Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanning

Tanning

I have started tanning.I love the way it looks with my clothes
    especially white clothes.With my shaved legs and arms it looks
    great.Do any of you other girls tan?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I do....but only in the summer and now only with fake self tanning lotions, (although I do use the better quality ones). I've spent too many hours on sun beds and in real sunlight in the past for my own good and now I'm too wrinkled to want to "do real" any more more.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I used to, then I started getting all these freckles, and who knows if they'll develop into something.

Use a tanning product -- it's safer.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I'd rather be white and not risk the skin cancer thing...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    i tanned all year long this winter giveing a break ..... omg i never been this light ....

Just another 'Gurl'
    I am planning on it when it. I just bought 2 new swim suits from bodybody.com. I can't wait to get those tan lines. Very sexy.
    Just another man in a dress

Slip Lover

Karren is Right

If you have blue eyes and/or fair skin, get out of the tanning bed or you will spend a lot of time with your dermatologist later in your life. I hit the beach often, played a lot of golf and spent a lot of time outdoors, and for the last fifteen or more years the skin doc and I have been on a first name basis. Look up melanoma on one of the computer medical sites.
    Last edited by Ashley1; 12-31-2006 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Check spelling

Any tan I get is purely natural and I am still careful with that

I would not go anywhere near a sunbed

Please be careful you dont want to get Melanoma
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Smile

I certainly would love to have the tan lines, but the UV rays can kill you. It seems, I guess because of global warming, that the UV level is getting higher every year. So, I'll stick to the dyes for tanning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Wow, so much distrust of the sun, real and artificial.

I tan regularly, and it becomes addictive. The heightened moods are great, and I feel recharged every time I tan.

There is a growing consensus that the sun does not cause skin cancer. I believe it is the chemicals we ingest daily from processed foods, and absorb in the skin from lotions. What happens, is the sun brings body toxins to the skin. This increases the likelihood of getting skin cancer. Therefore, I take salt baths. The salts help the toxins leave the body.

I tan on a regular basis. My favorite bed has 44 – 160 watt lamps. It also has four 500 watt facial lamps. I sometimes use the standup tanner instead, which has 46 or 48 of the 160 watt lamps. I actually have better skin than when I started tanning. I attribute that to taking a salt bath after tanning. At 46 years, I have better skin than most in their 30's.

At least some sun, more than most of us get with clothes on, is needed by the body! I consider tanning, especially from the high pressure beds, safer than sunlight. There is more UVA and less UVB as a percentage than in sunlight. The UVB is believed to cause the burning and cancer. High pressure tanning beds have 3% or less of their spectra as UVB radiation.

Anyway, I tan al least twice a week in these off months. I use natural sunlight in the summer.

Believe as you all must. I will never believe the sun causes cancer No from my God. I believe it is the trigger to make the chemicals we take in to do the damage. I believe the combined tanning and salt baths will keep me from getting cancer! Ever hear of an avid surfer getting skin cancer? Eat more natural. Buy less canned boxed and processed foods. Get vegetables and fruits from farmers markets. I really believe cancer is caused by the unnatural chemicals we are exposed to regularly, not from God's creations!

Those of you using artificial tanning creams.... I hope you know what you're doing.... I would suggest you have a greater chance of developing skin cancer than I do!
    Last edited by Felicity; 01-02-2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling, changed 'gave' to 'have'

I do. I really like the way it acents curves. Plus it makes me feel sexy.

I did it once. I plan on going back just to even out the skin tones. My face and arms are way darker than the rest of my body.

I've got a genetic tan, but if I want some thong lines, I go with a sunless tanner. The biggest benefit for me is that it fades in several days. The marks left by either sun (or electric beach) tanning can last for many many months. Heck, I've still got cycling short tan lines, and my legs haven't seen the sun since late September. If it's an issue, it'll be tough to explain thong/bra tan lines in the middle of winter (or any other time).
    -Sedona

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    The marks left by either sun (or electric beach) tanning can last for many many months. Heck, I've still got cycling short tan lines, and my legs haven't seen the sun since late September.
    That is a major benifit of a tanning bed, or nude beach. Get enough of a tan all over, and you have no unwanted tan lines! We have two nude beaches I regularly frequent in the Portland area in the summer.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Felicity;687044]Wow, so much distrust of the sun, real and artificial.

I tan regularly, and it becomes addictive. The heightened moods are great, and I feel recharged every time I tan.[Quote]

I couldn't agree more. I go to a Tanning Salon at least once a week. The secret is to pick a very good Salon, and to use the proper pre-tanning and after tanning formula's. I am 74 1/2 years old and have better looking skin than any of my much younger friends (male or female). In fact, my own doctor,who is in his 60's. just last month asked me how I kept my skin looking so great and so soft. I learned how to care for my skin from my dear departed wife, God rest her soul. Even though she had cancer, her skin at age 72 was like that of a woman in her 30's. Our daughter was jealous, because she doesn't take care of her own skin like her Mom did. Her loss!

