Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This site?

This site?

Is there anyone out there who would not dare share this site with their significant other? Am I the only one who is affraid to show their SO this site? I dont know what my S.O. would think about this site.

I won't tell her about this site,but I think my kids know I'm a member here.
    Rain

I haven't shared this site with my SO. I have mixed feelings about it. Part of it is that I enjoy being able to speak freely without being answerable to her for what I say, and I would lose that luxury if she read my posts. But I realize that I am losing the opportunity to talk with her about CDing a little more than I do. I'm not sure whether she would want to look at it, though. She'd just as soon this part of me didn't exist.

Nancy
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Banned Read only
    would she feel better reading all this stuff

My wife knows that I x-dress. She knows I'm often sharing ideas and making comments on x-dressing related forums and let me do it. But she doesn't want to talk about it.

So it is unlikely that she would ever want to get on this or any other sites that discuss x-dressing...

Knowing her she may very well have "googled" the subject since she is quite open minded in general and fond of internet sources, but with her husband, this is hitting to close to home...

Eugenie

I honestly don't think my SO would approve of a site like this now.

At one time she tried to talk me into us going to a local venue which has an evening for crossdressers, at the time I wasn't ready. Now that I am ready, she no longer is, and I'm not too certain that she would even be very keen on the idea of me going alone.

(But then I'm not sure that I would be too keen on that idea, either )

Just a peice of info. Just for laughs this morning I did a yahoo search for deakane. To my surprise it pulled up atleast 2 or 3 of the post that I have made here on this forum. They were all on the first page of the search results too. Kind of made me think a little.

In the closet so I don't share my participation here with my friends or family. A shame really as it would be nice to relate to them some of the interesting discussions here.

Gunda
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi

Quote Originally Posted by deakane View Post
    Just a peice of info. Just for laughs this morning I did a yahoo search for deakane. To my surprise it pulled up atleast 2 or 3 of the post that I have made here on this forum. They were all on the first page of the search results too. Kind of made me think a little.

Ditto's ! I'm getting spam in my gurl name as well.

I'm a SO, and have only been with my past/possible future CDing partner for a few months, but this site has been an eyeopener for me - yes, there's lots about makeup and clothes but there are also gems like this that give me a small insight into minds other than mine and my SO's. And it's really helping me!

If your SO is supporting you anyway to even a small degree, then am sure she'll be OK with it - it doesn't go far away from her ever, and can create big lows in her even if she's the most supportive person you know, but knowing there's someone out there you can "talk" to is great!

Maybe print off some of the more insightful threads for her to read first, then decide what to do.

Good luck

Sorry, I tell Jean everything! She is glad that I found this forum! It has done so much for me.
    Love DAVIDA

Yes and no

I wouldn't have any problem with her reading any of my posts, but there ARE posts on here by others I wouldn't care for her to see. (Wow - THAT sounds holier than thou doesn't it?!)

Kim
    Last edited by TxKimberly; 01-05-2007 at 06:59 AM.

I can understand why some would not like their SO to see this site for some it would proably scare the living daylights out of them, but they can learn a lot from here and also realise that they are not one their own, other GGs are here in the same situation.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    No, I would not want her to look at this forum. There are too many threads about a cross dressing guy who wants to have sex with other men. Then there are the posts where someone writes something like "I become a real woman when dressed instead of a man, so it's OK to seduce and have sex with other men." That sounds nutty to me and I'm TG. I probably sounds way out there insane to the uninitiated.

It's hard enough being TG with a spouse who is does accept it. Some of the crazy things I have seen here would just make things worse -- much worse.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

Short Skirts & Long Legs

She knows, urges caution

My wife know I visit here often...calls it my site ...The only thing she stresses to me is caution...for me, her and my son, which isn't all that unusual...< gotta know the area > but then I would suppose all of us need to do the same, yet I feel comfortable and at ease here with all my friends.

My wife introduced ME to the site...so i never had to make that decision...i was concerned about the whole "how honest can i be here" thing so we agreed that neither of us could use in any way anything the other posted here against them or to start an argument, prove a point, whatever. so far it has worked well. i am glad she has this site as it has helped her when i wasnt able or just didnt understand, I am glad i have this site as it has helped me to understand things i could not wrap my little brain around...so for us it has been a saving place, for our marriage and our sanity, wouldnt want it any other way...gary

I agree that finding something that's more extreme than the norm would be very scary, and there are some GG's who will look for it just out of curiosity. But if you're honest with them and they trust you, surely they'll understand where you stand with all that?

