Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your own work...?

Mine is after a professional makeup artist did the makeup and a professional photo shoot. Unfortunately it was before the digital age came out and all I had were the photos in my hand in front of my web cam.

I will have better professional digital photos taken next month in a local transformation service that I will post afterward.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

all my own work , two years ago i paid for a makeup lesson after that it's practice, practice , practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The wig was purchased pre-styled on Ebay, but I usually do my own wig styling, everything else is my own work. The photo was taken after returning home from a local group meeting.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma_Forbes View Post
    Hi Girls,

I was just wondering....is your avatar a picture of you having done your own makeup etc...or is it one from a makeover (even a personal one from your SO)?

In fact it would be interesting to know the circumstances of your avatar.

Mine is all my own work - does it show? ...and I think it was just an evening dressing.

Em
    <----------It's me, no make up, no fuss no muss

As Sinatra would say, "I did it my way"! Mainly because this is the one area I don't get any help from my wife, she never uses makeup so I've had to figure it out on my own. She's a good critic though, if I use too much eyeliner she asks what street corner I plan to stand on....

that's all my own handy work altough i would like to have a pro do my makeup some day it's like karren says practice makes perfect and some days are better athn others

susie

My avatar is all my wife's work including the leather skirt and sweater. This was taken on Christmas day 1990 and everything you see were gifts from her.
    Krystal Lynn

It's all me, and I always do my own makeup, hair, etc. This was taken just after an outing with several friends in San Francisco this fall, which explains why the hair is a little bit windblown.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Mine is not me at all but more how I feel. I have posted a picture of me here. No make-up just lipstick. Wig is from eBay... I haven't shown my picture much....
    Last edited by Peggy55; 07-07-2007 at 06:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

all my work

I always do my own makeup and hair styles,, also take my own pics too. This current avitar pic is from early December after setting my wig in rollers then trying a up-doo look.
    (trying the same look at a party tonight )

Cindy

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    This is all me and I am not a professional by any means. So in other words it is OK for all of you to try this yourself.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

My avatar shows my skills as they were 11 years ago. I can do much better now - I've arranged with a GG friend to do a photo shoot once I have a few more clothes (everything got thrown out a while back).

The picture was taken by another GG friend - supportive friends have made all the difference for me.
    I'm bigendered - butch/femme!

Mine avater is a pic of my feet took during a secluded picnic, the pics i posted of my face the SO done the makeup as she is way better at it than me. When I do my own I look like a reject from twisted sister lol.

I did mine all by myself and my current avatar is one of the very few keepers that came from my first picture session. My mini tripod was a disaster and my rechargable batteries ran out after only a few shots. I switched to alkaline batteries and my regular tripod.

I wear the dress often with slight variations of accessories when I do chores around the house.

Jadeanne

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    I did my own makeup shown in the avatar pic. However, the pic was taken at a scheduled photo appointment at a department store studio two Halloweens ago. I didn't tell the lady photographer I was a guy and she never indicated differently.
    When I grow up, I want to be just like you!
    That must have been thrilling!

Oh, And I too do my own makeup.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Strange

has anyone else notice, that besides 3 cartoon avitars, the only people that have actually given an answer here, have genuine pictures in there avitars or profiles?
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Haven't had a makeover yet. So it's all me lots of practice.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Mine is all my own work.

Make up and dress.

It's all my work, and it shows! Usually will just have lipstick on, since I will do full makeup only when I'm going to be alone in the house for a while, which is once in a great while.

That is all my own work on makeup and outfit. Also, no photo of me has been touched up or photo-shopped. The avatar photo was taken by a friend as I sat in the hotel lobby for Erie Gala waiting to leave for dinner theater in town.

Jodi