please let me know!
    I am not ashamed of being TG, but I wouldn't consider letting most people know about because I can't risk loosing my job, or having my children picked on. I have no idea how to draw the line between what we all WANT to do and what we SHOULD do.

Kim (every bit as confused as you)

Once I cross the county line most any city is CD Town. If I lived in a real CD Town I would really stand out. I'd be the one wearing jeans and a flannel shirt.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Wow - if you figure it out please let me know!
    I am not ashamed of being TG, but I wouldn't consider letting most people know about because I can't risk loosing my job, or having my children picked on. I have no idea how to draw the line between what we all WANT to do and what we SHOULD do.

Kim (every bit as confused as you)
    Kim, I look at your avatar... And I really wonder just how you can have another part as a guy! You don't do you? As good as you look, how do you pass for a guy, really.
    Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    hey dar
    why don't you come up here. i will take you out. who knows you this side of the border? anyone. if thats too fer then i agree why not travel out of town get a room and paint the town red
    hugs Marissa
    Thanks Marissa. You never know I make take you up on that sometime.
    It seems that leaviing town to be Darlene is the only choice for me at this point. Thats ok, I like traveling.

Still would like to visit CD town though.......

Thanks again

Dar

Quote Originally Posted by DarleneCD View Post
    We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town.
    Good plan... anyone got a batallion of tanks and a spare few thousand soldiers?

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    Kim, I look at your avatar... And I really wonder just how you can have another part as a guy! You don't do you? As good as you look, how do you pass for a guy, really.
    Merry Christmas!
    Marie,

Thank you, but . . .
    What you DON'T see when you look at the pictures I share, is the 90% that I discarded with a shudder because they made it very clear I was a guy in a dress. It's only the very small percentage of pics, where the moon and the stars have all aligned in some miracle, that look good enough for me to be willing to share them.

Kim (The vain and fussy)

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Wink

You girls have no idea what its like here, well maybe one ....but if we want to really go out and "relax" you're looking at atleast an hour drive north or northwest to either C'town or L'ton...

my wife and I have ventured out in the evening though for drives and some reckless window shopping...

We are planning to try Atlanta for the Southern Comfort Convention this year though