Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is shopping so hard

Why is shopping so hard

So I was walking thru Walmart tonight. Walking from Electronic to Mens to get some socks. Of course I had to go right thru the ladies department. Well right there on the end of an aisle there was a black velvet dress, just screaming at me. "RAYCHEL HERE I AM" There was no one around so I stopped and looked, only $13.00, OK Time to grow a pair of (you know whats) and buy the thing. Do you think that I could muster up the courage to put it in the shopping cart. So I walked to the cashier in the garden shop. Only one cashier there, and there was no one in line.

I think to myself "Of course, I could have picked up that dress and no-one would have known"

So why is it that I can't go into a shop and buy a dress for myself, When I can walk right into a Dress Barn and buy clothes for my wife all day long. Why does my wife not have a problem shopping for clothes for me and the other boys in the family. But there is some wall that make it so I can't make this little purchase.

OK That is enough of my rant. Just mad at myself.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Been there

For years I had a terrible time trying to buy for myself, but then one day i just figured that I would buy a few things for myself come hell or hi water, and so I did...now I have the rep. of being such a wonderful husband always buying something nice for my wife...

Of course she gets her share, don't get me wrong, but Marcie gets her cut too...step up and do the do...you'll never regret it...today I spent over an hour in the unmentionables trying to find a matching set of bra/pantie...and no one ever questioned me, other than to ask if I needed help...GO FOR IT

Well to tell the truth....no one cares what you buy and your the only one that's embarased..... So just do it!!!! And if your still a little embarased try this trick..... Go to Kohl's or anywhere that has unnattended dressing rooms.... pick up a couple pair of slacks, a polo shirt and a dress and a few skirts.... place the slacks and shirt over the fem things if you wish... go to the men's dressing room and try on the fem items.... loose the male things and buy the dress!!! Ask for a gift reciept will make it look like it's a gift!!!

Now be gone!!! GO!! SHOP!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

karren i'll bet you don't go through all of that i bet you just brouse and try/buy what you want i think it just takes time to build confedence and time to realize you care more than all the people in the store . personaly i like to talk to the other shoppers andget ideas

I love to try things on in the stores and get the SA's opinion on them. I also love to complement the other femme shoppers on their outfits or the items they are buying!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

I get a high off buying women's clothes. It gives me a rush of domination knowing that in a society of set standards, I can go against it, and flaunt it it most cases. BTW a good place to shop Is Ross dress for less at 7:30pm for the shy gals out there

Raychel, quit obssessing and do it! Are you saying that it is harder than going in for that job interview for the job you really want? Or harder than asking for your wife's hand in marrige? You've done hard before dear, just do it, and then you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Go get 'em girl! Thars clothes out thar!

I know what you mean. It helps if you can feel like you have a reason for being there. Today I went to three value villages to find a winter jacket for her and him. At first I was nervous looking at the woman's jackets so I started with the mens, I didn't find a mens one, but I soon thought to myself, what the hell, why not look for a jacket for her while I'm here. They just don't know who her is.

Anyways, I found a really really nice women's swade jacket...but with no price. Ended up walking around with the darn thing trying to find someone to price it. Ended up going through several sales people and in the end I got it for $15. The guy doing the price said, "is it a woman's or male jacket? The girl who first served me said, "male" and I corrected her to say it was a womens. No odd comments or looks from them and felt no need to explain, I just would have said something funny like "for $15 it better fit her". The more I do it the easier it is.

I know exactly where you are coming from Raychel.

I have bought a few things for myself before, the last purchases were before Christmas so I had the perfect excuse of a gift.

Last week I had the opportunity to spend an afternoon at the mall and do some shopping. I had a mental list of what I wanted to buy. First stop before getting to the mall was at Payless, for a pair of flats which they didn't have but the girl in the store was great, no problems here at all.

Then I made it into the mall. I went in through Sears and there was a tweed skirt that caught the corner of my eye, so decided to check this out on the way back. Well got into the mall and it was crazy busy. In retrospect this could have been a good thing, but somewhere between checking the map to find out where the store was and getting there, all my excitement at an afternoon of shopping had turned into "How can I possibly go in there and buy girl stuff?".

I ended up leaving the mall and didn't even go back to Sears and sitting in the parking lot reading a book while waiting for my wife to get out of her appointment. I actually think that her disappointment at me not buying anything was as big as mine.
    The next day we made up for it and went to Old Navy together and I got some lovely things, there was a coat I couldn't decide on and left it in the store.

Well one of the tops needed to be returned and so I took the opportunity to buy the coat whilst taking the top back, thankfully they still had it.
    Now for the punchline, while I was paying for the coat two girls joined the line behind me. The cashier made a comment on how everyone loves these coats and the two girls started talking about where they were in the store, before I was done one of them had headed back into the store to get one herself.
    Pretty much made my day.

Why should two days be so different? Not sure of that one, but I am beginning to realise that most of the attention we think we are getting is in our heads.

Happy shopping.

Joanne.
    [SIZE="3"]All it takes is a little Pixie Dust![/SIZE]

Maybe the difference in you buying clothes for your wife and being ok with it vs buying clothes for yourself is in knowing they are for you, which in turn makes you a little giddy or excited (not in a sexual way, but in a YaY! way) and therefore makes you nervous that people will some how know you are buying them for you.

But just throw all that aside and GO SHOP!!!!!!! Its the best feeling of a job well done and then you can go home and model them for yourself or your SO!!!

-Nicole
    -Nicole

Raychel just do it after the 1st time you won't have a problem again
    Angie

Raychel,

This happens to me also. I go in for my wife and could by her absolutely anything. I go in for Colleen and and I'm the only one sweating in 20 degree weather. This is why I don't play poker.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

I started by pretending in my mind that I WAS buying it for someone else. That was my story and I was sticking to it, so I just played the part. Gradually got to the point where if I held it up to me and someone saw so what. Have tried a few things on in the store since then.

It's an evolutionary scale. Start with the mind games if you have to. Eventually when you're ready you'll be feeling free to be yourself.

Just remember, most places, if you got the $ you get what you want. They WANT to sell it to you. Why, for what, etc....none of their business. You got $13.00, you got a dress.

You'll be okay. In the cart next time. You know that.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Basically, men can be a bunch of idiots. There is a stigma about being in the women's section. For some reason known to the idiots who created this non maco image, most men would not be caught dead there or buying anything from there.
    On one hand, it takes a lot of balls to wear a dress. On the other hand, if you are going to wear a dress. Forget about the macho image and just but it.
    To be honest with you, I have found that buying for Penny while enfem works well. I can try it on without a worry about a macho image because I don't have one when I walk in the door.

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

You all make very good points, that I have heard before. And of course I know that you are all right. I guess that is what made me so mad at myself for not getting it. I have to go back to the same store tonight to exchange some razor blades. So I have all day to get over it all and "Just Do It"

Thanks for all your help. I will let you knwo the outcome.

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Gold Member
    OH my friend I still can't buy girlie things easy, I struglr with simple thing like pantyhose, damn near break out in a sweat, sad

Go for it Raychel....

I was looking a small shoulder bag yesterday in Sears. No changing rooms for shoulder bags. I put the first one on and was quite nervous. By the fifth one, I almost wish I had a dress on. Boldness grows with time.

you really need to get over your fear ,as long as the sales people dont
    know you, do you really care what they think, buying from walmart sears
    etc is easy going into a womens dress shop is a bit harder I just ask the sales
    women I would like that skirt and say she has some skirts size 10 and some size 12 which one does she recommend and let them get it , and if you want to return it leave the labels on and just say is unsuitable and if they ask for your phone # say no its easy

Almost all WalMarts now have self checkout lines. You can use those if you afraid to checkout from a regular checkout line.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Just returned from the store (in male mode)....got yogurt for lunch, trash bags, pantihose, and liquid eyeliner. What could be easier ? Wish I had forgotten the trash bags and maybe looked at lipstick instead (giggle giggle).

At age 18, my new bride asked me to go to Leggett's and get her some new bras.....and take her 10 year old sister with me. After that HORRIBLE experience I can buy anything anywhere.

I'm gonna have to guess that the fear to shop comes from one's guilt over dressing in some small way. As soon as I REALLY wasn't ashamed to say I dress I found it perfectly normal to go buy female attire.

Emily Ann

So at 7:45 this morning I walked into Walmart. Returned the razor blades that I got that were wrong and did some other shopping. A package of socks, 2 pair of work pants, A case of bottle water, Oh yeh I almost forgot a new dress for Raychel. The checkouts were empty that early in the morning, The cashier, Not originally from the USA. Could have cared less what I had. Now I only hope that I picked up the right size.

Like many others, I used to be shy about buying women's clothes for me. I, too, decided life was too short to let my fears control what I did. I now shop a lot dressed as a woman, and even have my own personal assistant at a quality department store suggest items I might like to buy. I find shopping for clothes (particularly dressed as a woman) very enjoyable, mostly for the interchange with other customers and sales associates about lots of topics. No wonder women love to shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    So at 7:45 this morning I walked into Walmart. Returned the razor blades that I got that were wrong and did some other shopping. A package of socks, 2 pair of work pants, A case of bottle water, Oh yeh I almost forgot a new dress for Raychel. The checkouts were empty that early in the morning, The cashier, Not originally from the USA. Could have cared less what I had. Now I only hope that I picked up the right size.

Good for you girl! See, just like buying condoms.

If it doesn't fit, don't be shy about returning it. Just say bought it for GF didn't fit her (do the boy am I a dumb man eyeball roll for extra effect) and if they have it get the right size. Don't do yourself out, You deserve that dress. It knows your name even!

Hopefully it fits and you look darling in it.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Platinum Member
    Raychel....lol well done but you forgot the shoes to go with it ......

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    Raychel....lol well done but you forgot the shoes to go with it ......
    Are you kidding me, I thought that I did good, just buying the thing, without having a heartattack.

Maybe you could loan me a pair.