Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tanning

New CD in San Antonio RandiCD78209's Avatar

Tan 2-3 times/week

I've been tanning intensely for nearly three years. I lived close to the beach until this summer which got me hooked. However, w no beach close I've opted for a Tan Salon - good tan & more convenient (In & out in 25 minutes). I go 2-3 times/week. I wear bikini panties on the tanning bed & love the contrasting bikini tan lines - makes me feel even more fem.
    RandiCD in San Antonio

i havn't been to a tanning salon in quite some time but hope to go again this year . i have tried the lotion tans and find that they look fake and run when you sweat . i am outdoors alot in the summer and tan as mush as i can , but no that my wife knows and accepts my dressing going out dressed this summer with tan lines is out of the question . moderation is the key .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Petra View Post
    That statement just reeks of ignorance. You must not surf because all surfers espcially the older ones know how dangerous exposure to the sun is.

I have seen surfer friends die from this horrible cancer which is very deadly.

I have had two malignant melanomas removed. One on my shoulder & one on my nose. Yes I lived at the beach for 25 years and surfed 3-4x a week. Never wore sunscreen for the first 10 years. You know that bronze surfer look with the red peeling nose & shoulders. Thought it looked cool.

Every avid surfer I know of who cares about themselves goes to the dermatologist 2x a year for a mold check. I did and that is what saved my life.

Yes the sun is good for us we would all die without it but surfers get huge doses of UV and make us high risk candidates.

This taken from http://www.nssia.org/Safety_Rules.html

Which is the National Surf Schools & Instructors Association (NSSIA)
    Miss Petra do not waste you anger or energy on Felicity. She is religious and will not believe any science only God. She will just say it is what you eat. You can get all the sun you want and if you eat right you will not get cancer.
    So put your claws back and relax.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Being out (side) most of the time since my retiral I do tend to get and to stay brown.
    Tanning salons are necessary to keep the standard where I want it. I use them maybe two or three times a month in winter for six or nine minute sessions, starting late November. Its enough for me.
    Also, my face, I do not use the sun lamp face section, just the long body tubes.
    My skin is just fine, smooth and except around my mouth, wrinkle free. Perhaps the fact that I shave with moisturising lotion helps that along and no aftershave skin tightener is necessary either.
    Perfume or toilet water prefered.
    As an extra, I notice that some girls use the tanner as a pick-me-up which it is. Especially on cold winter days.
    The former can be duplicated by use of a SAD lamp, but the cold weather is for the tanner, a short three minute affair under the lamps. Somehow the street is not so cold and dark after a session. (I do suggest that you get out from the bed just before the lamps go out.)
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    Miss Petra do not waste you anger or energy on Felicity. She is religious and will not believe any science only God. She will just say it is what you eat. You can get all the sun you want and if you eat right you will not get cancer.
    The claws came out because this is a public forum & wanted everyone to make sure they understood that lots of avid surfers have died or have been diagnosed & survived skin cancer.

Felicity & everyone else is entitled to their opinions that is what makes this forum such a great place. But when a statement is made like that well it hardly is even worth replying to. Guess it was my time of the month boy I have been moody over the last couple of days...Wait I know where is my Feb edition of In-Style Magazine it never came...That would make any girl grouchy.

Thanks for your concern Jane... Claws are retracted and I am starting to purr.

Hugz,

Petra
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Petra View Post
    OK know you have my claws out

That statement just reeks of ignorance. You must not surf because all surfers espcially the older ones know how dangerous exposure to the sun is.

I have seen surfer friends die from this horrible cancer which is very deadly.

I have had two malignant melanomas removed. One on my shoulder & one on my nose. Yes I lived at the beach for 25 years and surfed 3-4x a week. Never wore sunscreen for the first 10 years. You know that bronze surfer look with the red peeling nose & shoulders. Thought it looked cool.
    Not ignorance. I just didn't clarify my statement well. The ignorance lies with those who get too much sun. In almost any sport, you risk injury or death if you fail to follow safety guidelines. If you allow yourself to get burned, you just became a probable statistic for skin cancer. My only ignorance was assuming people treat anything they are doing long enough to be skilled at, i.e. avid, to take the proper precautions. I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I have stated in nearly all my posts dealing with tanning some kind of moderation.

