Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Analogy

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar

An Analogy

Being a newbie here, I've been reading a lot of threads and posted a few replies.

Thinking about all this a thought struck...........

Crossdressers and Trekkies are similar in many ways.

1st - It's seems that it is mainly the male of the species that indulge in the past time/hobby/lifestyle.

2nd - It's socially unacceptable to be either a crossdresser or trekkie, at this point I am not which less acceptable.

3rd - Both involve or can involve dressing for the part

4th - There seems to be a wide spectrum of the degree of involvement to both crossdressing and trekkies. For example, some crossdressers may find the simlpe enjoyment of wearing lingerie can fulfill their needs while others its 24/7 fully dressed. As with trekkies its can be the odd DVD here and there or its total commitment to all things star trek.

5th - There seems to be an equal reaction from SOs/gfs/wives in the acception/rejection side.

6th - It can become an obession for some.

Like I said it was just a thought, a bit of a light hearted look at life
    And before anyone asks yes I am a crossdressing trekkie always wanted one of those little red star trek dresses

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    And before anyone asks yes I am a crossdressing trekkie always wanted one of those little red star trek dresses
    Can't say the analogy works for me, but it's way cool you're getting your passions dancing together!

Being a newbie here, I've been reading a lot of threads and posted a few replies.

Thinking about all this a thought struck...........

1st - It's seems that it is mainly the male of the species that indulge in the past time/hobby/lifestyle.

2nd - It's socially unacceptable to be either a crossdresser or trekkie, at this point I am not which less acceptable.

4th - There seems to be a wide spectrum of the degree of involvement to both crossdressing and trekkies. For example, some crossdressers may find the simlpe enjoyment of wearing lingerie can fulfill their needs while others its 24/7 fully dressed. As with trekkies its can be the odd DVD here and there or its total commitment to all things star trek.

5th - There seems to be an equal reaction from SOs/gfs/wives in the acception/rejection side.

Like I said it was just a thought, a bit of a light hearted look at life
    Yep! I'm a Trekkie, and I've always wanted one of those little red dresses too!lol

Kim

Guilty as charged Hon. I have only one thing to say about that:"Ahead warp factor 10 and engage! Ericka
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    LOL That's pretty good Rachael. May I add one more?

7th - There is an abnormally high number of self-professed geeks and nerds among the members. (OK, "abnormally" isn't the word. What word means the number is significantly higher than what they represent in the standard population?)
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Smile

Yea, All I've been able to find reasonable priced is a red Next Gen blouse.

I love Star Trek....and STNG....and even better Stargate SG-1....more when Richard Dean Anderson was there....... And my wife says I obssess over lots of things.......Stock Market....my Blackberry....My new Radio Shack Pro-97 scanner....dressing like a girl...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar

Fascinating

I'm also a trekkie, come to think of it, when I was single I had to hide that almost as much as my crossdressing from women I dated. Definetly liked the orginal series better, but only because of the female uniforms. Jocelyn

I traded being a trekkie for being a crossdresser.

Hi,
    I'm an engineer...retired now, but am a trekkie. I would love to have the short outfit and boots Ohura wore on the original series, or that baloney skin jumpsuit 7 of 9 wore on Voyager. Sorta have one outfit like that...
    Huggs,
    Andi....

Think of it as a "New" Star Trek (the original series)

OK Folks,

This is probably sharing more information than I should, but I helped with the creation of this fan film. I'm willing to brag about what I did by PM but don't want say much in the public area as it would be putting just a bit too much info out there for people to stumble across.

Follow the links for "The Tressaurian Intersection" then watch the segments. It follows the journey of another star ship (Exeter) during Kirks time.

http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/

Fair warning, the last segment is not complete so your going to be annoyed when you discover that you can't yet see how it ends!

Kim (The Trekkie)

Trekkie SO

OK, I'm the Trekkie in our family. Even got the paperback short stories published from the scripts of the original series.

If you want the little red dress, check out The Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas. They had the uniform shirts and dresses in the gift shop last time I was there.

Beam me up, Scotty.
    Last edited by Tree GG; 12-28-2006 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarify

I am both a Trekkie and a Nerd LOL, since I am a software engineer. Going to CES in Jan 2007, which is Nerd Navda and have meet some of the orginal Trek crew.

I agree with most of it, but . . .

I'm really not sure about this one - I know an awful lot of female trekkies and female crossdressers. They may not make up the majority of trekkies or crossdressers, but definitely a large percentage (IMO).

You forgot to mention friends. My friends don't get my Trekkin' ways . . . but they assure me they love me anyway.

I don't think there are any Trek costumes I'm particularly fond of, but you couldn't pay me to wear a Romulan suit - those shoulder pads are sooooo 80's.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPOCK: The way you are dressed is illogical Captain.

KIRK: You don't like it? Red stockings...pink high heels....red satin bra and pink panties?.....It's called crossdressing, Spock.

BONES: It's crossdressing Jim...but not as we know it.

Hup, I'm guilty. I what I would give to be 7 of 9. wow.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    but you couldn't pay me to wear a Romulan suit - those shoulder pads are sooooo 80's.
    Ahh, that explains Michael Jackson, in his thriller days with the red suit...always thought he was Extra-Terrestrial.

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am probably the only one here posting that is not! a star trek fan , but that little red dress sounds like something I would enjoy wearing

What would Spock wear? Would he pierce his ears?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    StarTrek wannabe fantasies:

TOS: I grew up from 11 to 14 with Spock as My Guru. Awesome for my grades, hell on emotional life. PLUS, I had an accident at age 17 and absolutely can cause only one eyebrow to raise as I say (with dubious reservation) "Interesting."

Now I wannabe Captain Kirk - I got the voice and rhythm down pat.

If I had to pick a girl, it would be Majel Barratt(sp?), a.k.a. Nurse Chapel. One of the few cold 'Doms' that I can get into. (seeing as how she has dominated Rodenberry's Legacy).

DS9: Totally dig the earrings that the Bejorans wear - and the guys are so wonderfuly androgynous - come to think of it, so was Keira. I wannabe Bejoran !

STV: The guy and girl in me are unanimous about wannabe-ing Seven of Nine. Though physically I'd probably do better as "Captain Kate."

TNG: Since I lost 120 lbs, and shaved my head, I just love saying "Tea, Earl Grey....Hot!" Wannabe Jon-Luc Picard. But I get all ga-ga when I think about doing dressup as the Betazoid Counselor Deanna Troi - Now that's a Gal I wannabe - lush AND empathetic ! Being her might be what it takes to develop a yen for Jonathan Frakes! It is everything I can to to have empathy for Data and NOT want to be him (still recovering from over my teen-age Spock discipleship).

TMI? Oops!.....outed again !

The Star Trek episode "Turnabout Intruder" has Captain Kirk's personality swapped with that of a woman, and he's in her body for most of the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder

The set crew's nickname for this show was "Captain Kirk, Space Queen."

And here is a pic of the woman he got to inhabit:

....we are all made of stardust

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Ooooh...me too!!! Bring on those little short red dresses! I love STNG best, I love Counselor Deanna Troi and Doctor Beverly Crusher
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I dunno if I'd want one of the red dresses, but I'd love to have that blue dress /hose/heels Troi would wear on TNG.
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

I would love one of those litle red dress's. "Beam Me Up Scotty"

7th - The Internet has helped both florish with millions of sites catering to each of them, without the general public even being aware of either.

8th - Either you have a good sense of humor about it, or you think you’re crazy

9th - Both Crossdressers and Trekkies started when they were kids and refuse to give it up and "grow up".

10th - Both have involved some pretty sexy clothes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sally24; 12-28-2006 at 09:21 PM. Reason: font size wrong