Thread: Denae Doyle and feminine body language training

Denae Doyle and feminine body language training

Have any of you had the opportunity to see the training cds by Denae Doyle? She has a series in which she trains feminine movement, posture and mannerisms. I have found it fascinating and very practical. So much of our body language is automatic and not very feminine. The clothes are just a part of it - how you act and move once you have the clothes on is perhaps even more important to a complete feminine experience. For those of you that are interested this is Denae's website:
    http://www.femimage.com/

Slip Lover

CDs A Must Read Post

I think that this post by Lowla is a must read by all CDs. As a closet dresser for many years, I thought that I looked pretty good and could pass as a woman. The still pictures that I took of myself seemed to confirm my opinion. However, I was totally shocked the first time that I saw myself in a film because of the obvious male movements. Just the way that I walk screamed this is a man. I had never visited the website included in Lowla's post until I saw it there, but I shall encourage all CDs to check out the website because there is a lot of good free information there.

Ashley

Thanks Lowlavalentine,

While the training is probably very useful, I think it is a bit high priced....I don't know if there are other similar programs or not, but as far as me, I'll try by studying the movements of GG's first..... There is a lot of free information on the subject available on the various web sites.

Banned Read only
    she is very highly thought of in the SF TG community / the cds might seem expensive, but i gather her lessons are even more / but many swear by her

I saw one of the videos on walking once when I was still in my TG support group. I kinda didn't see the point to consciously put forth an effort to mimic a woman in this way. I have to look at what my goal and purpose is really, especially when it comes to going out in public and interfacing with "normal" people. I see no reason really to pull off some kind of "ruse" that I am a woman when clearly I am not. That's just me though, I prefer being honest(with myself mostly). I can see that other folks would find value in something like this for confidence if nothing else. I don't walk around like a linebacker as Ericka but I don't walk in any particular way either. I've never been accused of not acting "feminine" in that respect by anyone really. The same is true in respect to mannerisms, I just try to act like myself and everyone seems to respect that. Like I said I'm not "knocking" this stuff and I have no problem if others are interested in it. It's just that I have my own style as presenting myself as Ericka and stick with that. Just a lot easier for me to be myself, that's all.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 01-13-2007 at 01:22 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I've met Denae at Carla's a few years ago. I also spoke with her a few months ago. She expensive, but she does teach what she says she will. I disagree with her only on minor points.

As a non-transitioning TS, passing as a woman, not a sissy or a guy in a dress is important to me. So for me, her training is worth experiencing.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

Looks pricey!!! I think I'll just keep making my own videos..... lol Not very instructional but cheap and fun!!!! hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I bought her first CD a couple of years ago and it helped me get the basics of "the walk". You can pick it up yourself from observation but there is nothing better than some instruction to cut down the learning curve. My test after practicing 2 hours a day for over a week was this:

When you think you've got a feminine walk down pat, put a mirror on the floor so you can only see yourself from the waist down, put on male pants and do your walk. If it looks female, even with the male clothing, then you're getting close. I still have much work to do to get a nice smooth walk, but I definitely don't move like a man in a dress anymore!

Sally

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    The DVDs are a bit pricy for what you get, but the information is quite good. So if you're thinking about getting them, it's worth buying the bundle to get the discounted price. (Plus, they're definitely less expensive than her personal coaching, which I'm told is well worth the money.)

Just keep in mind it's a very "femme" version of feminine movement. (Doyle's main business is coaching beauty pagent contestents.) But it's similar to voice training -- a bit of exaggeration makes it easier understand and you can always dial it back once you've mastered it.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

That's Great Lowla, I'll have to check into it further when I get the chance.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I've seen some of the Danae Doyle tutorials when I met a member of this forum a year or so back. Doyle seems to work from the premise that every MTF crossdresser at first walks like Sasquatch which I don't think is true. When dressed I still walk like the young man I am and I don't think it is a total give away. Sure I don't naturally glide around but neither do I clod hop.....I just walk. Just remember to soften my natural male movements somewhat when dressed and leave it at that. You don't always see genetic females moving, sitting, or standing the way the program instructs either.

Best,
    Gunda
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi