Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying on Clothes

Bra Lover

Trying on Clothes

Do any of you girls ever try on womans clothes at places such as Wal-Mart? I am too scared to try it at Wal-Mart. They usually have old ladies manning the fitting rooms. Don't want them to freak out and possibly cause a scene. I tend to go for unmanned fitting rooms. There usually isn't anybody at the K-Mart fitting rooms and I like the Meijer fitting rooms as well. Oh and Kohls is excellent. People leave the clothes they try on right in the fitting rooms as posted. So once in a while I find a nice ladies sweater or something in there and try it on.

Sarah

I've managed to sneak into a couple of fitting rooms with my wife. Hecht's and Macy's (I think).
    DonnaT

Platinum Member
    some of the shops that are good are were the sales girls are on commision ............
    thay will even get the next size for you..............off hours are good to go.........

Our JC Penney's stores here don't monitor either, no cameras, no attendants. I've tried on lotsa women's clothes there...take them in the fitting room along with some men's drab wear on top to conceal them.

Regrettably, I take my chances, buy it, try it on at home, then if it doesn't fit, return it right away, but that does not work for panties and bras - final sale only, like usual.
    XOXO,

Racheal

I was in a Fred Meyer's ,(a west coast chain), last Sunday. A trick I learned from a CD girlfriend of mine, was to take the item's you want to try on, to the men's fitting rooms. Much less stress, and no one seemed to pay attention.

I just tried Victorias Secret and the little sales girl asked if I wanted to try them on she even came in to measure me for a 2nd skin bra what luck LOL she asked if I liked what I was doing and I asked her what did she think I was doing and she said you are acrossdresser aren't you? what could I say and she said OOOOOOOOH to bad you are not more my age we could really have some fun and i asked what kind of fun and she said I could be her life sized Barbie. Where was she 30 years ago.LOL
    Well thats it for tring on clothes and yes sears is another one without attendants.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Georgette, you lucky girl you - WOW, now that's a story. Maybe someday, we'll have one like that. Hmmm...
    XOXO,

Racheal

It's bigger on the inside alba68's Avatar
    Never tried yet but tempted.
    Take care.
    [size=5]Alba.[/size]
    I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to!

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Yes, go someplay out of town if you are worried about bumping in to someone you know, but I recently had a wonderful experience with someone who enjoyed spending her time dressing me up!

It all depends upon my frame of mind. My experience, and I can see from this forum, is that a lot of us seem to go through cycles. From September through end of December, I shaved everything every day. Haven't shaved even my legs now for two weeks. bought over a thousand dollars worth of clothes and footwear in October. Haven't bought anything in 2005. Anyway, when I was on the 'high' side of the cycle, I tried on bras, tops, jeans, etc. at WalMart, Zellers (Target in USA), Value Village, Salvation Army and Winners (a factory liquidation store). If you are not looking for the surge of adventure, it is easier to buy something, ensure that it is returnable, and check it at home. I have had some interesting experiences at changing rooms, usually with more 'startled' responses from younger attendants. My GF has me buy her lingerie, because she knows that I enjoy checking out with nice sexy underwear. wenda.

I have never tried anything out, Haven't found the right size balls yet. Maybe some day. I have been lucky when buying, cause everything that I have bought has fit.

Rikki

trying on clothes

I was out shopping the other night . I found a very nice ultra low cut waisted jeans at Gap. Never any hassles or problems . At a sale price of 19.00 who really cares . Its all a frame of mind

dressing

I have managed to find three stores where they cater to crossdressers. my favorate is one owned by an older women who takes great pleasure in picking things for me. she has clothes, shoes and sexy underthings. I show up in boy close, with panties and hose under and have a great time. she fitted me for corrset...that was fun. one other is a shoe store which caters again to cd's. The owners again r awesome, they have change room and i get to try on my outfits with shoes. nothing like modeling a little frenchmaids outfit in 6" pumps or a little red coctail dress with 5" open toed strappy's as owners and SO comment

last one is high end adult store which focuses on girly things for "bigger" girls. again people who work there seem to like dressing me.....however as a very submissive cd, the two girls there do end up putting me into alot of frilly things and seem to have fun with me once dressed

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Exclamation Panic! Stuck Zipper!

I was in a used clothing store in the U District, North of Seattle. I was trying on a dress there and the zipper got stuck!

I couldn't slide it down over my hips or over my shoulders... I tried every which way to move it up and down to the stuck point, but no luck.

Great I can hear it now, how embarrasing, "Can anyone out there come take a look at this guy stuck in a cute dress?"

Luckily I had my Leatherman (tm) pocket knife with me, and carefully pried the zipper jaws open a little and that did the trick...

Whew!

In Seattle there are a few used clothing stores that focus on retro style. One is called 'Red Light' and has costumes and clothing by era, i.e. 60', 70's, 80's, etc.

First time I was there, I was going through the dress section and the attendant asked me if I wanted to try anything on! I was speechless!

Later visits I got the courage to do so, and now try on everything before I buy... Trying stuff on also helps me decide if I really want something. I mean, it may look great on the rack, but after trying it on, the desire to own it is gone. Other stuff looks awful on the rack, but looked great on me!

I feel more comfortable trying on stuff in more private dressing rooms. So, there are a few stores I try stuff on in, but others, I wouldn't dare. Not just for my own peace, but so I don't make other customers or owners feel uncomfortable...

I've become quite good at picking the right sizes these days. Though, at the beginning, I had to toss about 50% of my stuff out because it was way too small...
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

I am absolutely frightened at the idea of trying anything on in a store. One of these days I hope to get up the courage to go to Nordstroms to buy some bras and have the women help me. But I'm not there yet.

I once tried on some dresses in a thrift store, but I no longer buy from thrift stores. Since my wife has given the green light on crossdressing openly in our house, I no longer have the need to "hide" my purchases. Although ocassionally one can find a good buy in a thrift store.

I've never had the guts to try anything on, always seem to be tons of people around. I do as someone here suggested a while back. Carry a string that I use as a measure. Hold the clothing up, and measure it with the piece of string. I have a red mark for waist, blue for hips, and green for bust. Haven't missed my size yet with this method. Thanks to whomever it was that suggested this. Huggs, Bonnie
    Lord, the money we do spend on government, and it's not one bit better than the government we got for 1/3 the price 20 years ago. Will Rogers, 1879-1935

Ava

What a terrifying incident. I would have had a heart attack. Thank God for the leatherman. I guess I better start carrying mine again. Never know when you may need it. Huggs, Bonnie
    Lord, the money we do spend on government, and it's not one bit better than the government we got for 1/3 the price 20 years ago. Will Rogers, 1879-1935

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Talking Great idea!

Wow! Great idea with the string! I'm going to do that! Thanks for sharing it.

I think I'll use pink/mauve/periwinkle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie-OR
    I've never had the guts to try anything on, always seem to be tons of people around. I do as someone here suggested a while back. Carry a string that I use as a measure. Hold the clothing up, and measure it with the piece of string. I have a red mark for waist, blue for hips, and green for bust. Haven't missed my size yet with this method. Thanks to whomever it was that suggested this. Huggs, Bonnie
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie-OR
    You're welcome Bonnie. Glad it worked as well for you as it did Biddy!

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4527
    DonnaT

I know that stuck zipper must have almost given you a heart attack Ava.

I use to do it on purpose when I was a teen. I would break off the zipper pull once it was all the way up. I was hoping, consciously, that I couldn't get out of the dress and have to get my mom to help. But, alas, I guess I had some Houdini in me, as I always managed to get out.
    DonnaT

I don't want to hijack this thread, but that is an interesting post, Donna. I almost started a thread the other day to talk about wanting to get caught ...

When I was younger and more convincing I loved going round clothes shops trying on lots of outfits dressed girly.
    I would never try on girly stuff while out as a man ( But many times I wish I could ), just don't have the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by sherribicd
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but that is an interesting post, Donna. I almost started a thread the other day to talk about wanting to get caught ...
    Well squint at that needle an start that thread!
    DonnaT

Thank You Donna

Yep, works great, After my plastic recovers from Christmas, it'll work great some more. BTW, how is the weather affecting you? Hear some rough stuff out there. I was stationed in Yorktown for 5 years. Love the area, but humid as HELL in the summer. Huggs, Bonnie