Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping on-line or in person

Shopping on-line or in person

Girls ,when You shop for dresses, makeup, etc do you shop in person or online?
    I have bought some makeup online but sure that I'm chooseing the right foundation/colors. I love to have the help of a salesgirl in choosing right makeup and clothes but am very shy. If any of you girls know of Tg friendly either in Philadelphia or NYC please let me know.
    hugs
    Amelia

Banned Read only
    never bought anything on the net, (or before that, mail order) never will / life is live, shopping should be too

I do both.

I shop with my SO in drab for clothes and make up.

And I shop on line on my own.

Andrea
    X

I buy on the Internet as much as is possible, I don't like shopping in person for anything, far less female clothing and undies. I suppose that is one of the more male aspects of my character, most males hate shopping of any kind.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I would perfer to shop in person but shoes can't always find the right size or other things Im looking for so there is always online.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Hi Amelia, Funny enough I went down to the shops in drab mode the other day and really struggled to buy any girly things. I find it realy hard to browse the clothes, to be able to take the time to asess, you know hold them up to the light or yourself etc. Like you say make up is another pain, I think I'm working on the princple of trial and error: one day I will randomly pick up the right shade and the right brand for me, asking the shop girl would be so much quicker (and cheaper) if I could just bring my self to do it! So most of my clothes tend to come through mail order, which to be fair is a lot better than it ever used to be with the internet and all. Once again though its an enclosed, non enclussive, anti social way of doing things which further oppitomises the in 'the closet' nature of my world! I realy should get over these hang ups, it would make things a lot more fun but it's easier said than done isn't it!??
    Amanda
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

It Gets Easyier

I had one really bad experience years ago. I was all but accosted by two young sales ladies at Penny's. Just because the "big bad man was buying panties". Can you imagine ? My shopping for clothes is mostly on line, though I send half of it back because of fit. I had computer problems a couple of times so I ordered by phone. The one girl was so nervous that I felt sorry for her.The next time I got this super sales woman who tried to sell me everything in the catalog. She made me feel really great by the way she catered to me. I have been out dressed once shopping and I'm planning to do some shopping here soon while dressed. I don't shop locally though. So do pull up you pantie hose and get out there and shop.

shopp in person it's much more fun and you can try on things before you buy wich is a big plus also

susie

At the used clothing stores I always shop in person

I can buy a dress for about $10 or even less and try it on before I buy it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I have shopped both ways, online and in person while in drab. One of my goals this year is to go shopping en fem.

Junior Member Samantha Jane Foster's Avatar
    I like shopping with my mom because it feels like a mom/daughter shopping day-- getting ready, driving to the mall, going through all the racks, then later on stopping at a favorite restaurant, with tired feet but lots of fun stuff in big bags that say 'Macy's', 'Nordstrom', 'TJ Maxx' locked in the trunk.

I'll buy it online only if I can't find it in a store. (a full length quilted coat in XXL, polyester long sleeve caftan, Hanes hose in "gentlebrown" color, for recent examples). There is no real substitute for actually trying something on.

ALL stores, especially in places like Philadelphia or NYC, are TG friendly, if the TGs have money to buy stuff.

Always in person! Its sooo much more fun that way!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Almost all my clothes are bought online. I probably returned enough stuff to be on their "black list."

I do both. For shoes i buy at Zappos but the rest is in person.

Shopping on-line or in person

I shop on line and hope it fits. I buy mostly lingerie. I enjoy shoping with wife in drab. I love to find identical lacies in both our sizes.

Looking for friends Karen Edmonton's Avatar
    When I first started out , I shopped in drab for my "" girlfriend !"" But for the last 20+ years , I have always shopped enfemme ! There is nothing like trying on the outfit before buying it !!!! LOL
    This girl just wants to have fun !!!

Always on line, there's so much out there, thank God for the net!

In person always Macy's, Dress Barn and J C Penny are friendly to TGs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have bought some clothes that I found I had more choices for online (like my French Maid's outfit and my corset) but I have to say 99% of the time I always shop in person at stores in the various malls.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My ultimate goal, besides getting into a size 8 dress, is to be able to pass completely while shopping anywhere. I absolutely LOVE to shop when I'm out of the house. Anyway, I buy most of my unmentionables online, but go out, mostly in drab, to buy women's jeans, tops, shoes, and the like.

I do both...

i tend to do both. i tend to find a reason to go shopping with a female and just eye stuff in the women's section. then go alone and buy what i liked. have yet to go out dressed. when online and just not doing much of anything i check out online stores and order if i find something.

It depends on the item. I hate big shopping malls. About the only stores I shop for Rita are Avenue, Ashley Stewart and Harmons (for most makeup). Most of my clothes and wigs are bought online or through catalogs. I do go to a wig store to have them styled.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

Aspiring Member
    The few clothes that I have so far have been from eBay. My wife has suggested that we maybe get some things at the Burlington Coat Factory since it may be cheaper (without the postage). As for high heels, it's all about eBay again....and there are some good sellers with pretty decent prices there!

Gina