Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a hobby or what?

Hobby??? I think calling CDing a hobby is right up there with calling homosexuality a choice.

Why would anyone choose something that they know is going to make a fair number of other people dislike, hate, kill (fill in your own word) you?

I don't ever remember telling myself, "I think I'll be a CD!", it was just there!

You want to wear a WHAT??

Cding is definatly a hobby or pastime for me. I do not wish to become woman permanantly just occasionally. The more special the occasion the better!!

Banned Read only
    being forced to choose i always pick the 'or what' just to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonDragon View Post
    Hobby??? I think calling CDing a hobby is right up there with calling homosexuality a choice.

Why would anyone choose something that they know is going to make a fair number of other people dislike, hate, kill (fill in your own word) you?

I don't ever remember telling myself, "I think I'll be a CD!", it was just there!

I agree whole heartedly!!!!! It's who I am, not something I consciously chose to do like making model cars, writing, reading, or basket weaving!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

As a hobby it beats model airplanes, although I enjoy the buzz from the glue. For me though it goes beyond being a hobby, crossdressing is one of the things that define my identity.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Content and Happy
    This is my lifestyle. As my body moves from male to female so goes my mind. It's been that way for a long time, and I love the changes. I keep the male around for some things, just can't remember what they are sometimes.

Lanore

Marla all of the above
    Angie

For me it left hobby when I was 16. I put a gun to my head and tried to kill myself. I have sat in the corner in the dark and cried for hours. I have spent years hating myself. Trying to be something else. So no it is not a hobby it is life.

Tiffy

P.S. - Any crossdresser I know has said that they have battled depression and even suicide thoughts. How the heck can that be a hobby? Would you blow your head off for a freakin model train? I think not..........
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

A totally obsessive, uncontrollable hobby in the continuing pursuit of absolutely passing as a female. Do not want to live as one, just want to pass as one sometimes. Don't know why...other than it feels good.

Aspiring Member
    Marla if dressing is avenue for u to feel better during bad times, thats a good thing, u should continue to embrace it, dressing for some is like a feel good pill if u will its give the person a feel of euphroia, so i say take it as a continue hobby or take it too the next level whatever that might be for u.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Hobby? Obsession? Escapism? An ex girlfriend of mine called it my whim.

Maybe it the some part of all of these things...........

But we have fought our own personal angst over crossdressing.

Or maybe we are trying to answer the a question nobody ask yet!

Why is a big question.............

For me, crossdressing is a sexual experience which allows me to escape reality and work on my hobby, which is applying lipstick!

It is what It is...

How do you like that answer?