Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving In Heels

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    I notice that when I'm driving wearing heels I drive 10 to 15 MPH slower than when I wear flats or my male shoes. Also the higher the heel the slower I go. Does this happen to you when you drive? It's not like I'm trying to go slow I just do.
    LOL

Well, I DO drive slower in heels but for a common sense reason - I don't want to get pulled over for speading! :-)
    Kim

during the exactly one time I tried it, didn't notice any trouble with the heels, but like many of the replies here, just remained in the traffic flow to avoid any problems. Did not notice anything funky with 3" heels.

Blue Ridge Mountains,Virginia..In the country
    I've tried to drive in heels before and almost had an accident. I guess i
    had a hard time with the brakes.....Wow.... lol
    Bobbie Jo
    the new girl in town

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    I do drive more cautious & slower when in heels

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    I notice that when I'm driving wearing heels I drive 10 to 15 MPH slower than when I wear flats or my male shoes. Also the higher the heel the slower I go. Does this happen to you when you drive? It's not like I'm trying to go slow I just do.
    Maybe thats why the new cars have cruise control, tough driving a 10 wheeler thou, getting tar on them ugguugggugu Charolette

I've often wondered how to drive in heels, seems you would not get hte leverage to step on the gas pedal as well, or maybe the brakes either?
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

The first time I drove in heels was over 20 years ago. I have always driven a standard shift car. I've not noticed any difference in driving in 4" heels or flats. No a very thick platform (3" or more) might make a big difference. I don't wear hooker shoes like that.

Jodi

I never speed when dressed because of my fear of being stopped by the police--but I never really speed anyway so its not really an issue anyway. However, for quite a long time driving dressed (while wearing heels of course) was the main way that I could get my fix of dressing and it certainly was about the longest time that I could be dressed. Even when I was en drab I occasionally underdressed with heels because I love the feminine feeling of stockings and heels!

Not really much of a difference

except you normally are a little more cautious at least I am. When I go out with real high heels 4 inch or more my wife always says "you can't drive with those heels" but I alwats do

I have only driven a car while in heels about a dozen times, No problems here. Also, I havent heard of any GGs having problems driving in heels. My wife does it five days a week. Hmmmmm. Maybe practice makes perfect? LOL.

I have driven the big rigs across country in heels, and never had a problem.

Aspiring Member
    what is a total pain is when your heel gets stuck in the gas pedal, and lookout and hope their isnt a smokey bandit around!

I drive in heels a lot, and have never noticed a problem...though I am sure to obey the speed limit when dressed!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Slip Lover

Lack of practice

I don't get to drive very often while wearing heels so the lack of practice makes it somewhat awkward until I get used to it again. The drive home is usually easier than when I first start out.

I also drive in heels every time I go out dressed and never noticed any problems. Of course I pay more attention to the speed limits, since I don't want to get pulled over for speeding.

Cruise Control

Next to impossible in a 60's vintage muscle car with a 4 speed though LOL.

Occasionally I'll have a relativly long drive to a new job site and I'll take the time to put on a pair of heels to drive. I make sure to bring a pair of "work" shoes with me and quick change before arriving. Not sure if a pair of 4" pumps would be accepable on a construction site. (well,....maybe they would, but I don't wanna find out)
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

It never changed my ability to drive at the same speeds. I just positioned the heel a bit to the left of of the pedal and allowed my toes to lean to the right a bit more. I guess it helps that I make myself very comfy when I'm driving. I do not "rense up" behind the wheel. I do drive more cautiously when dressed up for fear of something happening that will out me.

I don't drive in heels... I have these rather fetching pink driving trainers... I tend to think being able to stop a huuuuuge lump of steel fast is more important than looking stylish.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I drive with the ball of my foot on the gas so wearing heels doesn't make any difference. Billie Jean

No difference at all .
    Rain

Banned Read only
    I've driven in heels alot, mostly sticks, and never really noticed a speed difference. I have a little problem in big stuff especially with a 5+4. Normal shifts are fine but a major shift where you go up in one box and down in the other or vice versa I'll allways drag the heel on the floorboard and scratch the shoe up.

Right now the only vehicle I have access to is a Ford pickup. I has a high clutch pedal so skirt length is more of an issue than heel height. A conservative knee length skirt turns into a mini skirt after about 3 shifts.
    Last edited by amanda barber; 01-07-2007 at 03:36 AM.

It was exciting, scary.

The only several times I drove, was well over a year ago. I thought it was a rush, to see silky legs in high heels, down there, one on the gas pedal! But, the second time out, though going the right speed, a cop pulled me over, for wandering all over the road. It was night, and, I thought, "Murphy's Law!" The cop was less concerned about my dressing, and warned me to go to my motel, which was near by, and park , stay off the road. I was fortunate. Lucille

Yesterday morning,I drove my car with my new boots and black mini skirt on,felt good and comfortable.
    Rain.

I have tried wearing heels whilst driving a couple of times, didn't feel very safe so I usually end up taking my shoes off to drive.

Sharona