Thread: what razor is best????

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar

what razor is best????

ok i have tried epilators and hair removal creams and they give me a serious rash....
    especially inbetween my upper inner thighs <sigh>
    im currently saving up money for laser hair removal for my face but it will probally be a year or so b4 that happens...

ive had good luck with the Mach3 and babyoil in the bath tub

i recently tried the gillette fusion (one with 5 blades on front and a single blade on back)
    it seem'd great on the wider surfaces but the lil strips on the cartrige fell apart b4 the baldes got dull

i searched this site and the internet and was not able to find any kind of camparison chart for razors in general...

any suggestions would be greaty appreciated!!!

btw yaaaay 2007! happy new year!!!
    C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

I got a free Fusion in the mail as a promo Kristy but didn't use it because I felt having five blades it wouldn't hold up well as you said. I gave it away to someone. I normally use a triple track razor for my face and and double track for shaving my body. I body shave every other day but need to get a new double track every time as my body hair is thick and the one time more or less finishes it. This seems to work for me anyway. Never used an epilator. I know some gals here swear by them but it seems to be more of a torture device to me. All in all, I've found that shaving as I described seems to work the best, for me anyway. Ericka
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wonder about using baby oil. Doesn't that clog the blades? I use baby shampoo, just a few drops in hot bath water. Noxzema 4-blade is my favorite.

Hi Kirsty

Heres my thoughts.

I used to use a razor such as the Mach3 on my legs and thighs but i think it was too much, so i down graded to a throw away razor which is a lot better.

Speaking from experience when useing the Mach3 and other triple type blades what happens is the blade is grazing the skin and not just shaving the hairs off and when shaving the hairs off so close they can dissapear behind the skin which gives a shaving rash and shaving bumps, i'm also suffering with this rash every now and again but on my neck.

So a possible cure for the rash.

If you have a look on the net for a product called Tendskin, available in the US and the UK or Ingrow Go which i think is just in the UK, ingredients in both products are near identical, the Tendskin site will give you pictures of the neckline and the thigh area and tell you how there product will help what your talking about.

Tendskin is also available on ebay.

Hope this helps and may be a direction to go. But it will certainly give you some answers.

Love Jenni B
    Last edited by Jenni B; 01-01-2007 at 01:46 PM.

I use a Venus female razor for my body...never cuts or nicks...one of those quad razors for my face

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile

I use a norelco on my face followed by a ladies Venus tripple-blade razor, then I finish off the rest of my body with the Venus. I also use Skintimate moisturizing shave gell when I use a blade. It comes in several scents and contains olive oil butter. Legs are really smooth when I'm done. I then follow with Olay Quench body lotion all over. My So and I do each other's back as well with the Quench. Makes me feel wonderful all over!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I use the women's Gillette Venus for my body, Gillette Fusion for my face and Aveeno shave gel. It seems to work ok for me.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I use Quattro for women every other day for my body and legs. Also I exfoliate every day it helps stop any rash that might have off a close shave. It also makes the skin smoother and gives it a shine.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Junior Response Associate Cheryl GG's Avatar
    Gary and I both use the Gillette Fusion POWER - it has 5 blades and is kick ass....talk about a smooth close shave.....its wonderful.....my brother ( who is not a cder - is a cop and works 12 hour shifts and has 5 o'clock shadow 5 mins after he shaves) is the one who turned us on to it...and after using it I wouldnt use anything else....I hope Gary will post his thoughts on it....but its great....gets 5 stars ***** and I know if you try it you'll like it.... C/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]
    ~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt [/SIZE]

I cover my legs with tuna and let the cat lick it off with his raspy tongue

Seriously I'm using a 3-blade and a natural gel. The gel I like, but the 3-blade just doesn't get the job done well enough and I'm going through blades too fast, so I'm reading what y'all is posting and might try something else.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mach 3 power works for me

Not tried any of the new ones yet
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I use a venus razor on my legs and a Mach 3 on my face. I shave my face, chest and underarms daily in the shower. I learned to do this in boot camp. Samed time waiting for a mirror at the sink. The heat from the shower softens my beard so much that shaving is very smooth and easy.

I shave my legs in the bathtub. I use bubblebath, gel foam, and the Venus razor. I can shave both legs in less than 5 minutes. I have not nicked my leg with a razor in probably 5 years. Never dealt with any ingrown hair.

Jodi

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I have tried a lot of different razors, so far my favorite is the Venus. It seems to do the best job.
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

I vote for Venus , I have been using Venus w/ divine blades on my whole body including face. The closest shave ever. I also use Avenno shave gel and Avenno Moisturer, It give a great feeling all over. Tried a Epliator once it is torture.

I like the Mach 3 Power for my face and the Venus Vibrance for everything else. Tried the Gillette Fusion and Shick Quattro and didn't like them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW, I use the double track Gillette disposables because too many blades in there tend to plug up too easily due to my thick body hair. This makes it more cost effective for me since I have to shave three times a week anyway. I also use the blue disposables as opposed to the pink ones. Thick hair has no color preference it seems and the blue ones work better for me than the pink ones(which are for "women") and the blue ones also seem to be slightly cheaper(Go figure!).

I use the Venus

I have had good sucess with the Venus rasors. I use to get a rash on the bikin line but after I kept shaving a couple of times a week it is gone and now now problem. I know you need to use a brand new blade when doing an area you have not shaved before of quite some time ago. Jena
    Jena

I'm like Erica, just use a plain old double blade disposable. Usually use the Persona's, cause I can get them at The Dollar Tree. The Double blades have the ability to wash out easily. I got a fancy Bic Femme Razor and it clogs too much and it's hard to clean, even in the shower. And, I got a Fusion in the mail, tried that too. Not impressed, I think paying like 9 dollars for three refill blades, is a very large rip-off! No wonder they sent me the free razor, it's like ink-jet printers, they make all the money on the refills.

I think it's just plain moisture that softens the hairs. I always Shave in the shower and I just use my Mother's old method. Work up a good lather with a proper bar of soap....and voilĂ*! I shave my legs and chest about twice a week, serious stubble start at about 3 days, after shaving.

I initially got some rash in the very sensitive areas, behind the knees, top of the toes, on my tushy. Your body adapts after a bit. To make the rash go away, put some cortisone cream on the effected areas. Should be gone by morning. If you want to feel nice, get some nice moisturizing cream and slather it on after shaving.

Peace and Love, Joanie

monkey knife fighter anda_mouse's Avatar
    i like to go over the areas im going to shave with an electric razor just to get the long hairs out first and then go over with a disposable razor. i'm lucky and can go a couple days without having to shave again.

Like Joanie says your body adapts when you "train" it for being shaved. I remember when I first body shaved about 5 years ago. I went through 4 disposables and had to go over it three times. One good reason to keep on top of it. I let it grow back once and had to do it all over again--big mistake. It was "Ms Monkey" all over again. Sometimes I tend to look at it as a "chore" but once I get it done, it's well worth it and I always, always feel like a "new woman" again. It's like a ritual maybe but it's really satisfying. I got the rash initially like everyone else but if you "tough it out"(like a man) it's a big psychological boost and keeps you going. Hey, it's not easy being a "woman" but well worth it in my opinion. Ericka

Do those Power shavers make a difference? do they vibrate? why is that better?

The power fusion vibrates. The vibration completely takes away the pulling feel of the blade against your skin. I use a power fusion on my face, legs, head, (I shave my head), and all other areas. I love this razor. I just rub some hair conditioner over my skin and start shaving in the shower.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Talking wow thanx for all the replies!

i wasnt expecting so many replies girls!
    thanx alot....
    i have alot to digest b4 i purchase my next razor
    <giggles>
    maybe take all the top suggestions and turn it into a poll
    im still going to probally save up money for laser hair removal for my face....
    i found a place here that will do my entire face for lil less than a 1000 dollars.... seems resonable since the last time i looked the cheapest i could find was about 2500 for a package!
    looks like im going to buy me a venus!
    Kirsty's Home Page

Red face testing testing!

kewl--
    well after several extensive shaving tests....
    i like the Venus alot!
    plus the handle is light and great for using in the tub
    also to note.... replacement blades come in their own sealed container so they dont get contaminated with moisture.
    that keeps them extra sharp!

also if ur extra cheap and have the mach3 the blades from the Venus will fit on the Mach3 handle

i still like the mach3 for them smaller spaces since the blade is alot smaller and gets closer to the edge.

ok now i got to find bulk venus blades on ebay!
    <giggles>
    Kirsty's Home Page