Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gee. What a shame to see this on Yahoo! Personals.

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    I personally believe that a man who CD's is a better lover, husband,father, etc. It definately makes you more sensitive to a GG woman's feelings. I LOVE a man who is a CDer!!!! That's my opinion!!!!
    CG gg
    Bless you! Unfortunately GG's that feel this way are few and far between. Even in the alternative/kink community one would not believe the number advertisements from dominant women who list "no crossdressers"..
    Bobbie in Vancouver

First, I find that the inclusion of CDing in this list is interesting. Implies that CDing BFs are pretty common. And, I agree with Amanda and others, this really isn't bad advice. Let's face it, MOST GGs can't/won't deal with a CDing
    SO, so it's best not to continue the relationship.

Vikki

That's funny I have to send that to my wife

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I read their post and became very upset and set the authors the following email:

Someone pointed out a comment the two of you made about knowing whether he was the one and I saw this point and quite honestly I was very upset by what I read:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3) LIKES YOUR CLOTHES…A LOT: A man dressing like a woman at Halloween once is funny – twice, not so much. Three times and he also wants to shop at Victoria’s Secret with you, and it’s time to re-evaluate the relationship. Look, a good man may be hard to find, but you have plenty of “girl” friends. Stay casual friends with this guy if you like, but say “bye bye” to romance and find a man who prefers trousers over panty hose.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I am a male to female cross dresser and I consider this point that you made to be utter crap. It only helps to continue to promote the stereo type that a man who is able to reach deep inside and connect with his feminine side is somehow less than a man. That is utter non-sense. A man who can connect with his inner female is in fact greater and more valuable to a woman than all of those macho, non-communicative, knuckle dragging, hairy, neanderthal apes out there in the world. What could be better than having a man who you can actually talk to, someone who feels and emotes and enjoys shopping and loves to share time with you and can still be a man as well. Someone who appreciates the joys of both femininity and masculinity. It is time that this world started to become more tolerant and open minded to the fact that there are many shades of gender. I ask you to be more open and understanding and accepting and even embracing of differences and start to promote tolerance. There is no need for a gender war, there is a need to be open to new things.

Melissa

-----------------------------------------------

I am sure that it will change nothing, but it made me feel a little bit better to send them my thoughts anyway.

Mel
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Way to go Mel. Thanks for taking the time to do that. You're right - it might not change anything but it doesn't hurt to try, instead of sitting silently being disparaged.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I will let all of you know if I get a reply. Somehow I doubt that they will respond to my message, but who knows...
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

TX & MN
    Be honest: how many of us would like to date a girl who acts and dresses as a guy? Unfortunately, the article may be giving good advice, even though I wish otherwise.

Cindi

noting that the two women that wrote the article share the same last name...
    hmmmmmm. must have had the same thing happen to them. sure doesnt represent our group, though..

Banned Read only
    Yeah, having the same last name, my gosh, could they be, sisters? Gasp!

And, had you followed the links, you would have found they interviewed 96 women for the project, which was about - not how to find Mister Right, but the warning signs of having found Mister Wrong. The women they talked to were comming out of bad relationships, and its just a listing of the problems they encountered.

And of course they are wrong. After all, one reads the posts here and when wives find out, they buy dinner, have a party, and celebrate how wonderful it is that thier man has more underwear then they do. That must be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Jane View Post
    Some of the replies sounded harsh, and uninformed.

So I checked out the two women who wrote the deal, and found they are basicaly a summery of interviews they did for the book

the basic signs they warn women againt do not include CD but rather are... <snip>
    All the good deeds in the world do not excuse stupidity. And really, that's what equating cross-dressers to wife beaters and philanderers is: Stupid.

Could you imagine the uproar if they said something along the lines of:
    3) LIKES GOD…A LOT: A man going to church once a year is nice – twice, not so much. Three times and he also wants to drag you to bible study, and it’s time to re-evaluate the relationship. Look, a good man may be hard to find, but you have plenty of “crazy” friends. Stay casual friends with this guy if you like, but say “bye bye” to romance and find a man who prefers reality to fairy tales.
    You'd have AFA, Focus on the Family, and every other Evangelical group up in arms against Yahoo and those women. We should do the same. We're deserving of just as much respect.

I'm definitely working on my e-mail.
    Hail Satin!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi Johnson View Post
    Be honest: how many of us would like to date a girl who acts and dresses as a guy? Unfortunately, the article may be giving good advice, even though I wish otherwise.

Cindi
    Personally, i'd be open to it. I'd be a hypocrite if did otherwise.
    Hail Satin!

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    This is the one part of it that is completely dead wrong!

3) LIKES YOUR CLOTHES…A LOT: A man dressing like a woman at Halloween once is funny – twice, not so much. Three times and he also wants to shop at Victoria’s Secret with you, and it’s time to re-evaluate the relationship. Look, a good man may be hard to find, but you have plenty of “girl” friends. Stay casual friends with this guy if you like, but say “bye bye” to romance and find a man who prefers trousers over panty hose.[/I][/I]

The romance (not just sex) between my GF and I has grown a lot since I started fully dressing. When we are out looking for clothes or shoes we are constantly flirting with each other. Crossdressing adds a bit of extra spice to our relationship.

Just goes to show that one shouldn't rely too much on relationship advice from a bunch of Yahoos!

Banned Read only
    "3) LIKES GOD…A LOT: A man going to church once a year is nice – twice, not so much. Three times and he also wants to drag you to bible study, and it’s time to re-evaluate the relationship."

Perfect. Because it speaks to the two things the girls are warning against. One is escalation, the other is direct participation.

Countless letters in here from GGs document that given an inch, a lot of CDs will take the full country mile. What starts out as panties, ends up with breast forms, make-up and a wardrobe bigger then the wives.

So sure, once a year is OK, but when he wants to drag you to bible study, which is what, sitting around and having a discussion about some stories that are based on collections of oral campfire tales collected thousands of years ago by men of the Bronze Age who were unaware of the size, shape, age, history, position, composition, or complexity of the planet upon which their butts were sitting, then you are in trouble.

Because, like the CD, the next stage is even more participation, they will want you to talk to their imaginary friend too. Like the CD who wants to bring it into the bedroom, they will want you to bring that pretend magical sky deity into your real life. And that can be a world of trouble.

I don't think they were putting anything down as gospel, but rather, putting up some warning signs based on experence. After all, forewarned is forearmed.

And those groups get up in arms and then what? Send a bunch of letters? Hey, its winter, got to burn something in the fireplace. Look every click on that article, no matter if you liked it, or hated it, counted for Yahoo to make more money.