Miss Petra do not waste you anger or energy on Felicity. She is religious and will not believe any science only God. She will just say it is what you eat.
    What? I would sure like to know how that was extrapolated. I made a statement basically about not believing God would make the elements dangerous to us. I said that tongue in cheek.

I'll make you wonder though. I do not believe in religion in any traditional sense. I believe in the Bible as fact along with many other religious writings. I have no doubt in the trinity as body soul and mind. I have had profound spiritual and psychic experiences. This is a different subject and thread however. Do a search in the religious forum. At least a year back, I stated some of my views.

If you wish to discuss such a topic, start a thread in the religious forum and private message me to respond in it. I don't read most the stuff there these days and may miss such a thread.
    You can get all the sun you want and if you eat right you will not get cancer.
    I don't recall ever saying anything close to that. Can you show me where?

Wife and I love getting a good tan. We hang out at our pool all summer, and in the winter we always take a trip to the Caribbean to hit the beaches and relax. I'm and outdoor type person, and work outdoors also, so it's all natural for me. I couldn't see spending money on something I can get 4 free! Besides, the money for a tanning salon would be better spent on a good sunblock.

Getting tan lines from a pretty swimsuit is no option for me. My wife would throttle me, LOL!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Gotta do it

I just got to tan, usually it while I'm doing the man things, cutting grass, trimming, among other things...

Last summer I went a bit further though, I wore a pair of bikini panties and ended up with tan lines...Now my wife has bought me a bikini and wants to see some real tan lines...and for those na sayers...my wife tells me that a lotion with a good spf will provide you good protection when tanning in moderation...Like all things when done in "moderation" tanning can actually be beneficial to you...

Banned Read only
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    You can get all the sun you want and if you eat right you will not get cancer.

I don't recall ever saying anything close to that. Can you show me where?

Right here. "I will never believe the sun causes cancer No from my God." And "Eat more natural." Very clear for me what your point was. Sun does not cause cancer diet does.

If it is not what you meant I jumped to conclusions and would like to be clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post

Believe as you all must. I will never believe the sun causes cancer No from my God. I believe it is the trigger to make the chemicals we take in to do the damage. I believe the combined tanning and salt baths will keep me from getting cancer! Ever hear of an avid surfer getting skin cancer?

Eat more natural. Buy less canned boxed and processed foods. Get vegetables and fruits from farmers markets. I really believe cancer is caused by the unnatural chemicals we are exposed to regularly, not from God's creations!
    Arsenic, mercury asbestos are natural (God's creations) and are in your food, granted they most likely come from mans waste, except for asbestos which is natural from rocks (serpentine). (Where I live there are abandoned mercury mines, mercury is in the water and fish, from the mines and Natural.) But then there is chlorine and chloramines in water and fluoride which was just listed as a carcinogen (chlorine is a carcinogen) and causes osteoporosis and is deadly to kids hence the warning on fluoride tooth paste now.

PS I have been a vegetarian and "health food nut" for 30 years I drink filtered water, and avoid all artificial food additives, GMF and buy organic when I can. But I am not so arrogant as to think that I am immune to cancer because I avoid so called "unnatural chemicals".
    Too much sun kills that is a fact. For some of us "too much" is normal exposer.

I will say again I do not tan I burn!
    Some sun is good for you, yes but deliberate tanning is not. Tanning is damaging your skin, Damage is not good for you.
    Last edited by janedoe311; 02-09-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Jane, it looks like she was taking clips from your earlier post saying not to believe what someone else had said about eating properly to avoid sun burn.

I think most of know that the sun can cause damage to the skin. Every summer you hear the warnings on TV and radio about using plenty of sun block.

