Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Get Started Dressing?

How Did You Get Started Dressing?

I started in an unusual way. When I was around 5-6, I only had girls to play with in my neighborhood. The boys in the area were all older & didn't want a little kid hanging around with them, so I just played with the girls. Of course, all we played were girls games including makeup & dressup. I really enjoyed playing dressup & simply got hooked. I kept dressing even after I had boys to play with & when the girls lost interest in playing dressup with a boy when we got a little older, I was crushed by not playing with them. Then I started dressing in my sister's & mothers clothing. I never stopped.

it's been so long ago i don't want to remember just get better at it
    practice makes perfect

susie

I have an excessive amount of Estrogen in my body. The condition
    is called Gynecomastia, and my breasts started to develop at 10 and
    11 years old ... Everybody made fun of my "Boy-Tits," called me horiffic
    names, and told me I needed to wear a bra ... By age 13 my boobs
    would fill the cups of Mom's 36B bras ... I just added just added
    stockings, dresses, slips, and high heel shoes as time went on ...
    I fell in love with the way female clothing feels on my skin when
    I'm "dressed" over 40 years ago and I've never looked back.

Jeanine

everyone seems to have such vivid memories of what sparked their dressing.
    I have to say i can barely remember a thing before the age of 7, and know i was regularly dressing by age of 10... what happened before that i have absolutely no idea

While most of my memories are from my early teens, I do have some vague memories of when I was in the 1st and 2nd grade playing dress-up in my aunt's gowns. She let us have them because they were all outdated. I remember keeping them in a club house. This is like a flashback.

Back in 1965, at age 12 by wearing a pair of my 14 year old sister's school knickers , then when I could when alone at home her other clothes especially School Uniform (we took the same size in clothing) and went on from there, that's 42 years now.

I had always been attracted to girls' clothes, dolls toys, comics, and games rather than boys'.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I can remember my first time, I spotted my older sisters bikini in the bathroom drying and I just knew I had to try it on......that was the beginning. Its funny 'cause the bra portion of the bikini was so padded, I didn't need any filling
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Junior Member Samantha Jane Foster's Avatar
    I didn't start until I was out of college, which seems weird. But I had an older brother (still do!) who would have beat me up badly if he had caught me wearing women's things (he picked on me anyway). We lived in a rural area and my dad was a rancher (still is), and as a highly impressionable sensitive kid I tried to fit in by acting tough and macho. We were also very religious and I was afraid I would go to hell. My mom wasn't allowed to wear makeup or jewelry so it wasn't around to tempt me. I was a bright kid (what happened?) and maybe was smart enough to know not to do certain things, for the safety of my as-yet-unbloodied nose and my as-yet-not-hellbound soul. For these reasons, I just shoved down all my desires until almost the end of college. One time when I was home, after I had graduated, I put on one of my mom's dresses and felt-- alive (though I looked a little ridiculous).

Going back to when I was four or five I always thought I was ugly. In high school I was constantly in a state of deep depression. I'd wake up and look at my shoulders and chest and every black hair was like the leg of a spider crawling up me. I wanted to destroy my body. Anyhow, on a more cheerful note, I tried to kill myself after my college girlfriend left me-- afraid that now that she was gone, I'd really end up as a gay crossdresser (which I did, luckily).

I always thought girls were beautiful and I would stare at their faces and figures for hours. But it didn't make me happy being with one, at least in the sense that even though l loved each of my girlfriends (not three at the same time, mind you-- I wasn't two- or three-timing), I still felt very empty inside and sort of like I wanted to disappear into their being, become completely absorbed by their identity, because I hated playing the role of the guy.

Well, one evening in the late nineties I was in the bath and for some reason I decided to shave my armpits. Then, clearly not in my right mind, I proceeded to shave my lower legs. I liked it-- they looked like girls' legs. Later on, stomach, chest, etc. I bought a pair of black panties from Victoria's Secret. The rest is history, or herstory, if I wanted to make a corny play on words (which I don't).

I started when I was around 11 years with bras, girdles and panties. As I grew up this has gradually developed over the years.

Fran.

is in her vest
    Hi

I can so easily remember my mum getting a pair of my sisters frilly panties on me, and then locking me outside when I was about 7....still don't know why. Maybe it was just something she did for fun? I'm not sure if this was my first exposure to girls underwear, but it's my earliest clear memory....now you can't get the panties off me!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar

Wink My Roommate made me do it !

My College Roommate was a Beauty College Student.

She dared me to 'dress up' for Halloween.

I take non-lethal dares now and again, so she and a few of her colleagues 'did me up proper.'

I enjoyed the Dance and the lift from the floor and hot kiss from a tall boy in a football uniform. It didn't make me gay, but it sure made me laugh and wonder.... My Roommate thought it was funny too.

