Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SHAME ON YOU 'GGs'

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Keely Smith View Post
    It would have been safer to post another panty thread!!!

Jennifer
    What??? with Tamara as Admin??? do you reckon???

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel_TV View Post
    In my opinion , Men have a responsibility , as the strong rugged sex , to live up to it. /sarcasm

We crossdressers should be the first peoples to promote liberty to dress, wear and look anyway we feel like . Not impose our standards like the rest of the society is doing to us

If we can't accept different ways of doing stuff , how can expect other to do the same for us .
    I'd have to agree, Ariel...

Hey Kieron!

The catch word there was safer---not at all safe with the likes of our beloved
    admin!!

Jennifer
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I believe I am pretty laid back and don't let things get to me BUT
    How shallow of you to sit back and say what you think the GG's should wear who are you to tell us to wear make up cause we are the 'pretty sex'. Obviously you haven't heard the expression 'Don't judge a book by its cover'! I for one being a GG dress for comfort and if that means jeans and a t-shirt with no make up then so be it. Remember Jealousy is a curse!!! :mad: :mad:

SHAME ON YOU 'GGs'

Quote Originally Posted by Jere Oneil View Post
    I probably shouldn't even get into this, because, I'm mainly an "underdresser" at least as far as the public thing goes. But I will ad my two cents worth. I think GGs look nice, almost no matter what they wear. I will say, however that I think women look at their best when they are dressed up in something feminine. But, for the GGs, I do respect your need for comfort, and like I said, a pretty girl is pretty even when she isn't all dolled up
    Dare I enter this topic. Most, if not all women look far better as nature intended than we males do with or without makeup. My wife usually wears trousers because that is the most practical form of dress for her. She seldom wears makeup but has no need to. She looks good without artificial enhancements. If we are going out somewhere then manner of dress and appearance are different. Under normal circumstances I am a self declared scruff, (working clothes are practical not elegant as work may involve getting dirty) To go out in male mode getting ready takes about half an hour, my wife takes a similar time to get ready. If I want to get ready to go out in female garb it will take me two hours and my wife will still look better than I can. Not all female jobs require the person to look glamourous and most people will dress as is required for the occasion.
    Susan

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Each their own

I'm all for the girlie girl stuff, it works for me...

If it ain't tore up done mess with it...if the gg's are comfortable good for them...my wife lives in sweats and my "fat" tees..and I'm perfectly comfortable with that too...

...I suppose that the reason for "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

If it works for them < no offense gg's >, it dang well works for me...

My job does not require that I wear a suit and tie to the office, dress pants and shirt are sufficient. If I started wearing a suit and tie my wife would wonder who I'm trying to impress. She really likes it when I do get dressed up which is usually when we're going to a wedding and I like it when she gets dressed up which is usually also for weddings. So, a reason to dress is a big part of the issue. Why would I be dressed up (meaning male clothes) if I didn't have a reason to be? Same for her.

I also work with a lot of women and they dress comfortably, most wear slacks and appropriate blouses or sweaters, and sometimes skirts. I do admit to thinking that if I was a GG I would be wearing skirts most of the time to the office but do I really know what I would do? What if my husband wanted to know why I was always wearing a skirt if I didn't have to, who was I trying to impress? Also, would I be comfortable? Who's eyes am I attracting? What a woman wears is a bigger issue than we think.

The "Shame on you, GGs" was not an appropriate title to begin with and the topic is very shortsighted. However, it definitely stirred up the pot for viewpoints, I don't think you can call it a discussion. Also, I'm sure Penny has been PM'd with a lot of messages, hopefully she hasn't been threatened. I'm sure she has realised that she could have broached the subject in a different manner or just thought about it a bit longer and didn't post it at all.

Bonnie

The best part about it Bonnie was that it stimulated many to tell how they really feel. I consider the whole thing a learning experience. I accept everyone for who they are and value their viewpoint. How would we know sometimes unless something like this comes up and we get to know what each other is thinking? I never assume I know how anyone else feels and I do appreciate the insight.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am sure many nice things can be said about Penny. I'm also sure if I posted all of my thoughts on the world more than a few of them would bring down hellfire and brimstone from keyboards across the world. I am also sure that if you really thought about it you would realize the same thing about yourself. Differences are the spice of life. This forum would get quite boring if everyone was always "oh quite right, we are in prefect agreement" That being said I have to agree with Sharon and others that keeping comments to the topic and not personal attacks is polite, civil, and just the plain old right thing to do. All that being said I stand by my first statement in this thread. Which I will type bellow this rather wordy post (for me anyway) in case you missed/don't remember it and since I stated that I stand by it still:

I really can't believe that a crossdresser would have this opinion. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar

Penny, come back Honey!

Dear Penny,

I have known Genetic Women who have held the same view as you posted. So I see what you have said as unremarkable, however off-putting it has been.

I trust that you were expressing a judgement based on values that have served you in a good way.

Is there a better way you can express yourself, or offer amends, now that you have seen the many responses to your posting ?

Even when you remain fixed and proud of your initial message, I would dearly like to hear your "voice" among us once again.

My want is that no one is alienated through this thread, and certainly not you.

Love,

Roberta

Junior Response Associate Cheryl GG's Avatar
    ....you can look in the mirror and write those words ??????????? ....and even with all the right makeup and all the right clothes....you will still be.....a guy......and me....no matter what I wear or dont wear....I will always be....well, a woman.....and yea you did mean to piss GGs off or you would have rethought that header......
    Last edited by Shelly_P; 01-04-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: language
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]
    ~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt [/SIZE]

OMG, that Troll poster by Ashley in Jersey is a riot! I can't stop laughing, thanks.

As for Penny, I'm coming late to your little Texas sized tea party, but I've got something new for ya:

What'cha bench? Can you press your body weight or more? How about rebuild a 4-barrel carb? Or, throw a good hard uppercut without dislocating a finger (or five)? No? Why not, it's what all men are supposed to be able to do, right? FYI-I can do one of these things really well, one on a good day, and one not at all, but that makes no difference in how folks perceive my masculinity in my drab life.

Welcome to the 20th century, no wait, the 21st century.
    -Sedona

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl GG View Post
    ....you can look in the mirror and write those words ??????????? ....and even with all the right makeup and all the right clothes....you will still be.....a guy......and me....no matter what I wear or dont wear....I will always be....well, a woman.....and yea you did mean to piss GGs off or you would have rethought that header.....
    Your post has little to do with the subject at hand and a lot to do with a very mean and unpleasant personal attack on a member of the forum that quite a lot of us like.

I suggest you rethink your wording.
    Last edited by Sharon; 01-04-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: edited the quoted post to reflect its current state

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    Dear Penny,

I have known Genetic Women who have held the same view as you posted. So I see what you have said as unremarkable, however off-putting it has been.

I trust that you were expressing a judgement based on values that have served you in a good way.

Is there a better way you can express yourself, or offer amends, now that you have seen the many responses to your posting ?

Even when you remain fixed and proud of your initial message, I would dearly like to hear your "voice" among us once again.

My want is that no one is alienated through this thread, and certainly not you.

Love,

Roberta
    Before this gets totally out of hand, It seems we are all a little sensitive and defensive -- It's not like any of us here are perfect, maybe it's time to cut Penny a little slack and show just how accepting and loving we all can be-- what do you say and Roberta
    Born female intended

Yes i will be one of the first to admit i can do my make up in 45 seconds but at the same time it take me just under 20 minutes to do my husbands
    so yes GG are lazy and im on the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Penny, if I were you, I'd put on my cast iron panties... this isn't going to be pretty...
    No truer words have been spoken.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Thumbs down and I had to work today...

Damn, how did I get so lucky to come in on this so late??? Penny, needless to say you DID open up a can of worms. Let me point out that not ALL gg's were born beautiful or even when fully made up don't look spectacular. Unfortunately that is the hand they were dealt. Just like some men are homelier than sin. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean they aren't some of the sweetest people you will ever meet. What a complete sexiest way to start the day. I happen to be one of the fortunate ones. My avatar pic is me sitting at the head of our bed with very little makeup, messed up hair and 48 years old I might add. Don't think that I don't know how lucky I am to have been blessed with good genes. But some of my best friends, no matter how hard they try will never look like I do without trying. You woke up this morning with your claws out and sharpened. The saddest part of this whole thread? You will never be a GG, will never know what we go through from day to day, and will never have to put up with the SHI* that we put up with from our CDing SO's, BF's or husbands and you gurl will never have the insight that a GG has. When all is said and done, you should walk a day in our shoes, and BTW, we don't wear 4" stilletos everywhere we go. You need to come out of hiding and issue a HUGE apologie to GG's everywhere. You're lucky I'm stuck here in Texas or I would have to come whup your A**. Which BTW I am completely capable of doing!
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Penny, I feel for you girl, we have all put our foot in our mouths in our time. You seem to have managed to get both of them in there this time though! You have always seemed like someone who is completely sweet and forgiveable, and I am certain everyone here does forgive your gaff, and you. Please remember how supportive these people all are, and how broad-minded. You see, they are reacting to what you said in your perhaps ill-considered post, they are not really reacting to you peronally. Please let us know how you are doing after all this negativism towards your post, we all wish you well!

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    You're lucky I'm stuck here in Texas or I would have to come whup your A**. Which BTW I am completely capable of doing!
    Penny is from Texas as well. Is there a big ol Texas cat fight in the offing? Meow, Hsss!
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    Damn You're lucky I'm stuck here in Texas or I would have to come whup your A**. Which BTW I am completely capable of doing!
    hey girl friend
    Certainly there is alot of truth to that statement but really folks did any one bring any hotdogs or maybe some marshmallows to this roast man that fires hot. Good reminder to always be self deprecating!!

Jennifer
    Last edited by Kelsy; 01-04-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    Born female intended

At a level I'm okay with Jane GG's Avatar
    You must be kdding me?! This is just a joke, right? How could such a completely hypocritical, sexist comment be made? Because I don't coat my face in waxes and artificial colours, I'm unattractive? Tell the Ivory Girl she's hideous because she is natural! Because I don't wear heels everytime I go out, I am "unfeminine"? You scathe us for saying we would make you feel unmasculine for wearing certain clothing, yet it is acceptable to tell us we are unfeminine for NOT wearing something? Maybe I'm more accepting because I don't live and die by the feminine/masculine roles set by society. Would you rather have a society of women who accept anyone for how they dress or be unaccepted and have us all dress like Donna Reed?! Make up your mind! Stop acting like you want your cake and to eat it too lest you choke on it! Last time I checked pretty does not equate to how much makeup I wear or what heels I am in. How superficial your statement is and so incredibly offensive! You don't want to be judged? Well don't expect from others what you don't expect from yourself!

At a level I'm okay with Jane GG's Avatar
    And I think you'd better think twice about who should be shamed!

I don't think anything will be served by leaving this thread open any longer.

Penny, if you would like to say something -- a defense, a clarification, or whatever, please contact me and I will open the thread again.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe