39 22.03%
  • I think Mum wanted me to be a girl

34 19.21%
  • I dont Know

28 15.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has your mum ever told you she wanted a girl

The Name's the Same

Yes. I was told many times that my mother really wanted a girl, as I had an older brother. She had even selected the name, Lynn. When I was born male, the name Lynn was given to me as a middle name.

It seemed only natural to use Lynn as my femme name. I have often wondered whether I was influenced by this. I just don't know.

Mom never said that she wanted me to be a girl but She did dress me up as a girl for Halloween a couple times. So Maybe she did.
    Chloe

Was dressed and sent to a school halloween at least twice.

A Work in Progress
    She did, but when she caught me dressing when I was 12, she denied she'd ever said it ... but I know she did, and so did she.

Jeani

I never ask my mom outright about the times (Halloween) she did dress me like a girl and I can remember when I was around 12 or 13 she ask me the next day if I wanted to dress as a girl again. She liked my opinion when she was clothes shopping and even sometimes she went into the girls dept and ask me what I thought about some of the girls clothes on display for sale. This brings up the question again for me if I should ask before she isn't around anymore to tell me.

Both of parents wanted a girl. I would have had an older brother, but he died before he was 6 mos. old. Got himself wrapped up in a plastic sheet... They never used one again. I think that was why. They never did have another girl except for my older sister. They did have 3 more boys though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yup, she had four boys poor thing, no girls. I was supposed to be the girl. Funny but two of the biggest rifs we ever had was when she suggested that I would be gray haired by the time I was thirty five and when she suggested that I dress as a girl for Halloween once as I had no other costume...I guess she was right by both counts. I was gray by 35 and I was a girl at heart well before 35/

She never actually said she wanted a girl but she used to tell me that I should have been a girl.
    Kisses, Linda

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I was the fourth child and the fourth boy of five boys.
    I don't feel in the least that my being a boy is regretted.
    Her sixth child was finally a girl....then she had 5 more!

Mom said she would take what God gave her, though she really caught stress in her second marriage when my step-father got impatient for a boy.

I didn't grow up with any of the girls, they came in her second marriage, and I stayed with pop, and then foster homes.

When I finally met my sisters, and met my mom again (after 8 years) it was a confusing and wonderful surprise !

Roberta
    Last edited by RobertaFermina; 01-15-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Boys are kinda rare in my family. It seems only one per generation. I was the youngest and had two older sisters. I had one cosuion that was a boy, our son is a boy, one newphew that is a boy, and one grandnewphew that is a boy.

My mom never said she wanted a girl, but she did take advantage of things such as Halloweens and a couple of times when I really messed up my clothes to put me in dresses, I can remember one one occasion when myself and my cousin had made "mud pies", and wound up getting everything we had on totally soaked and muddy. We were both bathed and since I didn't have any spare clothes at my grandma's, mom put one of my cousin's dresses on me for the rest of our visit I guess I got girl's shoes and socks too, and maybe even panties. I don't remember a lot of the details, except that I must have been around 5 at the time because I remember being picked up and shown to the lady that lived next door. If I had been much older than 5, mom couldn't have picked me up, and we didn't move to that house until I was nearly 5. When I started taking my mom's clothes and wearing them around 11 or 12, I got spanked for doing it. But, it was for stealing her stuff, not because I was wearing the clothes. So, I do think my mom wanted a girl. This is born out by the amount of money she spent buying my daughters pretty dresses and such.

As far as I know, wanting me to be a girl is all my own idea . . .

PS, and Bev06 GG, My Dad was AF military and always away on a mission flying somewhere. It bothered me as a young child that he kept leaving - kinda vivid memories of being upset by that. Otherwise he was a good Dad, did Dad things with me and wans't given to fits of temper. I don't recall being consciously soured on men, or him, because of it. But I have pondered that possibility. And Angel Darling I had bright red hair and more than once was told "what a waste on a boy."

Just a few more wild card facts to toss into the mill of "nuture" vs "nature" analysis.
    Last edited by melissaK; 01-15-2007 at 06:38 PM.

My wife and I just spoke about this. My mother ALWAYS used to say how she wanted a girl, NOT a son.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Gold Member
    My Mother passed away shortly after I was born and she all ready had two boys, I was raised by my grand parents, my grand mother all ways would tell me how my mother wanted a little girl so bad, well here she is, lol.

