Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Why Why

Why Why Why

hi girls
    First of all please forgive me but i just don't get it . i have made many wonderful friends here but i still don't understand Why it is that some adult "men" with no history of cross-dressing ... all of a sudden want to become one with the female population ?..
    i just don't get it
    i understand how many of us start at a Early age i get that. but how can this desire lay dormant for years and years and somehow come to life some 20 years or later ? what triggerd this and why now

please don't get me wrong i am trying to understand. i can't get my head around it
    this is open to everyone please help me
    hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

perhaps they have been burying their feelings for decades, and have just now realized they are incomplete?

And remember that the attitudes today, while not exactly greeting our kind with open arms, IS more tolerant than 10, 20 or 30 years ago.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I'm not sure. I always knew I had a latent gender issue, but it wasn't until recently that I became serious about CDing and more. I think mine was sparked by my divorce. I realized that this was my chance to live my life the way I wanted and things just went from there.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Ummmmmm I think this is a case of basically .. To each their own !!!!!..Why worry about getting your head around it..What is.. is just is .

Its obviously because they are "not normal"!! Hehe. Not to be confused with us real "girls"....

No clue since I started when I was 8 but I'm bet a quarter (US not Canadian) that they have no clue either!!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-15-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm 25 and just started CDing this past year. However, I guess when I think back, I would RANDOMLY put on my mom's panties every once in a while when I was very young. And then like 2 yrs ago, I would RANDOMLY try on my gf's panties. Now, I go out and buy my own lingerie alllll the time. I love it, especially the thongs!!

MJ - I can only guess that what is at work is a process similar to that of heterosexual singles and married men who "discover" that they are gay in their 30s after years of marriage and 'normal' life. They may have experienced the feelings as children or adolescents, but did not understand them, were frightened by them, and/or denied them. I believe that some CDs and gays embark upon macho, heterosexual lives in order to "cure" themselves, to prove that the feelings are not real, or to squash unwanted, little understood, strange, and "wrong/perverted" desires and impulses. Years later the feelings and desires are still there, straining to get out, and become so strong that people are compelled to acknowledge them and try to deal with them. I have no idea how accurate this suggested explanation might be, but I'd guess that it is true of at least some. Of course, there's always the possibility that whatever struck us as appealing about wearing women's clothes early in life just struck them much later.
    What do any of you other girls think?
    Talon

Hey, maybe they want to see what all the "shouting" is about. See, we do make a difference after all, a positive one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Many are so repressed and in denial and afraid of being gay- once kids grown and mature, and testosterone levels falling, it hits- have known many in their 50s who told me that.

Flo

Platinum Member
    so far i have not seen a rule book on when one should start cding........

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Why it is that some adult "men" with no history of cross-dressing ... all of a sudden want to become one with the female population ?..
    i just don't get it
    Well, MJ, I looked on eBay as I heard you can get "it" there, and I did a search under "it" and this is as close as I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Family-Guy-ITS-F...QQcmdZViewItem

hugs,
    'lissa
    Last edited by melissaK; 01-15-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Gold Member
    I have no answer for you, I know the more I dress the more it over comes me, if not for my wife I think I would be dressed and probably out a lot as a female, but she keeps the male side strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    hi girls
    First of all please forgive me but i just don't get it . i have made many wonderful friends here but i still don't understand Why it is that some adult "men" with no history of cross-dressing ... all of a sudden want to become one with the female population ?..
    i just don't get it
    i understand how many of us start at a Early age i get that. but how can this desire lay dormant for years and years and somehow come to life some 20 years or later ? what triggerd this and why now

please don't get me wrong i am trying to understand. i can't get my head around it
    this is open to everyone please help me
    hugs Marissa
    Hi Marissa,

I read one explanation that a person, after a series of tramatic expereiences, might then crossdress. This is what I'm going with. The article said the person is fleeing to the more "nurturing" side......

Peggy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

Smile Hi Marissa

I find this unusual myself, having always felt this way,but hey, who are we to judge? I`m just glad all of us are here, no matter what path we may have followed to arrive.Love to all my sisters-Angela :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Maybe its somthing in the water lol

Andrea
    X

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Hey MJ, check this out, with special attention to the "Midlife Crisis" section.
    It could even explain an emergence before the mid-thirties, I believe.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...hytg/anima.htm

This really resonates with me.

Sometimes I feel I am mixing up my repressed little-boy's femininity with whatever-other-urges I have to CD. (what other urges?, now that I have an opportunity to communicate them).

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I can't speak for others but I've been dressing since ..... forever!

I don't think in my case it was ever dormant. Although I did spend a great deal of time by a famous river in Egypt.

But since I've returned from my trip down D-Nile I think I'm more comfortable with myself than I've ever been. And I am trying to keep a more balanced approach to my life that includes the of acceptance of who I am and who I'm not.
    I am a crossdresser.... I'm not what society would consider your basic male. But, who wants to be basic?!
    XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

I don't know if this will help you understand. I use to dress up off & on for many years. Got married, had kids & hid it fairly well. Then the kids are gone(hurrah) & things at work get bad & in the mean time i learn i have health issues, thus depression sets in. Next thing you know you are seeing a shrink & you tell how dressing made you happy but you were trying not to for many reasons. You ask why you cannot shrug it off & in my case its because i know that it could be anytime that i pass on, so i am after what makes me whole, happy & at peace with myself.
    Now i know this is not what you were completely after but maybe for some they have fought these feelings & are finding out like me that time is short & they want the best for themselves. I don't know, its only a guess on my part.
    I will say that my health making me look at myself has been the greatest thing in my life. I am happier, i have many wonderful friends here & i am at such a peace about myself so what could anyone really ask for. Yes i guess at 50 i am a late bloomer but better late than never. I do wish i would have know this was me years ago when i was young, i believe my life would have been tons better than it was.
    Sorry for going on so long but this is me. Maybe its me but it could be for some others, yet i am sure there are the few that do it for fun or to make fun of us. Hope this ups,tata.
    Janelle

Well, I'll tell you why.....

Hi Marissa,

I have a BA in Psychology so maybe I can shed some light on this for you.

The best I can tell you is that when a guy allows himself to try on a womans clothes, it's the resulting endorphin rush that creates the OMG! moment.

It does not matter if it's thigh highs (as in my case), panties, that certain skirt or your moms girdle. When you allow yourself to experience that high, all you want is more of it. Don't believe me?!? Then why does the rat push the bar for more cocaine until it eventually dies? It's the rush.

Eventually, a guy wears more and more womens clothes to feel that high again and again. Then it turns to "Well how closely can I resemble a woman if I do this?" (e.g. shave my legs, wear a wig, etc.) and then the "hobby" turns into a challenge to see how good one can be at it.

Trust me, it's the same feeling a guy gets when he finally kisses that girl of his dreams for the first time. All you want to do is spend more time with her.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Ginger

LOL...I dressed for the first time when I was 43. So I'm one of those thats driving ya nuts. I think that link from Roberta might explain things pretty well for my case. Too lazy to do psycho analysis on myself right now.

J-- Is Kinda Queer

I recall trying on grandma's house dress at four. As I grew my sister was more my mom than mom. I guess my dressing was to be like my sister. But when I hit puberty things changed and I didn't feel the need to dress. Oh it was still there but I was interested in other things. Things began to come fast when I became an adult. And I think I went back to CD because I need that comfort I wasn't getting else where. Now it's just a pleasure because I have no more guilt to deal with. I'm basically happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    i just don't get it
    A guess

-High social pressure. Suppression might be so strong that you even don't know what you are suppressing, you just feel less happy than you should (dull to depressive).

-There are times in life when other things attract and need your full attention (life is more than dressing); to establish in business life, to start a family, to rise children.
    (with about 40 you have it or not, hence these things need less attention. First circle of life is done).

-Many attempts to find others ways of self-discovery. Which don't work and you finally abandon your inner resistance.
    Last edited by Marla S; 01-15-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Banned Read only
    me either, all the cds i know began when they were very young, i for one just don't make the same connection with people who start later, i'm sure they are fine people, but they are not the same

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    so far i have not seen a rule book on when one should start cding
    true Wendy it can happen at any age i want to understand what triggers our desire to do so
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaK View Post
    Well, MJ, I looked on eBay as I heard you can get "it" there, and I did a search under "it" and this is as close as I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Family-Guy-ITS-F...QQcmdZViewItem

hugs,
    'lissa
    Melissa thanks thats funny
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    Hey MJ, check this out, with special attention to the "Midlife Crisis" section.
    It could even explain an emergence before the mid-thirties, I believe.
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...hytg/anima.htm

This really resonates with me.

Sometimes I feel I am mixing up my repressed little-boy's femininity with whatever-other-urges I have to CD. (what other urges?, now that I have an opportunity to communicate them).

Roberta
    interesting link thank you Roberta
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger62 View Post
    Hi Marissa,

I have a BA in Psychology so maybe I can shed some light on this for you.

The best I can tell you is that when a guy allows himself to try on a womans clothes, it's the resulting endorphin rush that creates the OMG! moment

It does not matter if it's thigh highs (as in my case), panties, that certain skirt or your moms girdle. When you allow yourself to experience that high, all you want is more of it. Don't believe me?!? Then why does the rat push the bar for more cocaine until it eventually dies? It's the rush.

Eventually, a guy wears more and more womens clothes to feel that high again and again. Then it turns to "Well how closely can I resemble a woman if I do this?" (e.g. shave my legs, wear a wig, etc.) and then the "hobby" turns into a challenge to see how good one can be at it.

Trust me, it's the same feeling a guy gets when he finally kisses that girl of his dreams for the first time. All you want to do is spend more time with her.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Ginger
    hi Ginger
    thank you for the heads up , but i can't remember ever getting this rush from an early age i knew i should have been a girl , so i dress the way i feel
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    LOL...I dressed for the first time when I was 43. So I'm one of those thats driving ya nuts.
    I think that link from Roberta might explain things pretty well for my case. Too lazy to do psycho analysis on myself right now.
    hi Deidra
    YOU were 43 omg, so tell me a. why did you do it.. b. what triggered you to dress has a chick "a hot one at that " c. up until that time did you feel anything to-wards cross-dressing or was there nothing there ? if so what change your mind ?
    you see Deidre you can help me ... don't make me come down there
    you hold the key thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was forced dressed early and started when I was 44

Thanks Roberta, the article you posted said something "right on" for me...

"The inclusion of the female effects a change in the male personality, producing a new personality that is better than either alone. The female empowers and transforms the male. This stage is ongoing. The new self continues to grow--presumably in the direction of greater spirituality and service to others.
    It is consistent with the anima theory that the urge to crossdress may diminish during these later stages. The crossdresser now understands that it was not the clothing or being a woman that he sought--these merely symbolized the deeper aspects of his personality he sought to express. Once he experiences and expresses these aspects directly, female clothing itself has less meaning and importance.

I have been saying the same thing for the last few months. With the knowledge gained....move on to other things more important...

Have fun out there!

But fun doesn't just happen. You have to make it a priority in your life or it'll go missing. Life's too short to not have it.