A good tanning salon does not give you the UV rays, which "may" be harmful. At least not in the quantity that you get from being out in the sun. As Felicity said, believe what you want but please do some research before you distrust everything.

BTW, Felicity, I grew up in Portland and still love the city. Even if it is a little weird now!

Sissy

More Girl then man

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    That is a major benifit of a tanning bed, or nude beach. Get enough of a tan all over, and you have no unwanted tan lines! We have two nude beaches I regularly frequent in the Portland area in the summer.

True, true, but I've already got the all-over tan thing down cold. I go for the effect (sunless) for the cute bra/thong lines, and I'm glad the kind in a bottle fades quickly.
    -Sedona

I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and tanning after a workout is great for relaxing

Banned Read only
    your body is supposed to get sun / you need it for good health physical and mental / while i don't just lay there and bake in it like a flounder on the beach i get as much as I can / walk, ride bikes, swim - if the sun is out i'm taking it / never fake sun that is too weird

I like tanning for real, in the sun, but in Ohio, my time is limited. Went to NC last summer, and I still have tan lines on my arms from my wet suit! 18 months ago!

Banned Read only

Yes white is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'd rather be white and not risk the skin cancer thing...

Karren
    The sun damages the skin and will age it faster. Tan people will look older.

I wore a sun shirt all summer and my arms are no longer tan and now my skin looks younger.

I like the pale look. A Irish redhead with pale skin is beautiful in my eyes.

Love the tan lines

been tanning for a while now that i am with a gg who knows and everything is ok. I love my thong lines soooooo very sexy. wish i could show em off here butt don't want to get in trouble ha ha

Tanning

One thing to remember is that tanning whether in a booth or outside can potentially cause your skin damage if you over do things so to speak...
    Everything in moderation except dressing girl...

I too have many a freckle and mole from tanning when younger , in fact one day I actually thought to "count" how many I had but got discusted and gave once I got to 200 of em... Thankfully all are "safe" to this point, but I sure watch it now that I'm not young and invincible anymore .

Cheers
    Ava

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Wow, so much distrust of the sun, real and artificial.

I tan regularly, and it becomes addictive. The heightened moods are great, and I feel recharged every time I tan.

There is a growing consensus that the sun does not cause skin cancer. I believe it is the chemicals we ingest daily from processed foods, and absorb in the skin from lotions. What happens, is the sun brings body toxins to the skin. This increases the likelihood of getting skin cancer. Therefore, I take salt baths. The salts help the toxins leave the body.

I tan on a regular basis. My favorite bed has 44 – 160 watt lamps. It also has four 500 watt facial lamps. I sometimes use the standup tanner instead, which has 46 or 48 of the 160 watt lamps. I actually have better skin than when I started tanning. I attribute that to taking a salt bath after tanning. At 46 years, I have better skin than most in their 30's.

At least some sun, more than most of us get with clothes on, is needed by the body! I consider tanning, especially from the high pressure beds, safer than sunlight. There is more UVA and less UVB as a percentage than in sunlight. The UVB is believed to cause the burning and cancer. High pressure tanning beds have 3% or less of their spectra as UVB radiation.

Anyway, I tan al least twice a week in these off months. I use natural sunlight in the summer.

Believe as you all must. I will never believe the sun causes cancer No from my God. I believe it is the trigger to make the chemicals we take in to do the damage. I believe the combined tanning and salt baths will keep me from getting cancer! Ever hear of an avid surfer getting skin cancer? Eat more natural. Buy less canned boxed and processed foods. Get vegetables and fruits from farmers markets. I really believe cancer is caused by the unnatural chemicals we are exposed to regularly, not from God's creations!

Those of you using artificial tanning creams.... I hope you know what you're doing.... I would suggest you have a greater chance of developing skin cancer than I do!
    Direct exposure to sunlight is direct exposure to gamma radiation. Think about it.
    Last edited by Shadeauxmarie; 01-02-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Banned Read only

It does cause skin cancer

Ultraviolet light breaks down cells and causes them to mutate, that is a fact. When mutated cells reproduce it is CANCER.

Believe what you like but sun exposure causes cancer and premature ageing of the skin, (surely you can not deny that.)

Look at the skin of a 30,40 or 59 year old sunbather and compare them to someone with light skin that stays out of the sun. The sun bather will look like a prune, I know many and they are sorry they spent so much time in the sun!

Doctors have traced skin cancer (Melanoma) in people to one bad sun burn as a child. Count your moles, that is what the doctor does. The more sun you get the more moles you get and it is one of those moles that is where the cancer starts usually melanoma.

So good luck and I hope you have good health insurance.
    Last edited by janedoe311; 01-02-2007 at 05:02 PM.

Tanning

I tan and it is exhilerating! However, I don't want to feel too good too often so I go every other week.