Thread: Progress towards full RLE

I must be dreaming

Progress towards full RLE

The world is not as I thought. My simplistic mind regularizes reality, makes every person think alike, have the same opinions, judgments and reactions. I think that mostly they don't like me. This is because I am so different. I'm a loner, maverick, artist type who has always looked for the unconventional solution. To me this is the only way to be. I cannot think of being one of the crowd. Yesterday, shopping at Costco, I was given a lesson in different strokes for different folks. Standing in line waiting to pay for my items, I started noticing that I was not the weirdest looking person there. I saw a blonde reggae guy with hair all matted, folks with all sorts of tatoos and body peircings, and to cap it off an older gent sporting a six inch hunting knife. He had it holstered on his belt. The guy was decked out like a retired Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell. The had his name tattooed on his neck in bold script. Now perhaps in a rural area this outfit might be normal but here in the city, this was different. OK, so I'm standing next to this fellow with my outfit all femme including a floral embroidered jacket thinking that, I am just another unusual person among many.

This experience comes on the heels of a weekend where I finally broke down and went shopping with my wife for clothes. We bought a lot of nice things and they were for both of us. The wonderful thing is that everything came from the women's section. I tried on tops in full view of the others and gradually I forgot that there were there. For once, I was able to be me and not think about what others think. I also saw a transgendered teen with his mother. We looked at each other with knowing smiles. Very liberating.
    A work in progress

Yup, even 'weirdos' shop CostCo.

Wait'll ya try WeirdCo, though.

So, next time you're shopping at Costco, could you check their washers for me and see if they have any with a "normal" setting? I might need one of those so something in my life is . . .

Hugs,
    'lissa

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    Costco does, if not I will check it out the next time I go there to get my perscription refilled. BTW I did have a little trouble there when I gave them my membership card one time but had it taken care of when I went to the membership desk and had my card changed to show my female name. They were very helpful when I explained the situation but could not do it for my Costco Credit Card, I have to mail in a copy of my legal name change to the credit card issuer and the name change is still in the works.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss