Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Security! Please Report To The Shoe Department!!

Security! Please Report To The Shoe Department!!

So how many times have you heard that? But how many times have you heard that while standing in thp ladies shoe dept, in drab with a pair of high heel womens boots on? .

Well had a meeting in Moundsville WV this morning and was going to dress afterwards and shop enfemme all the way back home! Standard MO! But the stars didn't aligh so I elected to shop anyway. Hit the local Value City in Benwood. And the shoe sale is on!! Great prices..

So I'm trying on shoes and I find these great boots... So on they go and I'm standing there admiring them when the store speaker blasted that infamous message!! Now there are only a few of us here.. Me and a couple women!! So I'm thinking that the store management is playing "make the pervert run"!! Lol. So I stand there waiting for bubba to appear and nothing!! And I notice that at the end of the isle is one of those small windows... With the mirrors... 2 way I'm sure.. And I figure that someone is looking at me... So I walk to the end of the isle towards them, do. A really fem turn and walk back and sit down! No one shows up!! Guess I won the game!! Hehehe

Also foud a nice pair of 1 inch heels in burdandy and a pretty mauveish pink peasant skirt... All for $33 including my diet coke and a candy bar (lunch)!!

So who says you can't have fun shopping no matter how your dressed!! Lol. So anyone ever have security called while you were shopping?

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-22-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    You are my hero! Love your chuzpah!
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Karen,

What a story! I love it.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    You are showing me the power of a sense of humor !

Amazing.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I had a second game going on simulraniously... Appearently WV women aren't real fond of us girls and I had two boxs of ladies shoes under my arm.. Walking down the isles.. And I noticed that this one lady would stop what she was doing a move to a different isle when ever I came down the row.. Became kind of like a chess match, except I was the queen... She must have been the pawn!! Hehe.

Wearing the burgandy shoes on the trip home and stopped at the rest area, went in with them on!! They look sooo cute!! Took a pic which I'll post later.. Lol

Guess I have to go back to work.... Groannnn..

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So how many times have you heard that? But how many times have you heard that while standing in thp ladies shoe dept, in drab with a pair of high heel womens boots on? .

Well had a meeting in Moundsville WV this morning and was going to dress afterwards and shop enfemme all the way back home! Standard MO! But the stars didn't aligh so I elected to shop anyway. Hit the local Value City in Benwood. And the shoe sale is on!! Great prices..

So I'm trying on shoes and I find these great boots... So on they go and I'm standing there admiring them when the store speaker blasted that infamous message!! Now there are only a few of us here.. Me and a couple women!! So I'm thinking that the store management is playing "make the pervert run"!! Lol. So I stand there waiting for bubba to appear and nothing!! And I notice that at the end of the isle is one of those small windows... With the mirrors... 2 way I'm sure.. And I figure that someone is looking at me... So I walk to the end of the isle towards them, do. A really fem turn and walk back and sit down! No one shows up!! Guess I won the game!! Hehehe

Also foud a nice pair of 1 inch heels in burdandy and a pretty mauveish pink peasant skirt... All for $33 including my diet coke and a candy bar (lunch)!!

So who says you can't have fun shopping no matter how your dressed!! Lol. So anyone ever have security called while you were shopping?

Love Karren
    life is ALWAYS an adventure with karren hutton....you rock, girlie!

Smile plucky

I had a second game going on simulraniously... Appearently WV women aren't real fond of us girls and I had two boxs of ladies shoes under my arm.. Walking down the isles.. And I noticed that this one lady would stop what she was doing a move to a different isle when ever I came down the row.. Became kind of like a chess match, except I was the queen... She must have been the pawn!! Hehe.

Wearing the burgandy shoes on the trip home and stopped at the rest area, went in with them on!! They look sooo cute!! Took a pic which I'll post later.. Lol

Guess I have to go back to work.... Groannnn..

