Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CDR's only please ---- Your Name choice

CDR's only please ---- Your Name choice

when choosing your new Name who choose it?, you your Partner or both together?, and if you already had a name before disclosing to your SO have any of you changed it after, and if so why

Jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    There have been times I thought about changing it but I have been Kristen as long as I've been chatting with people and all know me by that name.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Personally I didn't choose my name so much as it chose me. Of course I see being a tg on a more spiritual level rather than a physical level. It was something that happened before I told my wife about me and she has never said anything about it other than to ask where the name came from or how I chose it. And as far as changing it goes I would never even consider the idea because of the way that I see my whole experience of being a tg. I personally feel that choosing a name for the fem side of a tg is something that is rather personal and should be done by the tg with on outside influence from an so or anyone else for that matter simply becasue the name comes from how we see ourselves and the person that we want to be.

Of course I also know a very prominant ts who was given her fem name by her parents just before she went into the o.r. for srs. Which is in a way a very spiritual thing as well becasue of the fact that the parents were showing their support for their child in a way that only a parent could.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]My SO and I came up with my name sometime after coming out and dressing completely. She loved the name Keely and I liked Jennifer - Smith was simple choice for a last name. My boy initials are in my girl name!! Jennifer Keely Smith- That's me That's who I am!!!

Jennifer [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I choosed my name because I love Raining ,I'm not going to change my name unless there's a reason .
    Rain.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Many years ago, I had a host of names I used, Including Helen Susan, and Carol which I tended to use most. however after a while I changed it to Tracy Victoria, and it kind of stuck and has been the name I've tended to use for the majority of the past years.

Several weeks ago, I found out from my mum, that if I had been born a girl, I would have been called sharon, I was tempted to change it yet again, however I have been Tracy now for so long, it seems a little daft to do so, ie it has no legal binding in my life it just a fem name I tend to use, and people who know about me, know me as Tracy. so Tracy it is.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I looked in the mirror one evening in full dress and makeup and I said my gawd that girl's name is Sasha. I later added Anne to make my name more femmie 'cause Sasha is also a boy name. Meadows is the English translation of my sir name. I love my name and feel that am really this person: Sasha Anne Meadows. Hugs.

is in her vest
    Hi

my Mum gave me my name when I was born...it's the only name anyone ever calls me and it's masculine. Sweet Jane, now that's just a log on. I suppose if I went further with crossdressing then who knows...probably Jane...plain Jane????
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Banned Read only
    I don't have an SO, but i used to go by Amy here. It didn't really fit so i changed it to what my mother was going to call me had i been born in a female body.
    Deborah.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    My SO was trying to help me with a name and she chose one for me that after a while was clear that was not fitting. Rita came along because I always liked that name.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

My wife gave me my name. She claims it is because I'm sassy, French, and a tart. OK, so I'm guilty at times.

Babette

My name is a modification of my middle name and my mother's middle name: Gwen Marie.

My name is a pet name I had for my wife....She doesn't know that I am a member here, although I believe that she suspects it. Anyway, no she doesn't know my name....I may yet change it...

Mine is short for the name that I would have had, if I had been born a female.

Josephine Annette = JoAnn

I picked my own name

My femme name is close to my birth name. I took a female version of my birth name, because I like my (male) name, and I wanted to remain close to my true self.

Cheryl is more than a name. She is a friend of mine. She is a kind and decent person, and a friend to all mankind. She is gentle and caring, and respectful of other people's dignity and worth. I have a lot to learn from Cheryl, I wish that I could be more like her in my male life.

I am going to get ID cards, credit cards, and other identifying documents with Cheryl's name on them. I may even get military "dog tags". I am proud to know Cheryl.
    Cheryl
    Northern VA
    "We live in a world in which the only constant is Change" Heraclitus- 400BC

mine it´s Andrea.
    no particular reason, it just popped into my head the first time I was asked for it.

Smile

I was kind of inspired by the roll Susann Summers played on the show, "Three"s Company". Also I just like the name and think its really fem sounding. Maybe I"ll change it to Susann in the future!!!! Crissy

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    I chose Rachael, just because I liked it Actually, Its Rachael Louise, because I couldn't decide which I liked the best so I kept both The 'b' is my surname initial and 64 well that would be telling

It's just something I made up to log in here. I don't use a name since I only dress for myself, I know who I am already.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

I have had Kristen for over 15 years. May not be the best reason but it was the name of one of my daughter's teammates who was an incredible soccer player and still very feminine. Plus brown hair, brown eyes made it a perfect fit.

I never had a feminine name until I needed a name to sign on here. I just feminized my male name, although my mother teasingly called be Roberta once and a while.

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Same initials, just different name

I kept my same initials so there wouldn't be a problem with any thing I did enfemm My wife really likes the name, says it fits

mrs/Marcie Renee Sexton

I chose my name. My SO doesn't know I crossdress, but if she did, I don't think that she would want me to change my name.
    warmly, Linnea

Like many of the others, my name was dreamt up by my wife. I have to admit I'm not actually particularly fond of it - but it would have been churlish and perhaps ungrateful not to use it!

I saw it as a mark of acceptance and it meant a lot to have a name bestowed upon me, kind of like a birth, rather than just continue with my previous femme name. Come to think of it, my old name was perhaps a little TOO obviously girly anyway!

Perhaps Shirley is a little old fashioned (I'm not!), apologies to the other Shirley's here but it's not contrived.

My Name

My name is similar to my given name. Joann just seems to fit me perfectly. Also my wife knows me as Joann.