Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping on-line or in person

I shop online as much as I can. I waffle as to how comfortable I am shopping for femme things when en drab. I often can find great buys on both clothes and makeup on Ebay...and there are wonderful beaded gowns and the like there as well.
    Hugs,
    Christy

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    I prefer to buy in person, but given the frequently-poor selection in plus size, I often check out specialty retailers online.

As has been mentioned, you probably won't encounter any problems at major stores in the NYC or Philly area -- since they're smart enough to realize that a sale is a sale. If you ever have a problem with a sales clerk, just ask for the manager, who will generally set them straight.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Blue Ridge Mountains,Virginia..In the country

Buy the rite size?

Since my separation, i don't ask my X to buy anything for me anymore.Christmas time was my time to buy me a whole lot of things.Everything i buy is online and so far i've been pretty lucky with the sizes.There is a bunch of outfits that i don't think would look good on me and mabey i should take Jennifers opnion and drive a couples of hours from the house and buy anything i want,and really not worry about what all the women are thinking.Because their never going to see me anymore.But i really dont want to go en-fem,so would you try on that dress or skirt while your in drab or what? I still think it would pretty scarey.I think i need to meet another Xdresser and then mabey both of us go enfem,now that would be exciting,don't you think.I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.
    HugsKisses
    Bobbie Jo

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    i doo both,,, truly love shopping in person, 'specially if i can doo soo en femme!!,,, but,,, see no reason t' stop shopping just because th' stores are all closed,,, i suppose thats why i have over 300 pairs o' shoes!!,,,,,,,, also, ebay 's been absolutely fabulous for finding those go-go girl minidresses i adore!!!

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    the majority of my shopping is online, but i still do some shopping in stores.

i've always brought female clothing alone and as guy mode

it was hard at first but as long as i didn't meet/see any one i know
    it's okay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I prefer to shop in person (with my wife alongside to stem my enthusiasm) but we don't get much chance, so perforce I tend to do a lot on line. I've found some lovely stuff on e-bay, in internet sales like your/size up and Evans and even in the catalogue places. I never pay full price for anything though, if I can help it. It is my dream (same as a lot of the girls I'm sure) to go out with my wife but of course with me as Marianna, not 'him', it seems unlikely to happen but what is life without hope and dreams?
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj