Thread: Checkout

Checkout

Am I the only one who loves the self checkout registers at some of the major retailers? I usally go early in the morning ( some are open 24 hrs.), purchase make-up, nylons, nails, clothes or whatever, check myself out, and do not receive any looks, or comments from any clerks.
    Great for us shy girls, Darley Dee
    Big "Girls" want to be pretty too![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

check out

some times i use the one that has a clerk just to watch their expresions on their their faces. some times it is priceless.
    sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

I thought we already had a thread for this

Yeah self checkout at Wal-mart. whoops.

The checkout people there rarely say anything good or bad about my purchases so I don't feel it necessary to go to the self checkouts unless there are lines at the other places.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Just A Shopper At Heart

Quote Originally Posted by darley dee View Post
    Am I the only one who loves the self checkout registers at some of the major retailers? I usually go early in the morning ( some are open 24 hrs.), purchase make-up, nylons, nails, clothes or whatever, check myself out, and do not receive any looks, or comments from any clerks.
    Great for us shy girls, Darley Dee
    I worked in human relations (Poice Officer in SWAT) in my Career and nothing surprises me. So I just buy what I want and get it over with. I think the cashiers are afraid of me. But surprisingly enough I get a little chatter out of the male cashiers. One older lady cashier asked if I found everything alright. But I decided a yes was a better answer at that point, rather than the usual wise ass answer I'd give while in drab.

Content and Happy
    Self check-outs are for me. It's not that I don't have enough confidence in myself to go through a real person, it's just faster. I seem to buy more when there's one in the store.

Lanore

I have used both the normal check out and self check out. Come Valentines Day and I plan to buy both a pair of Red PJ's and a Red Baby Doll outfit. I may use the normal checkout, but I bet there will be just as many men using the self checkout. LOL

Valintines Day is a great time to buy lingue, since the SA's will know you are buying for a girl. Just that girl is you, she doesn't need to know. LOL

Darley it's no nn if your not scrowing with someones head hun!
    Angie

I agree self service check out's are great when they work.
    I brought some realy nice pink socks at Tesco and went to the self service cheek out, just my luck the dam item wouldn't scan and the item number wasn't recornised when the supervisor came over to correct the computer she made some comet about how they suit would suit me I made a replay that they where for my wife for christmas, I wish I had the courage to say " do you think so i was thainking about the matching bra and knickers as well but you dont have them in my size ".
    But on the whole self service chekout are better and quicker.

Smile

It doesn't matter what my SO and I have in the cart when we head for the check out. Once the stuff in cart is on the conveyor, she leaves and takes the cart back to the front leaving me to pay for it all. The cashiers rarely make any comment at all. Sometimes they look over the counter and ask if there is anything else, and once one asked me if I was sure about the sizes. I never give it much thought anymore and just answer them politely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I use both. I've bought some nice inexpensive clothes from the George range at Asda (Walmart in the US) and then I always go through the George clothes checkout. If I want a single item of makeup such as a lipstick I find its easy to browse for what i want and then i usually go through self service for convenience

Banned Read only
    i tend not to like the idea of taking some low paying, dead end, dull job and giving it to me / no thank you / i do not want to be my own checker, bagger, bellboy just so i can save two cents

Oh come on they are a cop out. I am a rather large guy, but it does not bother me in the least to walk in look around for the right Bra, carry it to the front of the store and purchase it. I know it does help people that are still scared to let anyone know, I was this way for years. Now if I want something or need it, I just go get it. I have had some stange looks when I get a male checker, but he does not want to get fired over a piece of clothing.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Still waiting for enough courage for shopping outside .
    Rain

Banned Read only
    go to a part of toranto where they don't know you and do it / its a big city / they don't care