Love Karren
    lol that is hilarious....you are awesome...

securete'

You go Girl! I admire you--I think.
    Yes, a couple of months ago as I mentioned. I was wearing my wig and trying on several dresses and came out of fitting room for the bigger mirror. A lady tried to grab my fitting room--and my pants were in there! I had to use my voice and she read me. Later she complained to store manager. But they know me there. Nice about it, but manager asked me to not talk to other customers.

Here's the shoes.... and the skirt.....and they coordinate!!!! With my pink top and my fem leather jacket..... It's my outfit for Thrusday morning assuming the weather is nice enough....

btw....the photo of me in the shoes is in my favorite Family Restroom (aka Gender

Changing Station) in the welcome rest area coming into PA!!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-25-2007 at 07:56 AM.

.......My Photos

Karren you are to much. you post the best threads of any one yet. just you
    sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Slip Lover

Wild One

Karren, you are a nut! hehehe

Ashley

Karren , You're a hoot!

With an anouncement like that I would have froze and turned every color of beet red. I would have been waiting for the other shoe to drop (so to speak)expecting someone - from the fashion police - to say up against the wall and spread em!!!

Jennifer
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Banned Read only

Used to be in security

Most likely they were watching you but from near by if at all. (You can tell if it is a two way mirror by putting your face close and blocking the light, you will be able to see in! To work the room behind the “mirror’ has to be dark. They are not used much because cameras are so inexpensive and can be hidden. Exit signs, clocks, books on shelves, smoke detectors, heat detectors, clock radios, IR motion detectors, Fire sprinklers can be a camera to name a few.

If it was about you then the sales person was told by security “We can no do anything unless he leaves without paying for the shoes or is disruptive”. Could also been that they had a problem with the register or needed change etc, but not likely. You are not breaking any laws looking and cannot be thrown out. All they can do is intimated by watching. If they harass they will be sued and have been.

Many years ago they used to arrest people who put things in their pockets while still in the store. People sued and won saying they intended to buy it. So they can not arrest until you leave the store with merchandise you did not pay for.

Great job of staying cool. It is guilt that gives people away. Read of a army officer that walked into a top security nuclear plant without authorization just by being pushy. He said he could do it and was not believed so he did it to prove it.

Stand you ground, they can only make a fuss and that will get them in trouble.

security paranoia

And one other security trick: Stores that use a PA system( usually lower end retailers) have canned anouncements that go over the PA regularly with announcements like you heard, just to let the customer think they are being watched. If a store employee suspects something and wants security to check it out, they do not put it over the PA system, they get security personnel on a radio or private line.
    Karen Francis

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    Most likely they were watching you but from near by if at all. (You can tell if it is a two way mirror by putting your face close and blocking the light, you will be able to see in! To work the room behind the “mirror’ has to be dark. They are not used much because cameras are so inexpensive and can be hidden. Exit signs, clocks, books on shelves, smoke detectors, heat.
    I always hear those anouncements when I'm in a store shopping but this is the first time that I'm almost 99.9% sure it was aimed at me.. And when they made it, it became a personal challenge!! Lol.

It's time to play "Beat the Crossdresser".

Todays contestant must navaigate his way through the isles, collecting shoes, boots and a skirts... And reach the cahsieer without being discovered, arrested or ostrasized!!

Ohhh and stay under $35!!

The winner will get to keep his purchases... The looser will receive these nice parting gifts................ Here's Johnny to tell us about those fine gifts....

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Banned Read only

Yes and no

Quote Originally Posted by Karen S. View Post
    And one other security trick: Stores that use a PA system( usually lower end retailers) have canned anouncements that go over the PA regularly with announcements like you heard, just to let the customer think they are being watched. If a store employee suspects something and wants security to check it out, they do not put it over the PA system, they get security personnel on a radio or private line.
    Security personal in stores are not in uniforms, unless they hire a security company. Stores are into appearences so a radio on the belt is tacky. They would call the security office or ping. The pings you hear are a morse code and tell people to call the operator for instructions. You are probally right the call to security was bogas.