Both of my parents told me I was a mistake, that they didn't want me when they had me. Does that count?

Sorry Bethanygirl I didn`t think of that as a option. Smacked wrists for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    How many CDs dont like men because of some childhood trauma.
    Take care
    BEV
    You could start a thread with that question yourself Bev. Do you want me to? My short answer to that is "yep, kinda"

As far as my mom, I was the third of four boys, and while I've never heard her say that she wanted a girl (in fact I was trying to bait her recently about it and she went on about how thankful she was she didn't have to raise girls - something about higher maintenance -) but I just have a feeling that at the time she DID want a girl after having 2 boys. She did give me a unisex name and I was born with a lot of girlish qualities, so who knows. Could be me imposing my view on it. It's just a feeling I have. My mom would probably never tell me because she wouldn't want to hurt my feelings.

Speaking of which, Bethany, I'm sorry your parents thought that they should tell you that. Even if it wasn't meant in a mean way, it can hurt. I was told that - it was already obvious to me. My mom had her hands full with 2 infants and didn't need another. They just hadn't figured out what was causing it I guess.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Smile

My mum never said she wanted a girl but she did say she wished I was a girl…. Let me explain, mum was a dressmaker and a good one too but it was a lot easier to run up a dress than to make a pair of boys trousers or shirts. When struggling with a pair of trousers for me she would say. “I wish you were a girl, dresses are so easy” If only I could have said then, “Forget the trousers give me a dress” She mostly had to buy my clothes and money was short, it sure would of helped if I had been a girl.

Chemise

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    I was born year after my mum miscarried (which was a girl) so I was the 3rd son instead of the 2nd daughter.

Makes me wonder sometimes................

My mother once told me that she was convinced I'd be a girl before I was born. I have two older brothers and when she mentioned it, it was reasonably clear to me that she had been hoping for a girl at the time. I wasn't bothered by the comment in the slightest. As things turned out I have three brothers and no sisters. I suspect that myself and my younger brother were attempts for daughters but after 4 boys in a row they decided that it was time to stop trying. I have no idea what name I would have been given as a girl.
    So I don't want to be the last, don't want to be the first,
    Don't want to be alone with my thoughts tomorrow.
    Don't want to be afraid, don't want to look away,
    I'm learning to breathe.

Nerina Pallot - Learning to breathe

Aspiring Member
    since i am gg my mom told me years back that my dad wanted a boy and i wuz crushed, but i am not about to change my femintiy for that, i luv being a gg, so its all good!

Both Mom and Dad both wanted a girl as I was the third of three boys. I don't recall hearing my Mom say that she wanted a girl very often but I can still remember my Dad saying it over and over untill I began to feel a little inadequate about myself. When we would go somewhere and meet another family with kids our age my Dad would always say that I should of been born a girl."These are my three boys ,but the youngest one was supposed to be a girl" he would say.

Then I started to notice how mothers treated their little girls , always fixing their hair, dressing them in nice pretty dresses with bows in their hair and stuff........

After reading so many posts about how many CDs have a similar story one begins to wonder. Maybe this did have an affect on me . Or is it just that most moms want a daugter and most dads want a son. I cannot recall but I have seen pics of me at about two years old with long girl length hair in what looks like a bun or somthing. I was told by my Mom that she just didn't want to cut my lovely blond hair so she let it grow like a girl. I don't know how old I was when they finally cut it like boy. My Mom also used to say I looked so much like a girl that people used to tell her what a cute little girl I was and that they would look disapointed when she told them I was a boy.

I think this had a lot to do with my wanting to dress up like a girl, somthing I never let on to my parents. I would trade my left nut to be able to go back to when I was about thirteen and have her dress me up for halloween as the girl she allways wanted. She died when i was 16 .

Petrina cd
    Last edited by Petrina CD; 01-16-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    My mom used to say I would have made a pretty girl. Ohhhh I liked that. Wish she could have met her daughter before she died.

Wink My Mother wanted a girl........

And I didn`t dissapoint.-Angela.

Yep, I was one of only two and mom and dad wanted a girl. Strangely, even the features typical of most female fetuses showed up on my ultrasound, making the doctor announce to my parents they were having a girl. I always wonder what I would have looked like had the doctor been right.