Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor visit dilemma!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Doctor visit dilemma!

Ladies,

I have a problem, at least it is for me. I wear panties usually silk or satin, almost all the time. I have worn panties to a doctors office, but he was not going to examine anything in that area.

However, on Monday morning I have an appointment with a Urologist for a Prostate exam. Should I go ahead and wear the white satin panties I was going to wear, or should I be "wimpy" and go completely in drag? BTW, I have been to this doctor before, but never wearing panties!

My thinking is to wear the panties, and if he says anything I will tell him that I am a Crossdresser. If he has a problem with that, well there are other doctors. I don't think he will care! What do you think I should do?

Sissy

More Girl than man

My SO is a RN and says that she had seen it a few times in the emergency room. They are more interested in your health than what you wear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

White Satin Panties

Girl,

I would go with the Panties, usually doctors leave the room when you undress, but go for it, I would wear the panties, be yourself.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Gold Member
    Can't be any worst than what he's going to be doing, lol.

You did not mention whether you are out to your urologist.

Do you want to be ?

That would help make the decision- my 2 cents.

Flo

Quote Originally Posted by flogo920 View Post
    You did not mention whether you are out to your urologist.

Do you want to be ?

That would help make the decision- my 2 cents.

Flo
    No, I have not told my Urologist, or anyone else. But I have reached the point, or age , where I don't care if he knows. Doctors have to respect confidentiality just like a lawyer.

Sissy

More Girl than man

Sissy, I just had a prostate exam and biopsies done about three weeks ago. I did not alter my choice of lingerie for the appointment. Turned out to be a non-issue as I was asked to disrobe and put on a hospital gown prior to the doctor coming into the exam room. But, like you, it would not have made any difference to me if he had seen what I was wearing or not. He is there to practice medicine and I am there to be healed. Everything else is not important.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I have visited Doctors for urological and other intimate examinations. In each case I have still worn panties but chose a plainer non-suss pair such as plain white or some dark colour for such an occasion, not a pair with a floral pattern or pink or with a picot lace trim etc. I haven't even owned any male underwear now for decades and don't intend to buy any. No comment has ever been made about my underwear by any Doctor or Nurse and I certainly would not ever blurt out to them "I am a crossdrresser". Why should I tell them that. I have no problems with being thus, it is NOT an illness, so why tell the Doctor or Nurse about it?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I was at the doctors tuesday and had on a sports bra and satin panties. the doctor remarked that there are bras for men. I responded that I like these just fine. i do have B cup breasts and the sport bra holds them in enough when dressed in drab.

Silver Member
    The idea that your doctor cares a whit about what you wear is absurd. He/she is not at all interested in your choice of clothes. Most of the time they are going to ask you to take them off anyway, so what's the big deal? Doctors, nurses, hospital technicians have seen it all. And most have seen far more than you. Wear what ever you want to your doctors appoinment. No one will care at all.

Stephenie

Wear whatever you want. You won't have them on when your prostate is examined. Most medical folks don't care, and if they do, they wouldn't say anything to you.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=sissystephanie;733174]Ladies,

I have a problem, at least it is for me. I wear panties usually silk or satin, almost all the time. I have worn panties to a doctors office, but he was not going to examine anything in that area.

However, on Monday morning I have an appointment with a Urologist for a Prostate exam. Should I go ahead and wear the white satin panties I was going to wear, or should I be "wimpy" and go completely in drag? BTW, I have been to this doctor before, but never wearing panties!

My thinking is to wear the panties, and if he says anything I will tell him that I am a Crossdresser. If he has a problem with that, well there are other doctors. I don't think he will care! What do you think I should

No, I have not told my Urologist, or anyone else. But I have reached the point, or age , where I don't care if he knows. Doctors have to respect confidentiality just like a lawyer.

Sissy

ok then good for you you answred your own question....

that's your choice i don't think very many doctors get that involved with the patients dress code are do they care do what feels right for you

susie

Appendage
    Doctors tend to write things in files.
    Sometimes weird things.
    Those things follow you around for ever.

Wierd things:
    I had a file transfered years ago to a new doctor
    and had a chance to read it.
    The doctor which I had liked and who I felt I had a great relationship with had written a rather unflattering one dimensional description of me having dirty fingernails and shabbily dressed. Well, on that our first meeting I had just been working on my motorcycle, and was dresssed for it.
    I was pulled away for my apppointment and returned to it after.

They also tend to make notes of little things about your life, such as a title change
    Job changes etc. Another Doctor I still see actually wrote my title on my file card when I recieved a higher level in my profession, he actually added my new letters.

So, if you don't mind this type of personal thing written in your file and aren't afraid to ask if it will be written in a respectful way, then...

Personally I would not wera panties to my doctors only because I am tired of stupid things like that.
    Old and grouchy, I just think it is a priveledge to know personal things and I want those priveledges to go to the worthiest of people.

As I say, just old and grouchy.

Jestina
    Last edited by Jestina; 02-02-2007 at 07:40 AM.
    Cruisin' on a sardine boat
    Loaded with crazy people

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I have woren black satin panties for Dr's exams several times. No comment from her, the Dr. is interested in the medical .

TTFN
    Cyndie
    [/SIZE]

Lone Wolf

Gp for it

Go ahead, as long as you are paying the bill, the Dr. should be ok.

Banned Read only

If I remember the last time I had that

"wonderfully" exam you are given a gown and are told to take everything off.
    So you could be wearing Barbie underwear and no one would know.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have a lady doctor, and have been seen by her twice when I was wearing panties. However, I did chicken out a little bit I wore plain white cotton ones but you could still totally tell they were panties.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Crazy Lady
    I just changed medical plans so I had to change urologists. The new urologist was not one for gowns and had me drop my drawers right then and there. Luckily I was not completely underdressed.

Dee

I have been to several different Doctors while wearing panties. All sorts of different procedures where I needed to drop my pants and or panties. Nothing was ever said about my panties. In some instances nurses were present as well, no doubt, they could tell I was wearing panties. Also, this past November I had cataract surgery on my right eye (short stay) and I wore panties in for the procedure. I was told to put on the gown(?) and leave my underwear on....OK. After the operation I was put in a "recovery" room and monitored for awhile. There I had a male and a female nurse, while they were rearranging the covers the male nurse must have noticed the panties, as he held the covers up for a long time while he was arranging them and seemed to be trying to figure out what I had on. If anyone says anything just say I prefer them!

No worries

Most likely you will be given a gown and can privatly undress and when he/she comes in he won't be looking down below for what undergarments you have on he will be looking for anything unusual pertianing to your body and not your clothes.. I'd say where what ever you normally would. PS.. Some gowns don't close in the back

Banned Read only
    Is it really that difficult to dress like a guy for a doctors exam?

"Is it really that difficult to dress like a guy for a doctors exam?"

No it is not but why should one have to?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Helen MC View Post
    "Is it really that difficult to dress like a guy for a doctors exam?"

No it is not but why should one have to?
    Well said, Helen!

Had my exam today, and the only male things I had on were my shoes and socks. It was very cold (for Georgia) so decided not to wear stockings and ladies shoes. I wore white satin panties with lace, a white satin bra, ladies jeans(Karren wouldn't like that!) and a tight fitting knit top with the loose floppy turtle neck collar. I did not have to totally disrobe, just dropped my jeans and panties while the doctor did his thing! No comments at all. Did not really expect any, but was prepared to answer. Best thing he said was, "see you in a year!"

Sissy

More Girl than man

Banned Read only
    One doesn't have to. Go ahead and agonize over it, and embarrass yourself. It's your right. It's none of his business.