Thread: On CSI: NY tonight

Platinum Member

on CSI: NY tonight

CSI: NY
    60 Min. 10:00 PM Wed., Jan 24
    Ch3, WCAX, CC, Stereo

"The Lying Game"
    A transgender showgirl is murdered outside a hotel where a congressional banquet and a magazine launch party are being held, leaving the team with a long list of possible suspects.

The butler did it, in the library, with the candlestick.

I saw the trailer for tonight's show, looks like it could be a good one.

After watching the CSI NY show tonight, I was very distressed by what I saw, there was a general respect for the transgendered person, but at the end the "gentleman" who was accused of the murder brought back to me, the bigotry that exists in real life. He was a vile person
    Last edited by Daintre; 01-24-2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: had to correct my opinion
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I Didn't Do It, Nobody Saw Me Do It, Can't Prove Anything!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

On CSI: NY tonight

Hi all! Did anyone see the CSI show called the "Lying Game" ? It was on Tuesday night Jan 23rd and I missed it. I think it had a transgendered person in it. I was just wondering how she was portrayed, negatively (as tv usually does) or positively.

why cant the crossdresser ever be the hero?

Platinum Member
    well the show was done with respect to her they refereed to her as "HER"...the scumbag that killed got what he diserved....

I missed that one, but I caught another one last night on one of those shows (sorry, they're all the same to me, so I forgot which one). The killer turned out to be an FtM TS who had transitioned and I suppose this was his way of avoiding being found out - I missed most of the episode. Ugh! I agree that we've yet to see one of us be the hero for a change. We're always either the victim or the villain. This bothers me because it just re-emphasizes what stupid, uneducated people think of us. If they can't use the media to shed some light on ignorance, they shouldn't mention us at all.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Wendy.... Why do "we" always get murdered or end up the bad guy.... girl???

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I hope we will see that episode overhere in Europe soon.

Just as a spinoff of your post, there have been quite a few episodes of TV (I mean Television) series which featured X-dressers and in all of the one I saw the role given to the X-dreser was always positively depicted, trying to give an image of x-dressing that was far from that usually given in many medias.
    In one of them I remember a reply by one of the characters "You know X-dressers aren't some sort of sexual perverts, they just are men who like to dress as women."
    In the TV serie that I saw yesterday night, the character playing the X-dresser was in fact having a more positive role than some of the Police inspectors...
    Perhaps these may have a better impact on the general public than any campaigns we could dream of...

Eugenie

We recorded that CSI episode and watched it last night. It was pretty good, they first noticed "what big feet she has" then "What big hands she has" I though it was OK except for the fact that the "drag queen" was using the mens room. She was presenting as a girl wouldn't she have been in the ladies room?
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sage GG

we have a hero sister karren she's an insperation for all of us

susie

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
    The butler did it, in the library, with the candlestick.
    Sounds like the plot to an adult film.
    Hail Satin!

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

csi

Having seen many shows dealing with transgender in their theme. They have a hard time properly repersenting this due to the unbrella termonology. Also remember that the vic. was a female impersonator who went to far by invading the personal space of the man who killed her. You see, for some people there is a fine line between accepting who they are and what people percieve them to be. The man did not know that he was being kissed by a drag queen and/or female impersonator. His coworkers did know and never told him. Once he found out in the heat of passion, his own sexuality was threatened and this alone can cause people to loose control. Thus, the unfortunate death of a person whom was fine with who they were.

Its an unfortunate truth that this episode brought forth. The misleading actions of a person like that actually happens every day though the results are never or unlikely to be publicized. And it is because of these actions that the resulting transphobic feelings are showen worldwide.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineCadence View Post
    Having seen many shows dealing with transgender in their theme. They have a hard time properly repersenting this due to the unbrella termonology. Also remember that the vic. was a female impersonator who went to far by invading the personal space of the man who killed her. You see, for some people there is a fine line between accepting who they are and what people percieve them to be. The man did not know that he was being kissed by a drag queen and/or female impersonator. His coworkers did know and never told him. Once he found out in the heat of passion, his own sexuality was threatened and this alone can cause people to loose control. Thus, the unfortunate death of a person whom was fine with who they were.

Its an unfortunate truth that this episode brought forth. The misleading actions of a person like that actually happens every day though the results are never or unlikely to be publicized. And it is because of these actions that the resulting transphobic feelings are showen worldwide.
    I saw it and
    The moral is "if you play fire, you are likely to get burned". Both did, and both got burned.

"Lady Fingers"

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    why cant the crossdresser ever be the hero?
    If you can find a copy, check out the British movie "Just Like A Woman", has a CD who is essentially the "hero", along with his accepting SO. I know it was released on VHS, haven't seen a DVD of it other than an Ebay copy, which is probably a VHS-to-DVD transfer.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member

One small note....and how many times is it in tv shows that the women are being killed? If not killed, abused and trashed? In tv-land women are definitely expendable. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Owens GG View Post
    One small note....and how many times is it in tv shows that the women are being killed? If not killed, abused and trashed? In tv-land women are definitely expendable. IMHO.
    Very good point Kerry. Very good point indeed.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning