Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow!!! I am at the office during the day en femme!

Quote Originally Posted by jessicadiane
    Stephanie,
    You make a really good point but wouldn't be great if it was true and there was no recourse.In our dreams of course.But if you can't fantasize what is the point of being alive
    Oh it would be great! I want to wear a pink suit to work! It's just that I want to be employed the next day.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Smile Can you get me a job

Rachel

That is completely fantastic. Like everyone else here we all wish we had a job like that. I'm from the south but I would brave the winters for a job like that. You are having a terrific day. How I envy you. Enjoy it for me and the rest of us that can't do it.

Donna Louise
    Last edited by Donna Louise; 01-27-2005 at 07:27 PM.
    Life - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Question

fact or fiction?i am on the fence

Still Learning
    Rachel: My computer has been acting up lately a bit. Your avatar is missing.
    [size=4]*Marlene*[/size]

It is better to be "immortal" than "mortal"

Wish I worked in an office

Well If the story is true, then I am jealous. I work in a factory and of course nothing like that would be tolerated and it isn't. A cd was fired several months ago for coming to work dressed (violation of dress code). I shave my legs from september to march, so there is a fear of getting caught. I never wear undergarments due to the high risk of getting hurt. Two weeks ago, I fell off of a machine at work and my jeans snagged a corner ripping them from the ankle to right above my knee. I had a bad cut on my knee that was bleeding pretty bad. Although I should have gone to the hospital for stitches, I couldn't because my supervisor would have looked at the wound and saw I shaved my legs. I had to put tape around my jeans so people wouldn't be able to tell I shaved them. I wish all I had to worry about is paper-cuts, then I would wear undergarments to work

Amber
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

Wink Wink

I am assuming the winking icon in the original posting means this story is either a joke, or just a fantasy. Certainly has that feel.

Girls have more fun!!

Oh, you doubters! It be true, not false.

My mother told that there would be doubters. My mother also always told me to tell the truth. The truth:

1. Yes, I did go to work dressed as described. I had my blonde TV anchor woman hair style. I wore black flats, black skirt, and a turteneck sweater...and, dangly earrings.

2. Yes, I was daring someone to stop by an chat. 300 hundred people work in this office and not one, not one, stopped by to introduce themselves to the "new girl." I thought that one of the women in this office would because she looked like she wanted to but my glass door was shut.

3. I was up an about several times...getting coffee, going to the women's room, getting coffee, going to the women's room, and then the copier.

4. I had one of the males actually hold the door open for me as I was leaving for the day. We just smiled at each other.

5. My boss[s] wouldn't say anything because they seldom leave their offices. Most of my communication was on conference calls and emails that day. I way a typing fool!

6. My day continued...I went back to my hotel and changed into heels and a nice white starched blouse. I went to Morton's at 5:15 PM to have a cocktail and eat dinner. I was greeted by the maitre de by name, shown my seat in the dining room,
    and introduced to my server as "Rachel." The maitre de then said: "You have met Rachel before, correct? The server responded yes." I had a fantasitic cosmopolitan.
    I then had a glass of white wine with sea scallops wrapped in bacon. I then had a phenominal glass of red wine with a rib eye served with brocoli. I finished the meal with berries and gran marnier whipped cream and a glass of port. As I left, the manager indicated that they had updated their computer with my visit and my name and preferences.

7. I then went shopping. I went to Nordstroms, talked to the personal touch assistant . She worked with me to get the right size Misook knit suit and shell. She gave me her card and said that I should call her any time I wanted something and she would have it ready for me.

Now....if you don't believe me, arrange a time when you would like to visit my office and go to dinner. If you don't want to join me en femme, then you can "pretend" to be my shy male companion.

Nanananananah!
    Rachel Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Wow! That sounds like an awesome day there Rachel Elizabeth! How was your hair done? Did you get a set? What kind of manicure did they do on you (what products were used, etc)? You got this all done in a salon, right? Did you go there en femme too? I LOVE salon stories

I don't remember seeing any photos of you on this forum. You definitely have to have some, and I just know you look fantastic - so how about sharing? I am willing to help you if you don't know how to post a photo.

DanaJ
    Rachael - again I say what a fantastic day it sounds like you had! But you didn't answer my questions, so I quoted them for you above. I want to hear about your day at the salon too, that sounds like so much fun!

DanaJ

Girls have more fun!!

Smile My Day at the Salon!! Just for Dana!

Rachael - again I say what a fantastic day it sounds like you had! But you didn't answer my questions, so I quoted them for you above. I want to hear about your day at the salon too, that sounds like so much fun!

DanaJ
    I live in Indianapolis but work frequently at the Itasca Il office. I did a search on the web and found a salon about 2 miles from the office. I called them and talked with Debbie. I told her my name was Rachel and asked if it would be awkward for them. They responded: no, come on in. That was three sessions ago.

Session 1: Had my nails done...berry colored. Had my brows shaped and waxed.
    Was wearing casual slacks, a sweater, and slides. Wore my short highlighted wig.

Session 2: Had my nails done...sparkly berry. Had a body wax and brow wax. Had my wig styled. We had a little fun with it...instead of the conservative business woman look, we did a little "wild" arrangement. I was there for about 2 and half hours and really had great conversations about being a girl, what girls do, learned about the lives of the girls working with me, etc. Wore a skirt, blouse, casual shoes.

Session 3: most recent...since I am in the system as Rachel, there were three girls there..no other customers. We spent a lot of time just girl talking. They were sort of jealous and I was clearly jealous. It was a really sweet time. I cannot tell you how feminine I felt. As I was leaving, another lady came in - the girls all yelled goodbye and come back soon.

hugs....
    Rachel Elizabeth

That all sounds sooo much fun Rachel!! I go to salons a lot myself, so I know what you mean when you feel like one of the girls. Isn't it great?

But mainly, I was wondering about the salon session you had on Monday January 24. What polish do they use at that salon? Did you get your wig styled then, or your hair styled, I was a bit confused about that part. What kind of wig do you have? How did they do your brows, did you get them done femme? Is it a privated-owned salon or part of a chain?

Thanks for your answers, I just love salon stories! BTW, if you look that good that you could pass at your office, you should show some pix here - I am sure we would all love to see them...

DanaJ

Well, with all these names provided, the story MUST be true! Tell us more Rachel Elizabeth!

kumquats anyone?
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Rachel Elizabeth, you are so lucky to have an enclosed office at your work. All we have here is cubicles and I would have been found out within five minutes of getting here, if I ever made it past security.

Wow Rachel, I'm impressed.

I'd love to work for your company, if only for going through an entire day w/o interruptions! I have an opaque door, and they STILL knock on it. Must be an east coast kinda thang.

You know, though, it sounds as though your company may have a bit of a security problem. I don't know about your area, but around the northern Virginia area, if an unknown person were sitting at a desk in someone's office, that would be noticed very quickly and challenged. "Who is it? Visitor? Spouse? Contractor? Do they have permission to be working in that person's office at that desk?" Corporate espionage can wreck a company's bottom line. Given that you have a glass door and you know at least one person noticed you, I think it is pretty safe to say that you were observed by some people in your workplace.

(Love, let me give you a hint or two. I write science fiction and fantasy short stories for fun. Fiction needs to be believable in order to draw the reader. "Superlative everything" and "extraordinary everything" puts you in with high schoolers and sitcom writers. It's boring and banal, and an insult to the intelligence of your readers. Lying in real life about a single item is bound for failure; passing a fiction as truth is an art few have mastered, though failures are legion. If you're going to post fantasies, 1) Learn how to write them; 2) Go out and get some life experience that you can include in your stories.)
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Elizabeth
    Now....if you don't believe me, arrange a time when you would like to visit my office and go to dinner. If you don't want to join me en femme, then you can "pretend" to be my shy male companion.
    I'd call your bluff in a heartbeat if I could, no shyness necessary. And I would bet the dinner check you'd be a no-show.

Nanananananah!
    We're dealing with an adolescent here, one who is obviously enjoying jerking chains. I'm done with this thread, and with its originator. As far as I'm concerned, he will be talking to himself from now on.

Girls have more fun!!

Oh, my, we still have doubters!

Bet a paycheck, huh? Okay. You're on. By the way, you would lose.

Re: my workplace. Nope. Security is really good. We have coded entry. I used my badge and walked into the office before the masses. The office is a flex office...in otherwords, you don't have a fixed cubicle or closed door office. Every one has to reserve space two hours before they need it. The inner offices have "sliding glass doors" so people walk back and forth all the time. Half the time, those folks who walk by don't know other folks. [That speaks to a different issue or problem.] That being the case, unless you put you name tag on the door, they don't know who is there unless they recognize them.

Re: salon......I purchased a blondish, below the shoulders wig. I didn't like the way it looked so I ask them to trim and style it. The girls who did it were in their late 20's.
    They did an excellent job of trimming and styling. It originally was a center part and they all suggested changing it to more of side part with part of the hair draping over
    the right eye. The last session, I went with feminine shaping. In the past two sessions, I moved slowly toward shaping...this time, I finished it. They chose a gorgeous "Twinkle
    Pink." I was surprised how pretty it looked on instead of in the bottle.

As to whether you believe my post or not, I do push the edge. My company is California based and is very liberal. Had someone stopped me to chat, I would not have had a problem. If they started something, I would have walked them to HR with me and had a chat. What I have found out through going dressed in public is that
    people who work for me don't even recognize me when I am en femme. I attended a meeting in St. Louis and stayed at the Creve Ceur Mariott Courtyard. I was walking out of my room for dinner when two people who have reported to me for four years came down the hall. They smiled, I smiled and kept going. The next day at our meeting, nothing was said or mentioned. If I am at work, I wear good women's business attire.

If any of you live in the burbs around Chicago and want to "test" the veracity of my story, let me know. We can arrange a meet and you can be my witnesses.

my, my, my.

What is the worst that can happen? Can they send me to Viet Nam? I doubt it.
    Can they fire me? No. We don't have a dress code and I wasn't creating any problems. I was doing my work. If they push, I tell them that I am transitioning. Once I tell them that, HR stands behind me. You just have to do your research.

For those who believe me, believe me....it was an incredible experience. It was exhilerating. It had that hint of danger...the thrill of daring to be caught. I actually
    walked into the office of one the women who walked by when I was there and struck up a conversation [in my male form.] She didn't have a clue. I have known her for 9 years.

bye, bye!!
    Rachel Elizabeth

Girls have more fun!!

Your loss.....

Quote Originally Posted by sherribicd
    I'd call your bluff in a heartbeat if I could, no shyness necessary. And I would bet the dinner check you'd be a no-show.

We're dealing with an adolescent here, one who is obviously enjoying jerking chains. I'm done with this thread, and with its originator. As far as I'm concerned, he will be talking to himself from now on.
    That's a shame. I thank you for your compliment since I am in my mid-fifties. I have always taken care of myself.

So, the thing you should know, is....I never talk to myself, although it might be the most intelligent exchange I have had.

Good bye.....
    Rachel Elizabeth

Re: salon......I purchased a blondish, below the shoulders wig. I didn't like the way it looked so I ask them to trim and style it. The girls who did it were in their late 20's.
    They did an excellent job of trimming and styling. It originally was a center part and they all suggested changing it to more of side part with part of the hair draping over
    the right eye. The last session, I went with feminine shaping. In the past two sessions, I moved slowly toward shaping...this time, I finished it. They chose a gorgeous "Twinkle
    Pink." I was surprised how pretty it looked on instead of in the bottle.
    Rachel, agian I say that is a great story and you are to be commended. I meant, what type of wig was it? Synthetic or human hair? Who made the wig, because I am always interested in getting new wigs that look good and can be restyled. Polishes sometimes look very different in the bottle than on nails, I agree. Who made the polish? Most salons (90% or so) use OPI polishes, is that the polish? I would love to find out who makes it, sounds like a yummy color.

If you do not want to answer here, you can always PM me And, since you do all that in public, you have to look fantastic - can you please post a pic?

DanaJ

Quote Originally Posted by sherribicd

Hmmm... Come to think of it... Should I believe your stories?

We have no reason to doubt the veracity of the story and we're not doing scientific research... if She's jerking our chain, then i say "c'mon give it a tug."

I for one believe... but then I also believe in a lot of things... ;-)

Megan

Girls have more fun!!

Whoops....My misunderstanding!

Rachel, agian I say that is a great story and you are to be commended. I meant, what type of wig was it? Synthetic or human hair? Who made the wig, because I am always interested in getting new wigs that look good and can be restyled. Polishes sometimes look very different in the bottle than on nails, I agree. Who made the polish? Most salons (90% or so) use OPI polishes, is that the polish? I would love to find out who makes it, sounds like a yummy color.

If you do not want to answer here, you can always PM me And, since you do all that in public, you have to look fantastic - can you please post a pic?

DanaJ
    It was OPI polish, and, in fact, one of the girls was wearing it on hers and commented.
    This particular wig is synthetic and I purchased from a salon where they also have wigs for those women undergoing chemo. I found out from the girl at the salon [who use to work at one the hair replacement firms you see advertising on TV] that I can get a wig made to order of human hair for around $500-700. According to her, you go in and actually go through virtual design to arrive at a wig style that is the most becoming to you. It is also like having custom shoes...they "build" it to your exact measurements.

She is supposed to send me an email with whom I should contact.

Hugs....
    Rachel Elizabeth

It was OPI polish, and, in fact, one of the girls was wearing it on hers and commented.
    This particular wig is synthetic and I purchased from a salon where they also have wigs for those women undergoing chemo. I found out from the girl at the salon [who use to work at one the hair replacement firms you see advertising on TV] that I can get a wig made to order of human hair for around $500-700. According to her, you go in and actually go through virtual design to arrive at a wig style that is the most becoming to you. It is also like having custom shoes...they "build" it to your exact measurements.

She is supposed to send me an email with whom I should contact.

Hugs....
    Thanks Rachel, I will check with my nail tech tonight about that OPI polish when I go for my weekly. Hmmmm, I thought that synthetic wigs could not be cut or especially restyled, as the shape is pretty much locked in when they make them. I will ask my makeover lady who owns her own salon and is an instructor when I see her next week.... I know you cannot use a curling iron or anything hot to reshape them, as the synthetic material melts...

Thanks for the answers, I really appreciate it! BTW, any chance of seeing a pic anytime soon Maybe just an avatar?

DanaJ

Maybelline has Twinkle Pink in Express Finish Glitter
    DonnaT

My company is California based and is very liberal.
    Mine's Massachusetts based, and I refer to it as Berkeley East.

I hear ya sellin', but I ain't buyin'.
    Stephanie

Still Learning

Rachel Elizabeth

What a wonderful fantasy that we all have, that you actually lived !!! Wow how fortunate you are to be able to live in the "other world" and fully function and especially at work!!! where, we all spend most of our lives.
    What a wonderful dream land that is.
    You are my envy and heroine.

I would need to see some photos of you, so I can duplicate what you have done, so that I may be accepted in my office as a genuine female.

Thank you so much for posting this thread. It has given us all the inspiration we need to fulfill our dreams.

It is too bad, what you said it is not true.. Maybe someday huh??
    [size=4]*Marlene*[/size]

It is better to be "immortal" than "mortal"

Rachel You go girl.

Until you tell me otherwise, I would love to go to work with you, but that would be in the future.
    Thanks for sharing!!

Wife said no

I told my wife that we are moving to the left coast so I can get an office job and go to work 'dressed' all the time. She said no. I told her fine, then we are going to move to Virginia so I can get an office job and go to work 'dressed' all the time. Again she said no. She is so unfair, lol.

Although she did say that if we win the lottery, I can develop/ publish a monthly cd magazine (I always wanted to write a magazine for cd's). She said I can go to that job dressed all the time.

Oh God, please let me win the lottery......

lol

Amber
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004