Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Analogy

And yes, I am a Trekkie (don't call me a trekker!) from the first episode onwards. I have a Shatner autograph from 1968 before he was really famous and have a personalized liscence plate for my car that is a star trek word. My daughter has made the red miniskirt suit from classic trek so I suspect the pattern is around here somewhere. Now what should I wear for next halloween?

Sally

Ok guilty Im a trekkie; I have every show, original, new gen, deep space nine and voyager, have not gotten any of the star trek entrerprise shows yet ( not sure if there out yet ) also have plates hanging on my wall of Original, new gen, an deep space nine, main char's. and I have signed pic's from an event I went to of Warf, Diana Troy, an Sulu.
    ok Ill stop bragging now
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

happy to be here

Cross Reference

Rachael,

I think that there is merit to your analogy. Perhaps, for some, there is also confusion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Yep! I'm a Trekkie, and I've always wanted one of those little red dresses too!lol

Kim
    And how !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    yes I am a crossdressing trekkie always wanted one of those little red star trek dresses
    Well you could try here but there sold out for now... http://www.costumecraze.com/ST02R.ht...3d05ef5c145218

Kim

1950's TV Fan. The Tube Silly !

Trivia: So there was this character in the sixties version TV show. I only saw him once. He was called "Tremain" he could alter his surroundings at will and preferred earth Victorian times. He and Kirk did fight a sword duel. The actor had jet black hair, looked kinda Italian and was about thirty five at the time of the episode. There is a thread with this character pictured in it. He was dressed in a bright blue waist coat. The thread was called "Monti Phaethon meets Star Trek (video)?" I want the stage name of the actor. Much appreciate any help on this.

I think it was William Campbell, Joy. I think he also played a Klingon in "The trouble with tribbles". Last I saw him, he was playing a judge on the Matlock series , I believe.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    I think it was William Campbell, Joy.
    That's him alright. The episode is "The Squire Of Gothos" if that helps any.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Wow, what's up with us girls ???? We are the best there is.... male, female and trekkies too!!!! I not sure if I want to be like Troi or be with Troi, "Make is so" Number one!! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I'm old enough to have watched the original series when it was first broadcast (in B&W here in Oz). Mr Spock was a bit of a guru to me, too, until I realized how logically inconsistent his character was. I really wanted one of those 3D chess sets.

I guess I'm a fan, but I don't think of myself as a Trekie. I've seen all the original series episodes several times, but not all the STNG or Voyager eps. Or all the movies. I don't have any memorabilia, but I have read several ST books.

Nurse Chapel was a babe. But my favourite ST woman is without doubt Jadzia Dax. Who was a bit TG, if you think about it.

Deanna Troi was hot, but I like her Mum's personality better. Remember that episode when she & Odo got trapped in a lift overnight? I wonder what happened.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Another trekkie here, but I wanted to be or to have Yeoman Janice Rand. Have any of you trekkies gotten yourselves hooked on the Firefly series like I have? Hugs, Kathy.

Enterprise

Former closet 'Trekky", turned T-Girl, " Readings Mr. Spok ? " , seems to be pure energy, facinating!!!!!!!!!, Sierra's web,
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Okay, I loved the little red dresses, and the little blue dresses (STNG) that Deanna sometimes wore, but I cannot pull off a seven of nine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    I think it was William Campbell, Joy. I think he also played a Klingon in "The trouble with tribbles". Last I saw him, he was playing a judge on the Matlock series , I believe.
    God Erica your the brain ! Thanks. I like to get on a tear about famous people and actors and track down all I can about them via the net. This one did stump me. Mr Campbell played in a late 1950's TV drama about two truck drivers. "Cannon Ball" was the shows name but the lead actor I don't know. Any guesses ?

I have seen all 79 original episodes at least once, own the first seven movies on VHS, and always wanted to look like Counselor Deanna Troi. Does that make me a Trekkie and a crossdresser? Guilty as charged!

I am not disappionted that I have not seen the end of the Tressaurian episode. I am disappointed that my DSL is not fast enough to allow me to watch it but that all will change next week. My upgrade is already in the works.

Lest we all forget , the symbiotes in DS9 could change their "sex" when they got a new host. Ericka

Smile A crossdresser and a Trekkie

Guilty as charged.Funny how many of us are into sci-fi in general.-Angela. :GE:

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Wow! Open the gates and the water come flooding

Mind you in Star Trek's 'prefect world' nobody would care if Captain Kirk wore Uhura's little red dress

I still have to get myself one of those dresses my new boots would go great with that little red dress

If I could fill a star trek uniform like Gerry Ryan, you could beam me anywhere!

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

I'd say we're more like Furries than Trekkies.

Most average people are very familiar with the concept of the Trekkie. Furries on the other hand are still a mystery to most people, much like us.
    Hail Satin!

Aspiring Member

Yes Yes we all know!

To boldly go wheree few men have dared to go.

Most of us know by now that Kirk knew what where and how it was to be female having gone through that in the last original ep himself he could have givien up being Kirk and become someone else entirely indeed who know's where that might have lead.

And yeah i am with you although i have yet to purchase one of those oh so cute original star trek dresses have wanted one for a very long time one of these day's I will get one maybe soon I vote for a blue one myself science becasue then you could furhter research how to change people sees in the future and why not surely by then becoming male and or female wil be no big deal at all

it will be a normal thing

Oh well may The Doctor can shed some light onm that since he can travel anywhere in space and time and just maybe bring back some form of reasoning from the future and or the past how ever it just might work out is fine with me.

Short of being the doctor himself i would love to be one of his female companions..

And travel with him on the Tardis

Suzy!

The concept of the transporter is fascinating indeed(as Spock would say). I remember in one of the episodes in the Saturday morning cartoon series, Robert April (the original Captain of the Enterprise) and his wife had to restore the members of the crew to their proper ages. They realized that the pattern buffers contained the program for them when they were younger. They were briefly tempted to return to their youth in this way but decided against it as they had lived a good life. Following this idea, it would be very easy to insert the appropriate data to change one's sex when re-assembled. This idea was never utilized in any episode that I'm aware of. It would make for an interesting story at least. Too bad this is just Science Fiction, or is it? Many of the original devices that were "fake" in the original series are now a fact of every day life. Makes you wonder sometimes, no?Energize!

Quote Originally Posted by susandrea View Post
    The Star Trek episode "Turnabout Intruder" has Captain Kirk's personality swapped with that of a woman, and he's in her body for most of the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder

The set crew's nickname for this show was "Captain Kirk, Space Queen."

And here is a pic of the woman he got to inhabit:

One of my favorites for obvious reasons. Now if I could only find that darn machine . . .
    Kim

I'm not a trekkie, although I do like the original series and would love to be a female member of the crew but I think you're underestimating the # of GG trekkies. Maybe they aren't all out of the closet but I've come across quite a few of them.