In my security classes the instructor said there are two methods to store security, one to hid and the arrest the other is to be a deterrent. Arresting is tricky because all they have to do it to drop the item without you seeing it.

It is best if you suspect someone you just stand their and watch so they can see you.

Calling Security over the pager is being a deterrent. But will not hinder the pro shoplifter.

By the way it is employee theft that is where stores have their biggest losses.

Attention X-Mart Shoppers

There's a prevert in isle three!

Ok, you, up against the wall and spread 'em!
    Oh my, honey! Without even a kiss first? I'm not that kind of a gurl!

Hey Karren, maybe after you retire, you can get a job as a "secret shopper", giggle.

Todays contestant must navaigate his way through the isles, collecting shoes, boots and a skirts... And reach the cahsieer without being discovered, arrested or ostrasized!!

Love Karren
    Okay, see here's where I lose the game. Under $35? How can a girl shop for nice shoes on a budget?

I love your attitude Karren.
    When I'm buying stuff and get unnerved, I just try to remember the basic rules of retail:
    "The customer is ALWAYS right." (even when they are stupidly wrongwrongwrong )
    "If you got the money, we got the goods."

Anyone who doesn't follow those 2 basic principles doesn't deserve your business.

"I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I wanna be like Karen when I grow up!

Way to go! Wow have you got major courage. I wouldn't have ran, but there is no doubt it would have put a huge lump in my throat and scared hell outta me.
    Kim

Karren your a card ! Hey anybody notice the pretty chick in her avatar ? I so love the look of those full skirts.

Karren -- They probably called security because they saw another of them Pennsylvanians. We have to learn to stay north of the Mason-Dixon line where we belong.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Gosh, that's never happened to me (knock on wood!) but if it did I don't know what I'd do - way to hang in there Karren! Thus far I've also never tried on women's shoes in the store, maybe if I did it'd cause a freakout

I always hear those anouncements when I'm in a store shopping but this is the first time that I'm almost 99.9% sure it was aimed at me.. And when they made it, it became a personal challenge!! Lol.

The winner will get to keep his purchases... The looser will receive these nice parting gifts................ Here's Johnny to tell us about those fine gifts....

Love Karren

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Karren -- They probably called security because they saw another of them Pennsylvanians. We have to learn to stay north of the Mason-Dixon line where we belong.
    Funny you should mention that... the store was just south of Wheeling in the pan handle and it is just north of the M-D line!! Lol

Karren

.......My Photos

Another wonderful adventure, Karren! Thank you. And thank you to those who offered related advice.

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    Most likely they were watching you but from near by if at all. (You can tell if it is a two way mirror by putting your face close and blocking the light, you will be able to see in! To work the room behind the “mirror’ has to be dark. They are not used much because cameras are so inexpensive and can be hidden. Exit signs, clocks, books on shelves, smoke detectors, heat detectors, clock radios, IR motion detectors, Fire sprinklers can be a camera to name a few.

If it was about you then the sales person was told by security “We can no do anything unless he leaves without paying for the shoes or is disruptive”. Could also been that they had a problem with the register or needed change etc, but not likely. You are not breaking any laws looking and cannot be thrown out. All they can do is intimated by watching. If they harass they will be sued and have been.

Many years ago they used to arrest people who put things in their pockets while still in the store. People sued and won saying they intended to buy it. So they can not arrest until you leave the store with merchandise you did not pay for.

Great job of staying cool. It is guilt that gives people away. Read of a army officer that walked into a top security nuclear plant without authorization just by being pushy. He said he could do it and was not believed so he did it to prove it.

Stand you ground, they can only make a fuss and that will get them in trouble.
    warmly, Linnea

karren
    now that's a real adventure in shopping never had any thing even close to that i think you won hee hee hee
    that must have been real fun i bet you will top it next time
    Holly is our offical mon and you are our leader
    charge to the next shopping site

love susie e