I did it again several times over the next 25 years before getting serious about it last fall.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I was about 10 and was always curious about what my sisters clothes would feel like on me. So one day I tried on some and I was hooked after.
    Katy

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    The first time that I remember I was 13 or 14. I tried on a pair of underwear and loved the feeling, both physical and emotional. Then I started wearing what I though were old clothes that were being stored in my closet. The funny thing is, I almost didn't start crossdressing. I already knew I was different, so putting on that underwear was a mix of "don't make it any worse" and "what the heck, you're already wrong, what have you got to lose".
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

I really think the first time was when I was very young around 6 or 7. My sisters played dress up with me, I don't know if I asked to be dressed up or not, but I do kinda remember the dress. It was a dress that got handed down from sister to sister. I had three all older than me the youngest being 5 years older. It was a dress for young girls that had not developed the top half yet. Just a pull over style no zipper or buttons. I do remember it was Polyester as it was soft. I think that is when I got hooked. After that I remember wearing my sister clothing when I was home and nobody else was. I used to look at the Aldens Catalog and wish I could be those girls wearing all those Pretty dresses and underclothes. Oh yea Bras are the most important part to me, and I really like White full cup Bras. They are so girly.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    For some odd reason I developed a fear of the sloppy red lipstick my mother and older high school girls wore in the mid to late 1950s---I was about 8 years old. I was afraid they would put it on me and I couldnt get it off and I would be very humiliated.---not to mention look like a girl. The fear was almost erotic.

Finally, about age 12, I was home alone one day, I saw my mother's lipstick in the bathroom, so I decided to face my fear and put some on myself. I tested a spot on my arm---and found that it DID come off----then I smeared it on my lips. I got quite a high out of that, and later did it whenever I was home alone and had a chance.

I soon progressed to "Seeing what I would look like as a woman" and began to dress in moms clothes---fully dressing by age 13-14---all in secret of course---I never was caught. Of course, makeup and LIPSTICK was always essential.

I know the feeling.

Its so great to hear all the honest replies, all you gurls rock!. My first time was at the good old age of 12, tried on my moms pantyhose. Felt so natural and nice. Very relaxing.

Well one thing lead to another and here I am. 30+ years latter and getting better at it!

Huggs........

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Eight or Nine

At that age I started, not frequently, wearing my mother's hose. For many years my " dressing " waxed and waned, during my marriage it rarely ever happen, and certainly not more than underwear. After my wife death I started dressing again, and very quickly to went to 24 / 7. & Trina - Red Haired Irish Vamp
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 01-29-2007 at 09:18 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Wow!

Thanks for sharing your experince. That must have been a real step to try on the lipstick, red... Well I think you look great!

Hugss....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I didn't have any sisters but my friend did. So one day I saw a pair of his sisters panties in a laundry pile and they looked so soft and smooth that I just had to take them. That was in 6th or 7th grade and I have loved the feel of panties ever since. I buy them now instead of stealing them. Eventually I thought to myself if panties feel this good then what about everything else. Turns out almost all womens cloths feel great.

Content and Happy
    I can't remember ever not feeling female. Fifty years ago, the only thing I was told, 'I'll grow out of it or it's a phase'. The only ones who made fun of me were some of the kids I went to school with who would laugh at how I used the bathroom or the position of my feet when I was standing. So much for the growing out of it and phase thing. Now I'm very happy with who I have become.

Lanore

I always loved the soft touch of silk, satin and fine nylon lingerie. So arount age 10, I started borrowing my mom's slips and girdles, at that time most women were wearing girdles...

I just loved the feeling of my body being held tight and touching the girdle front satin pannel with my fingers was enough to turn me on tremendously. I soon moved to using my mom's "all in one open girdles", fillinig the bra cups with nylon stockings.

It is only progressively that I went further in my "en femme" dressing experience. Actually I only fully dressed "en femme" a few years after I was married. By that time I had already told my wife about my desire to wear female underwear and night gowns... I shall say that this move to full dress attire didn't please my wife who had rather easily accepted wearing women underwear as a sexual "fantazy" but didn't like the full "en femme" x-dressing idea and still doesn't...

Eugenie

I've told my "full" story in both the introduction forum last year when I joined and again in the writers section. Long story made short, I was 9 when I first explored the idea of "underthings" , Loved it instantly. During my teen years I somewhat surpressed it, even when so far as to join the military to cover myself. Somehow that didn't work too well. About 12 years ago I began again with the "undies" and the old feelings came flooding back, about four yr ago I progressed to the top half. As we all know "you can't do things part way"
    So for the past year, I've been fully dressing when I can. "Came Out" to wife this past Oct (of 06). At least I don't have to hide anymore.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

My older sister would dress my up in her doll clothes when I was a baby and continued to do so till I was almost 3. I don't have a particular memory of but my sister has told about it. I have always wanted to wear women's clothes, underware and accesories.

Crossdresser At Heart NatashaCD's Avatar
    i was about 6 or 7 one night i went to my aunts wardrobe and tried on her vintage brown knee high boots since then ive always wanted to dress but never could until about 19

maybe thats why i love knee high boots so much

I don't remember it starting, it's always been a part of me. Hugs, Kathy