I have also heard that african-americans have a build-it SPF factor. I heard this on Oprah.
    So there are some that don't have to worry a lot, but I know plenty of Afro-Am's that always use sun-block, so it surely doesn't apply to all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...likes lingerie.
    Here lately, I've been considering at least going outside in just panties and a bra for an hour. If my family wasn't so closed-minded about it I would have done it already. Like others have said though, it would be hard to explain a bra tan line.

You know Jane, I explained my statements. You still twist my words. Earlier you stated I said "You can get all the sun you want and if you eat right you will not get cancer." The way you said this change the context of my words. I never, anywhere, implied "all the sun you want." Your last posting is your own misinterpretation of my words. Like I said in my past posting, I could have been more concise with my words. However, that does not give you the right to tell people I said something I didn't! After stating I said the God thing, 'tongue in cheek' you argue the religious aspect again.

Get Ready for Summer

I would suggest anyone wanting to enjoy four or more hours outdoors when the summer comes to start tanning in a tanning salon no later six weeks before you want to start spending more than an hour outside. I tan all year round just for the health benefits and mood changes. Like anything, do in moderation. Tanning salons usually know how to start a first time tanner in moderation, and how to build up the time and exposure limits. If the place you go doesn't seen to know, or doesn't stress moderation, then... Run... Go to another place more reputable.

I was taken out of context before. Excess exposure to the sun will damage your skin and possible cause cancer. Building a tan up before summer starts will decrease your possibility of getting sunburns. Statistically, you will only get skin cancer if you allow yourself to get sunburned. Building up a tan allows you to increase your fun time out in the sun.

Personally, I think a proper tan looks healthy. Some people do it in excess and have rather terrible looking skin. Again, moderation is the key. I personally don't like tan lines. I just like some color other than pasty white. Besides, a healthy tan looks far better for legs than the nylons at close up views!

Shop around. You should be able to buy a tanning package for under $2.00 a tan. With regular beds, start at maybe 8 minutes and work up to 20 minutes a session. Personally, I prefer the High Pressure beds that in my state are not allowed to have over 10-13 minutes, depending on the bed! God... They feel good!

Banned Read only

Sorry But I take things Literally

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    You know Jane, I explained my statements. You still twist my words. Earlier you stated I said "You can get all the sun you want and if you eat right you will not get cancer." The way you said this change the context of my words. I never, anywhere, implied "all the sun you want." Your last posting is your own misinterpretation of my words. Like I said in my past posting, I could have been more concise with my words. However, that does not give you the right to tell people I said something I didn't! After stating I said the God thing, 'tongue in cheek' you argue the religious aspect again.
    "I will never believe the sun causes cancer No from my God." you did not say overexposing to sun just sun. Then you blamed cancer on what you eat". So what else could I think? I put them together. I am a electronics technician and have to put "unrelated" things together all day.

I do not see that as twisting your statements. Maybe you did not say everything you meant but I had only that statement to work with.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Those who say, "I am a redhead, and never tan, I just burn," have not received the proper advice. I am of partly Irish descent, and was a real carrot top when younger (and still had hair!). And boy did I sunburn! But I learned that ANYONE can tan, if you are willing to take the time to do it properly. That does not mean just laying out in the sun for hours. Slow but sure will get the job done! Or using a Tanning Salon as I do, for maybe 10 minutes. Any good dermatologist will tell you that tanning, if done properly, is not harmful. As others have already stated, your body needs sunlight. Just do it carefully.

Sissy

More Girl than man

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    When I get the chance I love to tan. Last summer we were on a fairly remite beach and I borrowed my wifes g-string bikini bottoms and managed to get a bit of a burn (where the sun usually dont shine). Anyway, the tan lines has lasted for ages and there is still a faint hint. When it was clearer it really looked and felt very fem and very sexy. It also looks much better having a tanned rear when wearing g-strings. The white cheeks just dont look right.

go for it girls!