Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your own work...?

Your own work...?

Hi Girls,

I was just wondering....is your avatar a picture of you having done your own makeup etc...or is it one from a makeover (even a personal one from your SO)?

In fact it would be interesting to know the circumstances of your avatar.

Mine is all my own work - does it show? ...and I think it was just an evening dressing.

Em

All my own work, definetly, I would love to have a chance for someone to do a make-over on me, I would love to have someone tell me what to do but not likely to happen in a hurry.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    My avatar is just how I'd like to look like in the real life.

I have a pic of myself in my profile which is the best make-up I ever achieved. BTW, that happened just once... it's hard to replicate!
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

My avatar is a picture my sister took at the Macy's counter during my first outing. I had done my own make up earlier in the day but was getting a few touchups for the rest of the day.

I really should up date it. The grey wig has been replaced with a brown one.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Do my own makeup, though I'm still learning.

My current avatar was taken when I was trying on different outfits for different looks.

Yep, they are all my own work. I've always done my own makeup, just my style, that's all for better or for worse.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This is from my avatar. I try to go very light on the makeup and the shoulder-length hair really minimizes alot of masculine facial features.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, that was a little too big. Sorry

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    HI Em

As you know I tend not to show an avitar, but this is because both Raksha and I visit the site, so there is no chance of Tracy popping up on screen when there about. aA we both visit here (use the internet) when they are about!

The picture in my profile is all my own work, I've never had a full makeover professionally done and see little point to paying for something I could never reproduce, so I'll keep to doing it myself.

As for Avitar's I do think they should be a representation of yourself, and not a picture of another person. I don't have a problem with cartoon avitars, they show the persons as the character they wish to be, however I do feel it's wrong to show another persons real picture, ie actress, model, or RG, as that not a representation of you, but a representation of another and thats not what avitars are about!

I'd much rather see a real person however good or bad, even if like me you hide it in the profile. At least people get a real feeling for who you really are.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Yep!

Yea, my current avatar is just the usual make-up and such, and I took a few snaps with one of my shorter dresses that I don't have many chances to wear out these days (It's 4 below zero out today, BTW)
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

All me, minimal foundation, no lippy, cropped from a full length shot (similar to my profile pic) and softened a bit to iron out the wrinkles.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Guess... no make up, no makeover, no face either
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Mine is my own work. I was traveling alone a few weekends ago and naturally had all my "stuff" with me. I took my avatar picture after an evening of getting all dolled up in my hotel room. I find I can do my best work in places like hotel rooms where I am free from the threat of interuption from others (like one can have at home) and where I have all the time I want to work my magic.
    Hugs,
    Christy

Because of the fact that I don't use makeup or a wig. I guess my avatar is how I would like to look if I was more advanced. Who knows maybe someday.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Its all me including self timed pics

All my own work

Yep! It's all me! Don't know whether it's a good pic of me or not, but it's one that I had just done before I joined up, so captured me at that time just right i think.
    I wouldn't dream of having a makeover done! So far, I seem to get by just fine with my own efforts.

It's me for better or worse. Current avatar was taken last week. Just light makeup. I try to change the avatar every couple of weeks.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I do my own makeup and the avatar is cropped from a pic taken during one of my usual dressing sessions.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I did my own makeup shown in the avatar pic. However, the pic was taken at a scheduled photo appointment at a department store studio two Halloweens ago. I didn't tell the lady photographer I was a guy and she never indicated differently.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hi : The pic in my avatar make up etc was all done by me. I haven't done much but lipstick and eyebrows yet but I am ready to take the next step. Pic in profile was done professionlly by Adam n Eve in SF. Kahlan

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]It’s all mine,one from the many times I'm out. Rembrandt I’m not more like color by numbers, but I have found something that works for me, and have gotten better over the year. I am planning on getting a makeover and some professional pictures taken in drab as well as enfem for a portfolio, hope to dabble in acting in the near future. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I havent dressed in front of my S.O. yet. So this is all me 100% natural. Man-I feel like a woman

My avatar isn't of my face but I do my own makeup, as soon as I get another "good" shot I'll put it in my profile. But the avatar is a litle of my two favorite things...CDing and ???? haha Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

My own... never had anyone ever help me with my makeup.... practice practice!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes I do my own makeup. Some times are better than others. I enjoy doing it. Sometimes I wear full makeup including foundation other times just a touch of blush and lipstick.
    Margot