Thread: Tri-ESS without spouse?

Tri-ESS without spouse?

I don't know a thing about Tri-ESS, but can a married CD attend without his spouse?

Is there a Tri-ESS national organization? I'd love to learn more about it.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlenderGurl View Post
    I don't know a thing about Tri-ESS, but can a married CD attend without his spouse?

Is there a Tri-ESS national organization? I'd love to learn more about it.
    Tri-ess homepage :-http://www.tri-ess.org/
    Tri-ess list of chapters:- http://www.tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html

Slendergurl,

Yes it is possible to attend TriEss meeting without your spouse. I do, as my wife is totally unsupportive with my dressing. While she doesn't like me going to these meetings she knows I joined to get support, and it was recommended by my therapist.

If there is a TriEss chapter in your area, make contact. You will have a interview meeting before you get to come to a chapter meeting. My suggestion is to go wearing clear nail polish, as it will show you are serious. That is what I did, and when I noticed the clear polish on the contact person, I pointedly showed mine. It helped to break the ice.

Check out the links Kieron posted.

Helen in OK

I also attend Tri-ess without my non-supportive spouse. For the first few months they were "Business meetings" but then she caught on. Still not supporting--but sometimes she buys food or cookies for me to take to meetings.

I have been to 2 meetings so far and am single. I have noticed that most in attendance are there by themseleves, whether they are married or not, or have supportive SO's or not I am not sure.

I do know that they have made me feel nothing less than welcome and have been very supportive and understanding. I recommend that you contact your local group and relate your concerns, I'm sure they will make you feel very welcome.

Good luck and have a great time.
    Shannon

Would like to hear of your experiences!

I have been to one (1) meeting of a CD support group (NOT Tri-ess). I went alone, no problem! (I was single at that time). Although I am not a Tri-Ess member, I do not see how they could have any objection to your attending alone. Please pursue, and let us know how it turns out for you.
    Cheryl
    Northern VA
    "We live in a world in which the only constant is Change" Heraclitus- 400BC

Smile TriEss

TriEss is an orgnization for heterosexual CD's, their spouses and children. If you are interested in attending (solo is fine) you need to contact Jane Ellen Fairfax at JEFTRIS@aol.com and she will put you in contact with a TriEss Chapter. You will be interviewed before your first meeting and then the fun starts. You will meet many great gals and their SO's and in some cases even children. TriEss is a support group for CD's AND their spouses with many activites both local and national. TriEss is a perfect fit for me and may or may not be for you. However, you will never know unless you learn about the group. Good luck.

Hugs, Deena

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    TriEss is an orgnization for heterosexual CD's, their spouses and children. If you are interested in attending (solo is fine) you need to contact Jane Ellen Fairfax at JEFTRIS@aol.com and she will put you in contact with a TriEss Chapter. You will be interviewed before your first meeting and then the fun starts. You will meet many great gals and their SO's and in some cases even children. TriEss is a support group for CD's AND their spouses with many activites both local and national. TriEss is a perfect fit for me and may or may not be for you. However, you will never know unless you learn about the group. Good luck.

Hugs, Deena
    SlenderGurl,

I don't know your location but the Tri-Ess chapter in Atlanta is one of the more active chapters. We have a great supportive group of wifes/SO that attend quite regularly. My wife goes if the weekend activites is something she is interested in.

I am a member of Tri-Ess and would love to go to a meeting but, alas, there are no chapters in the SF Bay area.

Karen Sue