Thread: Loosing It

Loosing It

Has anybody out there ever lost the desire to dress? I suffer with severe emphazma and some days just getting out of bed is a chore. I used to wear a bra and panties every day under my drap clothes. I was shaved completely and usually had clear polish on my nails and a little bit of mascarra. I can't explain it I just stopped feeling like I wanted to be a woman.

I think that's normal. There are more enthusiastic phases and less enthusiastic ones. I think it has something to do that it costs quite a bit emotional and mental energy. There are days, when you just feel exhausted, the more the more you have emotional ups and downs with it, I guess.

I never stop feeling like a woman but there are times when I do not want to go to the hassle of dressing and makeup to leave the house. At home I am always dressed in casual women's clothing but not the wig and makeup. My wife frequently feels the same way.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

poor health=less desire

I can relate to health related problems interfering with the urge to dress. I had a very serious illness last year - was diagnosed with cancer and underwent very aggressive chemo and radiation therapy. It's hard to feel glamorous when you are on the verge of throwing up for 6 months. (Which was actually too bad because I had absolutely no body hair to worry about during that time... lol). But got beyond that, went into remission, returned to health and now have returned to wanting to dress.

I find that when I have a girl friend I tend to loose the desire to dress. I have no idea why, but I still act femme even though I'm not dressed sometimes.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

Oh yes, being really sick can make you lose the urge to dress, it did for me. But when it came back again boy did it come back, the thing is while I was ill I had the house to myself and could have dressed for hours each day, but apart from the urge I had no energy either, it was all I could do to look after myself. Such is life I guess.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Davis View Post
    .......I suffer with severe emphazma and some days just getting out of bed is a chore.
    Donna, I hope that you at least have quit smoking?

I've had quite long periods when the desire to dress has dissappeared until something then happens to trigger it off again.

Fran

My situation doesn't allow me to dress every day or even every week for that matter, however I sometimes don't have the desire even when I do have the opportunity. But other times, I just can't seem to get enough. That said, I still think about it pretty much everyday even if I don't want to or can't dress. It's weirdly in the back of my mind seemingly all the time.
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

Mine really comes down to free time and energy.

Donna,

Thanks for starting this thread. For reasons other than physical health, I too have not dressed in quite a while. Work has been a strain for the last four months which mirrors my desire to dress. I rarely have time to myself to do so. I'll have to make the time I guess.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Smile It's Normal

[SIZE="3"]It's normal to have days you don't feel like dressing. Had plenty myself. When you're not feeling good, you don't feel like doing anything.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Yes GinaVegas I quit 5 years ago but it was to late. The damage was already done. I still want to and every morning I get up and think about it, but I can't do it. I don't feel like I did before, before I felt like I wanted to be a woman and everyday tried to be as feminine as I possible while still being in drab, you know bra under baggy shirt clear nail polish things like that. I can't seem to get those feeling back. I really miss my stuff and feeling sexy and feminine. Thanks girls for all your support

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    I live alone so I could dress every day if I wanted to and I used to do that. I have not had the desire to dress since October of 2006. Since that time I can count on one hand how many times I have dressed and I had to force myself to because I really didn't want to. I know the desire to dress will come back at some point in time. When it does I'll go shopping.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

A few times but nothing more than a few days long.... That is recently....

Did have a 10 year period where I didn't dress or even think of dressing!! Pretty much corelated it to my pitutary tumor and the secretion of the female hormone Prolactin... Which beside making my breasts larger also trashed my testosterone levels.... So after treatment my T levels went back up and the urge to dress returned with a vengence!!! Lol.

Hmmmmm So my urge to dress like a woman is due to my male hormones??? Go figure!! Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Donna

I have also lost it. Haven't dressed in 2 weeks. It something that comes and goes. I know from years of dressing that I will be back so now I just keep all my things so I don't have to buy all new again when I start over. I will take things to the cleaners maybe get rid of things that don't fit any more. Just hang in there it will come back.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I am sorry you feel that way Donna, I have a Male side that has to be around, but I would never turn down a chance to dress. I do wear panties and a Bra when I can under my Drab clothes.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I have gone from a period that I did not dress for 2 years, to being dressed 1/2 the month of December. I have found the more my male side has been feminized the less there is a need to dress, strange but the more I can pass the less I want to dress. Go figure.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I (as does everyone else by the looks of the replys posted so far) sometimes loose the notion to dress up from time to time usually lasting a month or two tops, but something always pulls me back in.

Banned Read only

Me too

It seems the more I "Vent" on this site the less I want to dress. I have not be able anyway because I never have time to my self. So this place is therapy.

PS still want breasts though, that is not getting any better!

Today is different, I have time to dress, I want to dress but I feel so weak and shaky I can't, just because you're sick you don't lose the desire. Nor do you lose it sometimes because you aren't sick, one thing on thinking back though. When I was in my teens up until about 19/20 the desire was strong, went away for a bit, of and on, came back mid twenties to late thirties, then went away again, off and on, now and since I was just a bit over 40 here it is again, very very strong now.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

Gold Member
    Yes it has, lack of time causes this problem a lot, back in the day when CDing was just putting a dress on and panthose on it was simple, now being Tina takes time, I mean look at me i'm such a HOTTIE , it takes time to look like that

I haven't lost the desire. At least for the last 16 years!