Thread: Does crossdressing change your personality?

Does crossdressing change your personality?

I was wondering if any of you felt this way, that as you become more accepting of yourself as a tgirl that your personality changes too? I know it's common for many of us to undergo a personality change just from dressing up as I certainly do but won't go into detail. But over a period of years does anyone think it's influenced them more and more to become a different person and how?

No, it's a part of my overall personality and enhances it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No, but I have found that age has influenced me alot over the last 10 years or so
    Krystal Lynn

I tend to say it uncovers the personality.
    A main impact on my way of thinking certainly has the thinking about crossdressing, but not the CDing itself. This revealed some insights "normal men" or "normal women" hardly will get and understand.

Sejd
    It's like the Persian poet Jelalludhin Rumi says: Go to the root of the root of yourself. Being a transgender is totally me, it's like Erica Rich says, not a change, it is a return.
    hugs
    Sejd

darling felicity darling_felicity's Avatar

Smile

CDing hasn't changed my personality, it has simply revealed to me who I am. I am a girl who was given a boy's body to live in. Most of the time the learned boy things control this person. But occasionally Felicity takes over. I can be walking to work in boy clothes and Felicity will start wagging her hips. She's a very happy girl.

luv
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body;
    I'm a girl with balls!

Spinster of this Parish Madeleine's Avatar

Changes

I have been on the telephone to my daughter while fully dressed en femme in wig, make up, heels, etc. and she said that I even sounded different and with a changed personality. It must be so.

Madeleine xx
    If I get to where I'm supposed to be going then please stop me.

nope i don't think so i'am still the same outgoing person that i have allways been never met a stranger in my life how ever i'am dressed

susie

Oh Yea! I am a kinder Gentler person and more easy going. I really don't like my Male self as I am selfcentered. As a Female I like to share more and it has come over to my Male side.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar
    No, it doesn't change my personality. It simply sets free the rest of it.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I would have to say no however I do have to tell you that since I have excepted that I am transgender it is as though I have been reborn.I feel I have become who I was meant to be and growing with each new day.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I think since I have started dressing, my guy personality has taken on more feminine tones...more smiles and friendly chatting to people, much more awareness of how women are appearing.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Yes, Big Time

I feel a lot more emotional about things, and I feel better about myself. I think that I have more confidence in myself, because I am being what I want to be.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    My personality has pretty much always been the same, but now instead of being a problem it's become something good that I'm really learning to see the value of and cherish. I'm showing the real me to people more these days, which makes me a happier person. Two years ago I would never have used the hug smiley. Oh, I wanted to, but there was no way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks that I was going to.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Why would my personality change.....I am who I am no matter what clothes I wear!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm not sure there is really a change over all. When I'm dressed my SO says I'm more relaxed, open and at ease. We don't talk about dresses or makup when Sam is out, only when I'm Marie.
    I'm composed of so many complex parts that all combine into the whole.
    Sam the tough guy, mechanicaly inclined, a Father, a lover, proud to be.
    Marie is soft, shy, easy going, but still has the parental instincts as well.
    All in all I think I'm a well rounded person. I love who I am. Isn't that what "normal" is all about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I cant say that it changes my personality, but I will say it sure does make me feel more comfortable. I just feel so "right" when I am dressed.

Yes, I must say it has. I walk different than before, friends tell me that " You sit like a woman" yes at times I find my self being Karren when Im in guy mode I even had the wife ask me about my voise at times she know about Karren but I don't go showing it around "having kids and all". To me the change feels right so yes your self can change even without dressing in a skirt relax and go with the flow you'll feel better if you do.

I would like to say that dressing does not change my personality, but that would be false. I become a more kinder gentler person, even when partially dressed. In male mode I ran a lumber yard, and always needed to be the gruff strong leader, that seemed to change when I did office work and dressed more fem.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Yes.

I've found that when en femme mode, I'm much more laid-back, understanding and tolerant of others. In work mode,there's a lot of priority on time management and volume. Taking my time to get girly gives me an oppurtunity to slow down and smell the roses. (Or gardenia, lilac, and so on)
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

I wouldn't say cross dressing changes my personality; it completes it. It was all those years I had repressed that part of me that was fake. At least that's how I see it. When I try to suppress the femme part of me, those around me don't like it... and I'm not too happy with myself! Without Holly, I'm incomplete.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I don't think so
    I am who I am no matter what I'm wearing
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I think it has enhanced the way I am. I used to CD sporadically, but now I do it more so and have been out en femme with a friend in OH. I feel that I am able to be more understanding and caring than I used to be (with or without being en femme). Or maybe it has just been there all along, but getting in touch with my feminine side has brought them out.