Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bribery and Corruption...

Bribery and Corruption...

Hi Girls,

As I was watching a crime thriller concerning blackmail earlier, the following question occurred to me....

If someone tried blackmailing you over your crossdressing, would it work?

Silly question I know but if it's too close to home, please accept my apologies and ignore it.

Em

Thought I ought to answer my own question....

It wouldn't work with me. I'd just tell the person they were threatening to tell before they did.

Em

Smile

I'd never let that happen. I'd tell them... ''Are you crazy? Tell anyone you want! Everyone I care about already knows anyway.'' Except John Q. Public! And they'll find out sooner or later.
    Last edited by marie354; 12-30-2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added more

I dont have enough to make it worth their while

I would do everything to make sure they get arrested
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Actually a good one Emma!! And I've thought of that a few times and for me I doubt that it would work....but I do have a friend that had that happen...and it did work and was very nasty.. But I'm sworn to secrecy on the details! So I guess it depends on your situatuon!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hardly Em. I've got nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain by such an attempt. I've already "lost" everything family wise but am very adaptable and have always been a loner more or less. Since becoming Ericka, I've gained a multitude of friends who have accepted me and would support me. As far as work, I'm retired so it would make little difference. Sure, I'm in a different situation than most are but the principle remains the same. What I've learned is that being Ericka is an important part of who I am and is worth fighting for no matter what lewd scheme someone may come up with.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Emma_Forbes View Post
    Hi Girls,

As I was watching a crime thriller concerning blackmail earlier, the following question occurred to me....

If someone tried blackmailing you over your crossdressing, would it work?

Silly question I know but if it's too close to home, please accept my apologies and ignore it.

Em
    Nope, it would not work!
    I'm on the edge of not caring who knows anyway. Combine that with the stubborn streak I have (I'm Irish, French, German, and American Indian if that helps explain the stubborn) and you would be in for rough ride if you tried.
    First thing I'd do is laugh and tell 'em to go ahead.
    Second thing I'd do is make it a priority to get even. Not that it would upset me THAT much, but there ARE principles at stake here! lol
    Kim (GRRRR- Don't I sound tough?!)

There was a mention in a thread about gay people being a security risk, and not being able to work high security type jobs. I can see it causing some harm to any system as well as for the employee.

Go ahead, make my day! I wouldn't mind losing that crummy retail job, and I've no immediate family. He he he I'd get unemployment if they fired me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    no, everyone knows about me

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    First off they'd have to know all of my family whereabouts and they've have to make contact with them, as they're scattered all across the US and Europe that might be difficult. Even if they stayed closer to home, my wife is already very accepting, as is her sister, I'm fairly sure my wife's son already knows, and even if they told my employer, what would that achieve? Human Resources aren't going to fire me for something someone (they've never heard of) says I apparently do in my spare time. Even if they had pictures would that prove? I can't really see it working. Even in the worst case scenario all that would happen is there might be some rumors going around and if that made me feel uncomfortable (which I doubt) I could always change companies.....I do that from time to anyway.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

is in her vest
    Hi

theres an awful lot of people that I wouldn't want to see me like this, but blackmail wouldn't work...probably precipitate me accepting all this, because once people know, I can't lose any more I suppose....and I would find my true friends too.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I have thought about that before. The answer is No. I wouldn't let it happen. My x wife tried to do that to me. She was going to tell all of her family so I told thel First. They didn,t think it so bad considering the way they knew she treated me . When my marriage ended I had to live with her mom for a couple of months untill I had some money> She throu me out of my owne house with no money and no where ot go. I was sooo glad to get away from her that I let her do it.
    Michelle Liz

I'm pretty stingy, anyone trying to blackmail me will have a really hard time getting anything of value. I'm pretty bullheaded, anyone trying to blackmail me would meet a lot of resistance. Finally, I'm not ashamed of being a crossdresser to be blackmailed one has to be doing something wrong, I see nothing wrong in being a crossdresser.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

You wanna WHAT kinda mail me????? HARDY HAR HAR!!

If you wanna waste your time and effort go ahead. Oh PLEASE don't tell my wife, Oh please don't tell my hair dresser, Oh please don't tell the ladies at the various shops I frequent, Oh please don't tell my nail tech, Oh please don't tell my sister, Tell my brother? go ahead, he'd punch you in the nose for lying, wouldn't believe you anyhow, (little does HE know ) Oh you're gonna tell my employer? Here's some news for you, I'm self employed.
    See, I wouldn't care.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

it would not work on me i have had people try this tactic before and it got ugly and at this point in my life i'am not going to change any way

No I don't think it would work with me my wife knows I think my kids would be ok with it others who cares
    angie

Though I have carefully and somewhat fearfully kept my crossdressing a secret from my family and friends, blackmail would not work on me either. As some others have said, I would not only cause the blackmailer grief (including civil charges for blackmail), but I would also create other problems for that individual. Some of my family and friends simply would not believe it whether it came from me or someone else. But if the bell were rung, I would not even try to un-ring it.
    warmly, Linnea

I did not start to "show" myself in public - even on the internet - before I was basically ok with the notion of being outed completely. That's not to say I would be thrilled about it. On the contrary, I really would rather not be outed. But at the same time, my wife knows, my firm would not care so long as I continue with my practice and I guess I would learn who my friends really are.

Oh yeah. I'd make 100.0000% sure that whoever it was went up for the LOOOONNNNGGGG haul for blackmail.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Quote Originally Posted by EricaCD View Post
    I did not start to "show" myself in public - even on the internet - before I was basically ok with the notion of being outed completely. That's not to say I would be thrilled about it. On the contrary, I really would rather not be outed. But at the same time, my wife knows, my firm would not care so long as I continue with my practice and I guess I would learn who my friends really are.
    Same here.

If I didn't want to risk being outed, I wouldn't go out in public. But, I'd rather not be outed for the time being if I have the choice.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Ha I'd laugh at them , then if they felt froggy enough to tell others, I would then find out who my true friends are, ( wife an oldest son know, an best friend knows ) an as for my place of work well we have 3 females out there that are gay an the company is afriad to look at them wrong,

Besides my xwife tryed this stunt by telling everyone that I was gay an that I slept with one of her male friends, she went as far as to have the guy agree with the story, didn't work, the people I know in this town have known me far longer than her, an those that know me well asked before leaping. (hehe but she told them the wrong story )
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since everybody I now know has known I dress from the minute they first saw me, since I am out, I would imagine that I wouldn't have anything to worry about.

It's already happened to me in the past. I have had a couple of old girlfriends tell my friends about me dressing. When I was asked about it I denide it. My xwife, I know has told people about me, and I did let them know that I did dress. I still don't dress out in public as I don't think I can pass. Maybe someday after I get my new wig and get some makeup tips from my Lady, I might post a pic.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Ha!! Anyone that knows me knows that it would be a complete waste of time to attempt such a thing, despite me being in the closet.

Those that know me know I am a "Woman" of honor, and I would not allow my honor to be broken by giving in. I would stand and fight, and fighting would mean saying "Tell all you want". I would immediatley come out to my family, a pre-emptive strike and start looking for a new job in the big city.

I'm such a person of ritual, I don't like change and while it's stressful it's not always bad!

Anyway, maybe a previous life issue or something but honor is everything to me. Strange eh?

But this is all speaking hypothetically of course
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Well, for being a bunch of "girls", it seems we all have the "stones" to maintain our convictions, don't we?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning