Thread: God, I love the North West liberals

Sejd

God, I love the North West liberals

New years eve my SO and I went to a party down the street, celebrating the change of time with different people from our neigborhood. I had in advanced asked if it was OK if I came "en femme" and the gererous hostes, who is a wonderful bleeding liberal just laughed and said "But off course"
    So my wife and I arrived at the party, me as Sejd and she as the lovely lady she is. The reaction was interesting. First some people would laugh and joke about coming to the party dressed up as a lady, until I explained that I wasn't in a costume and I was actually a Trannie living out my life. Then They accepted it and we continued conversation as usual. One neigbor took one look at me and told me he wished he had known, and he would have come dressed in his black dress!!!! Far out neigborhood. Everyone was so cool, and I had the best time I have ever had at a newyears party. One woman told me about her brother inlaw who has a circle of TS friends and they call themselves "The tea party" and actually meets for tea. How cool is that?God I love the North West.
    Hugs to all and happy New Year.
    Sejd.

Dang, isn't that heartwarming!

I concur!!!

That's great Sejd! I love it too. Best place in the world to live. We just tell people it rains all the time here so they won't all move here.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

What a nice situation! Maybe we should all be trying that. However, I'm down here in "The Buckle of The Bible Belt", and I just can't work up the nerve.

Perhaps it's the fact that I've got three PO-Lice people living on the block. Ah well, maybe next New year's party.

Peace and love Joanie

lol, You're New Years sounds just like my Christmas party. It must be a west coast thing.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

It sounds like you had fun! Good for you!
    I don't think it is that uncommon for people to accept some things though, I live in a small NE Missouri town, and I was at a new years eve party with lawyers, sherrif, two deputies, one state cop, the county prosecutor, two county commissioners, the mayor, and the baptist minister. All know about me, and all treat me very nice. We had a great time, and someone there(official-won't say which one) got a little tight and even made an ineffectual pass at me. People will treat you nice if you act as if you belong, no matter where you live I think...
    Anyway, glad you had a wonderful time!

There are more of us out there than we will ever know. It is usally peer pressure where you will have a problem. Like a bunch of younger guys on the street. This can and will be the most dangerous time.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Sounds like Mercer Island!
    Glad that went well for you, there are some cool people over there...

That's why I'll tread over to Seattle for my first "real" time out!

Seattle is a wonderful place, the whole state is, gorgeous in the summer if we ever get past this rain and wind....

Expect to see me out on Puget Sound in my boat and bikini this summer!!

I hope we can all go out to a club or something before too long, I've had too much going on lately but I"m not very far from you ...
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Blue Ridge Mountains,Virginia..In the country

Very cool

Sounds like you had a good time.Mabey someday things will go my way like that and i'll get the nerve to do the same.But for rite now i'm pretty happy, but i think things will change.
    Hugs
    Bobbie Jo

Banned Read only
    people accept more than we think they will - if only in the 'its your misfortune and none of my own' way of thinking / it depends more on how you are then how they are / if you are fine with yourself then they will be

the west has seattle, sf, la but the east has nyc, p-town, fire island, the south even has key west and new orleans, texas has austin and houston / i think its more about you then the place

Sounds like you found a wonderfull comunity?
    Huggs, Shelly.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

[QUOTE=Bethanygirl;688625]. People will treat you nice if you act as if you belong, no matter where you live

This so true. This is the way I live my life both as J-- and Joy.

Just another 'Gurl'
    love it. Such a cool time for you. KS
    Just another man in a dress

Lightbulb An idea whose time has come

Venus is right-- we really should do a Seattle sisters get-together sometime.
    Marie

That great Sejd wish I had something like that going
    Angie

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Wow that sounds so wonderful! I particularly like the idea of the Tea Party! What a fantastic idea.

that sounds like some friends of mine that live on lake union