But you need to remember that there's plenty of info of all sorts out there for CDs, but nothing for us partners unless we go to sites like this - and when I was looking, I found many other sites that did scare me because of the obsessiveness of the writers!

If ever you feel isolated and lonely, please remember that there is a big support network out there for CD's - there isn't one for us, so how lonely is that? I'm in a chat room, talking to people I don't know, possibly 1000,s of miles away, yet not knowing what's going on in my SO's head when it's right next to me. Instead of being able to go out with a friend and get advice & support, I have to mask my feelings with trivial day to day stuff til he comes home, then try to get it all out in one go which can cause problems.

As someone said earlier on another thread, is it too much to hope that we'll understand you, when perhaps you don't understand yourself?

Gary - just read your post - v encouraged by what you say so maybe I'll do the same at some point. At the moment this is my little comfort zone & want to keep it as that for a short while.

Thank you!
    Ex

Well My SO knows about this site and she helps me fraze my words sometimes when I pose a question or a idea but she does not want to invade my space here which I have welcome her to do, but she feels that I need a place beside my councilor and home life to express my self.... And yes I have invited her to join up

Junior Response Associate Cheryl GG's Avatar
    I found this site before he did....I love him - this is a part of him and I want to know all I can know about every part of him....I cant hide from things - never have been able to......and its been easier on us to talk with other cders and SOs.....but thats us....I would suggest it to any couple.....just my .....xoxoxoxoxoxC/
    Last edited by Cheryl GG; 01-05-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]
    ~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt [/SIZE]

Though my ex knew about this site, I wouldn't have recommended her to visit it, because she would have found a lot of her concern affirmed.
    That's a pity, 'cause there is a lot of usufull information here too.
    Last edited by Marla S; 01-05-2007 at 09:50 AM.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    My ex knew I was a member of a webgroup, but wanted nothing to do with a place where "you get makeup and sex tips!" Oh well....wouldn't have wanted to inflict her on you gals anyhow.

My current girlfriend IS a member here...HEY PRINCESS !!!

Emily Ann
    Last edited by Emily Ann Brown; 01-05-2007 at 09:51 AM.

OOCDRESSER I agree with you.This is a great site but our degree of cding and our goals go from a to z and for us married ones it could be confusing and just add to her fears of where is my husdand fit in all of this .If i do come out to the wife i.ll let her get her feet wet in some tri-ess sites because their goal seems to be more about married CDers and their family's and they carry some good info for our SO's

I would think that my SO would join this forum, but since she does not know about my other self, there is NO WAY I would introduce her to this site or any other CD site.

Well if you are out to your wife....I guess it depends on how much her scope of knowledge if on the tg spectrum.

I mean, if you are a newbie and never even knew what crosssdressing was, and you come here, well it can be an eye-opener toa whole world going on right below the surface of the world they *thought* they knew. I certainly have seen some gg friends not involved with the community marvel at how much info can be learned on this subject, the vast numbers alone are staggering.

And if someone deos nto know all the ermanology, well it can be intimidating and scary.

I also think if you have a spouse who is pretty firmly entreched in non-acceptance then chances are, this site won't make or change her opinion to the positive. Not because it is racy or taudry...just because there are things which might contradict info you have given her about WHO you are.

I think a big mistake SO's who are new make is lumping people in the communtiy into one bg pot. Assuming all must want to eventually transition or sexualy experiment or just generally make sweeping assumptions.

I am not *jaded* per se', but I have been around it for almost ten years now as a participating part of it. I have pretty much seen everything there is to see, and nothing shocks or surprises me anymore...well on occasion maybe! , but mostly I am pretty much numb to anything which would ever make me question my husband. One thing alot of wives do is read somethign they consider disturbing and then start thinking that this will happen to their guy ...plants seeds of questioning, even when there is maybe nothing to worry about.

You have to know to some extent how your wife processes info....if you don't think she can handle it....well maybe she can't. Opening one's mind up to experinces which are completely outside of your life experince takes very special people.