Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Fashioned Fashion

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

Old Fashioned Fashion

I was just wondering if there are any others out there who have an interest in women's clothing styles of the past? Just curious.

I am very attracted to styles of the period when I was growing up. 50s and 60s. All those floaty skirts and suspenders and stockings. Then MINI skirts. I'd love to dress in one of those tight bodice top skirts with big floaty dress and amazing underwear and stockings etc etc

When you think about it, a lot of fetish type styles in CD are based firmly in the late 40s and 50s. Stilletoes particularly. Petticoats etc .

Tristen Cox

Talking

Definitly. My favorite would be the late Victorian bustles 1883-1889. Love 'em

Sure. I love to play dress-up.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I just love the 40's and 50's styles. They just seem to be so much omre fem than the styles that are avalible now. And for sure they are sexier than the stuff that the teens and early twenty something girls are wearing now. I just can't imagine advertising what type and color of panties I am wearing. Kind of like seeing the plumbers crack when he is working on your sink.

huggs
    anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Definately the 50's and early 60s styles and the country girl look for me.
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

40s, 50s, & 60s for me. Some of the new fashions are okay, but I have a thing for the Donna Reed look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Susan
    40s, 50s, & 60s for me. Some of the new fashions are okay, but I have a thing for the Donna Reed look.
    [SIZE=7]AMEN![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    One of those old fashioned lace-up corsets from long ago that took like another person to tighten from the back would be an interesting expierence. Painful but interesting.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Sure. I love to play dress-up.

omg geusse what i love to play dressup ..........its fun and keeps in the shopping mode...........................play time.......................

Kellie Day
    A source of exquisite fashion in all sizes from the time before "practical" destroyed the extravagance of womens' clothes (what's "practical" about a necktie, anyway) is:

http://www.recollections.biz/

For the bouffant fashions of decades past, I'm sure many of you have already discovered:

http://www.pettipond.com/

if not, check it out. They have links to folks who make such becoming outfits to order.

I have nothing at all to do with either site. I'm simply providing links for those who wish to expand their fashion horizon beyond what's currently in the shops.

Lana Turner in "The Postman Always Rings Twice". OMG.

I just dress around home, so for me it's dressup time almost whenever I want to.

I'm a child of the 50s/60s and like to incorporate clothing styles from that era.

For me, pants are for boy mode. I like old fashioned style foundation garments - longline bras, bustiers, open bottom girdles, waist cinchers, a front lacing corset, almost always gartered stockings, nylon or satin panties, slips and petticoats.

I prefer dresses and skirts that I can pouf out with petticoats - just got my 3 rd petticoat recently. They are each different lengths - all the better to layer with.

I get my petticoats mostly from an online square dance store (lower prices for the same ones sold on CD websites), and the last time I ordered, I tried pettipants, and they're so cute with the tiers of pastel lace - just the thing for a maid outfit!

Jadeanne

I love to explore!

One of the things I love about cross dressing is the exploration.

New fabrics. New looks. Petite look versus Junior versus Missy. Trying to find a part of me that I know is there, but don't really know as much as I like.

The more I do, the more I want to do.

Wherever I look, one of the primary things I see is women's fashion. Movies, books, magazines. How about those "old time photos" boothes at carnivals and resorts. Don't you just want to put on every outfit. (By the way has anyone done that? I've never had the right "chance".)

So, to expore the fashions of old. Wow, that would be great.

As for a favorite. I guess I'll have to choose the victorian bustle too. Or perhaps a Wilma Flintstones dress and bone in my hair!

I have to admit, though, my love is for today's "Western" (as in euro, american, not "wild west") culture's vision of feminity. The neutral vision, like a sarong or burka, as seems to be popular with the muslim culture, just doesn't do much for me. Careful, that's out there on the politically incorrect world.

Anyway, thanks for a great question that lets me dream.

Jerry

retro fashion

I love the 18thcentury, 19th century and edwardian fashions, as well as the 50s look, so much more feminine than today. Anyone remember the womens dresses in the film'' dangerous liaisons'' , gorgeous 18th century fashion to die for, a real feast for the eyes.

Aspiring Member
    Yes you bet several eras I do like!. Suzy!.

sandim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Susan
    Same here! I spend way too much money in the vingtage/retro stores! I also adore retro girdles and bullet bras. Sort of a fetish I guess, but sooo much fun!

Sandra Michelle

Vickie-CD
    Yes, Yes Yes, I think the gowns and so forth of the 1920's and 30's were nothing short of the epitemy of fashion. This is my favorite era. I love watching those beautiful actresses on TCM.
    Love to All,
    Vickie

I love looking at the fashions from bygone eras, but as to actually wearing them? No thanks! Give me the soft, comfortable fabrics and fashions of the current fashion scene anyday.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Hi,

Like a lot of the girls here, I have to say that the late 40s and early fifties are my favourite periods. The cuts of the clothes were so feminine then. Ebay is a good source for vintage and vintage style clothing. Before my 'reawakening' I was going for a 50s look and bought the cutest 50s style hat and clutch bag for only a few pounds.

I have posted this image before, but it is a favourite of mine.

Mona xx.
    Last edited by MonaSmith; 01-29-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Banned Read only
    I like retro lingerie from the 40's and 50's. Probably number one favorite things are bullet bras from the 50's...circle stitched bullet cups are fantastic. Also like OBG's from the era, especially.

I find a lot of things on Ebay. It's a great day when I find something from that era and it's in my size.

[size=4] ! ! ! The Perfect Dress ! ! ! [/size]

(If I only had a 24 inch waist.)
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]

I think that women's fashions have become so practical these days. And probably for good reason.

But there is something about pre 70's underwear and fashions that really define being female for me.

Full slips, garter belts and hose, full skirts and dresses. A lot of nuisence for most woment, but I'd love to wear them for a while... *sigh*

I am an old fashioned girl.

Tris

I still love wearing Pendleton skirts which I think are timeless matched with either a blouse and sweater vest or twin set. Mona Lisa Smiles is a great movie for 50's fashion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

High Rennaissance anyone? I have always loved this dress, and the ermine on her arm is pretty cute too.

I suppose if I lived in tudor England, I would have been a plowman, but I can still like the dresses!

Megan
    Attached Images Attached Images