Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confidence broken by friend.

Betrayed

I would feel betrayed too, it was a secret.

Maybe she just wanted to keep the chat going and had nothing juicy to say, women chatting will do that.

Men say ~7,000 words a day, women ~20,000 , it appears that there endofings release in women’s blood stream when they talk, that bring them pleasure.

I would let her know it was wrong and start to worry about the other women !

Remember once you open a can of worms you will need a can twice as big to get those little buggers back in.

All the best.

Hugs

JudyK

It's great to hear that things are on the mend, Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSkirt View Post
    Robin, your a very astute observer . Yes we have been more and have been working on the relationship, but it's been a long road that didn't need yet another detour.
    I seem to have more than my usual supply of feminine intuition ATM, probably from spending so much time en femme lately. My feeling is that you won't get any major repercussions from this other woman knowing about your CDing. But you & your friend have learned a valuable lesson about each other. Everybody makes mistakes; what really matters is how we deal with them.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I know how you feel. I had someone tell of my crossdressing in a malicious attempt to hurt me, and it worked. The thing is I keep finding out the people that know about me and even though this happend a while ago, it still hurts all over again. Not too long ago she even tried to use it against me again, this time I let it be known that she already let everyone know, and it can't be used against me. I also let it be known that I no longer care who knows about me, cause the most important people to me already know. It felt pretty good to take that power from her, and now I am at a point in my life where I don't care who knows about my crossdressing. While I don't go around advertising it, I do not deny it, it is who I am. I am not going to change who I am for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    Everybody makes mistakes; what really matters is how we deal with them.

Robin
    Very good quote, saw an Outer limits TV show the other day and the end said almost that.

The mistakes we make in life are not as important as the lessons we draw from them.

I have a GG friend who also told a friend, although she denies it I just know she did.....intuition. When I saw the other woman recently I could tell, I'm pretty sensitive to how o ther people are feeling.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

As it is right now, I feel pretty good about things. We've done a lot of talking and continue to talk more, and it's good.

I also think this might be the beginning of coming out to people. That scares me and, at the same time I find it exhilarating. It must feel very liberating to not have this as a secret, and not fear it anymore.

It will all take a lot of time, but life is a journey.

A journey of 1000 miles begin's with the first step. I feel I've taken that step for the first time in my life, and I'm very glad I have you all for support.

Thanks again.

Michelle.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Hi Shortskirt

I am really sorry this happened to you. I would not even presume to advise you on what to do. I hope you will not suffer too much undue stress. A betrayal of confidence is one of the most grievous wrongs.

I hate to see this happen to people.

hugs
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I'm glad you found support here Michelle. You were obviously very traumatized by this event. Your attitude now is very positive - I think you've handled this very well. You're right. It may be the first step on a journey you need to make. Things seem to happen for a reason - sometimes the hard part is figuring out why.

It's nice to know we can help each other
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlalice View Post
    There is an old rule of thumb that the chances of a secret being blown is equal to the square of the number of people who know it. Equally, as others have said here, there is no such thing as being a "little" out - sort of like being pregnant - you either are or you aren't. There is only one thing you can do at this point - accept that others know and move on with your life. Good luck kid and hang in there.
    Little pregnant, you hit the nail on the head, I'm a "Little Out" would be an understatement. Going out 2-3 nights a week and out with my Girlfriend all over the NY / NJ / PA area, Day and Night, sooner or later I would run into someone I know. I have a good friend, who I know has trouble keeping a secret, and a bit of a snoop. I hate to keep things from her and I am less of afraid being outed, as Kristen has become a very large part of who I am. I don’t know what I fear more her knowing or letting her loose in my closet, for she is already wearing some of my hand me downs, she just thinks they are from another of my friends.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I guess that is why we are so reluctant to take that step out of the closet, even with our wifes and best friends. I told my wife 2 years ago. She was very stressed and she told her mother. Her mother was very close to her twin sister at the time. Telling anything to the sister might as well be posting it in the newspaper. She couldn't keep a secret if her life depended on it. The twin sister lives next door to my fathers friend.

So how many people really know that I crossdress?

Potentially
    Wife =1
    Mother = 1
    Sister = 1,287,968,245
    Friend = 1
    Father = 1 really bad one

Possible Total = 1,287,968,249

I haven't heard any flack from any of the people that I know. So if they know they aren't telling me.

Kinda scary though.
    Last edited by Raychel; 12-30-2006 at 08:23 AM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

betrayal

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Morgan View Post
    When you told your "friend", you gave away ownership of your secret. It shouldn't be that way but it is. When she told your secret, she gave away your friendship. Very sad whether intentional or not. If you choose to go to war over this, you risk her telling many others out of spite. At this point, you already run the risk that her friend will tell others. I cannot tell you what you should do, this is one of those "lesser of evils" kinda issues, but I would express strongly my disappointment and make my feelings clear without inflaming the situation. All you can do is hope for the best, whatever that is.